Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: My Order arrived!        (Topic#1579839)
justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007

I got my order today from the UPS guy it was sitting by my door when I got home. The package was a little bit damages on the corner edge of the package. I assume they don't take good care of their shippment. But it all good my stuff is in good order I didn't think the clear block would be so big I order the 6x6 I think it was. But can use it on bigger stampes when i use my Tim Holtz roadtrip tire track. I bought some extra stampes from JoAnne and another smaller clear block and some Memento tuxedo black Ink to go with my Ranger Archivel balck Ink that came with my order. I also bought this stamp pad I saw at Jo Anns today. I guess it helps to provide pressure to provide "the best ink impressions". So, do any of you have it, does it work good? It called: "Rubber Stamp Pad". Well, hope you are having a good day?

Justie

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-20-12 08:56 AM
In response to justartguy007

SB.com takes a lot of care with packaging, but things can get damaged by UPS. If you ever receive damaged items, contact sb.com customer service, they are excellent. Now go play and make stuff!

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to stick

I'll just going to watch a few more videos on stamping. Yeah they wrap stuff in brown paper which is nice.

Justie

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

I'm always amazed at the care sb.com takes with their packaging. Now J's...that's a different matter. It usually seems like they throw a paperstack in at the last minute and usually one that looks like it was a returned item, with torn/bent corners. In fact, I'll often get notice that my order is coming in two shipments, then it comes in one and the small order is what's tossed in at the top.

Shipping companies are also another matter. I've had whole sides caved in or ripped, but I've never had anything damaged. Pretty amazing!

Have fun learning to stamp. I've only done it a little bit. I enjoy it when I do it, but there are just too many toys to play with and I forget to use them all. I need a big toybox open right at my feet so I can see what all I have...but those little stamps would fall to the bottom and never get used :>( ~Judy

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to mrsdriver5

Ooh, it's like Christmas early! Enjoy your new toys.

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to RedSquirrel

Enjoy your new stuff! I just got an order from here this week too and was so impressed by the care they took in packaging the paper!

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to ktmracing

I ordered a bunch of individual sheets of paper from sb.com and was very impressed with the shipping.
As for J's the local store near me doesn't take care of their paper packs there all damaged, bent, or ripped. So it's no surprise that your paper wasn't delivered in good condition.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to ktmracing

Thanks yeah I am enjoying my new stamps for sure. Already "broke them in" I just have to get started with my ablums... But it hard to think of what I want to do with each lo's I printed out some tags with writting on it for the heritage album. I guess I should just start working on one to see how it turns out, lol.

Justie

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8

Sometimes the only way to get it done is to just start working on it and see if you like it or not. I never stick anything down permanetly until I am sure I am going to like what I am doing. Even with the stamps I will stamp it on a scrap piece of paper and place that on my layout to see if I will like it. Have fun playing with your stamps.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Yeah agree with you about just getting started with it. I know how I want it to look. I am going to start with all the families last name as a title page. The turn the page and it has the pictures and information. I am going to leave the title page blank. Unitl I get the cameo cutting machine. Which I plan to get this month. I want to use some of the fonts I have on my computer.

I use the stamps on my skectes paper just torn two out and started to stamp a couple. I decided to keep them I put the name of the stamps and the date I stamped the stamps and after I knew it was dry then put it back in my sketches book. I am a serious pack rat when it comes to my artwork. I should either sell some of it. I know some I'll throw out because most of it is from my college days. But thinking I might just redo some of them to make them "better". Hope you ladies and guys are having a good weekend?

Justie

RhondaR
Idol
RhondaR

Just adding that my UPS box was badly damaged this time as well...SO thankful that scrapbook.com packages everything so well or I'm certain I'd have had some damamged merchandise.

I rarely stamp on layouts but I love using stamps for cards. Enjoy your new stuff!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to RhondaR

I stamp a lot when making cards, sometimes there is a little learning curve but overall I really enjoy it. I also heat emboss quite alot of my images, it really helps if I want to add color to the images. Enjoy your goodies!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to chocolateaxel

I know I buy more stamps than I use but I do love using them. Can't wait to see what you create with your box of goodies!!

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to RhondaR

UPS delivers damaged packages to us so frequently that DH and I have a running joke about the elephant that works for them and is required to sit on all packages -- They just pay him peanuts. All of my orders from SB, however, have always come through in good shape. I guess they know about the elephant.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-02-12 08:06 PM
In response to Ms. Fit

The Zappos packages are the worst that I receive - but the shoe-box contained within is never damaged.

RhondaR
Idol
RhondaR
In response to stick

haha...it did look like an elephant might have stepped on my package. Strange how I rarely get a damaged package from the usps...but often from UPS...I guess you're right---it's gotta be the elephant lol.

Diva
In response to RhondaR

SO nice to have new stuff to play with

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to bayamonesa1

lol nice comments, yeah it is. I might go today and get some distress ink and new stamps from Michaels not sure yet.

my blog it not much but here it is... http://wwwjustie.blogspot.com/

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

just a little on shipping companies: for the most part, they aren't real easy on packages. they do go through machines, on belts and the like, but the guys toss them around like basketballs if they don't say fragile on them.... how did i come to know this? last year my husband worked as a seasonal helper with the ups. i couldn't believe how rough some of the guys were with packages... it just was CRAZY...

Diva
In response to flutterbye0419

That is not nice for the money that you pay to send packages with this company!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics