Username Post: Pet memorial card        (Topic#1579859)
Expert

Has anyone done a pet sympathy card? My son and daughter in law just had to put down our beloved Sebastian, a beautiful malamute husky mix. They rescued him and his sister at the age of eight, just as they were to be put down for being unadoptable.
Sebastian lived to 12, my son and DIL were lucky enough to love and care for this wonderful member of the family.

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to deedee49

I've never made one, but you might look up a poem called "Rainbow Bridge".... I think it'd be nice to have a picture of your DIL and son with the dog on the front and maybe the poem on the inside.

Bless their hearts for rescuing him and giving him a great life.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to michellesmakingmemories

I did a pet memorial LO--well, it's kinda a mixture of oversized cards and a scrapbook pages. I like to make oversized cards. I am going to give them to my aunt. When grandma died, everyone said that her dog, Zeus, would die of a broken heart. I thought that was nonsense, but a month later Zeus was dead. He quit eating. He was an older dog and had other problems, but it was the not eating that killed him. He was a huge part-wolf, and he was just skin and bones when my aunt had him put down. Nothing anyone could do could make him eat! Well, I am giving this to my aunt, becuase she lived with grandma for over 20 years, and she herself was attached to Zeus.

I submit the LOs here. Hope it helps!
Zeus p. 1 By Jaspernonyx
Zeus p. 2 By Jaspernonyx

Kim

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to jaspernonyx

I am sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is losing a part of your family. My neighbor just lost his beloved dog and I need to make him a card. Not sure where to start either!

Expert
In response to binkiemonstermom

thanks for the ideas. You ladies are great!

Zermeno26
Resident
Zermeno26
In response to deedee49

I have one here.. http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/602217/view /3721343/...
If that doesn't work its in my gallery
Hope that helps on the inside i printed out a copy of Rainbow Bridge

Expert
In response to Zermeno26

Oh how sweet...nice idea

Expert
In response to jaspernonyx

• jaspernonyx Said:
I did a pet memorial LO--well, it's kinda a mixture of oversized cards and a scrapbook pages. I like to make oversized cards. I am going to give them to my aunt. When grandma died, everyone said that her dog, Zeus, would die of a broken heart. I thought that was nonsense, but a month later Zeus was dead. He quit eating. He was an older dog and had other problems, but it was the not eating that killed him. He was a huge part-wolf, and he was just skin and bones when my aunt had him put down. Nothing anyone could do could make him eat! Well, I am giving this to my aunt, becuase she lived with grandma for over 20 years, and she herself was attached to Zeus.

I submit the LOs here. Hope it helps!
Zeus p. 1 By Jaspernonyx
Zeus p. 2 By Jaspernonyx

Kim

Wow..I guess an animal can die of a broken heart. Very nice tribute.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to deedee49

I think you can look under resources here at sb.com. You can then select poems and pets and there is likely a beautiful and thoughtful sentiment about losing a beloved fur family member.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I have done several cards for the loss of a pet. I have lost a number myself over the years and make one when we lose some body and I put the card on a scrap page about them. I like to do a card with a sentiment like 'he may be gone physically but he will always be in your heart'. I print what I want to say then glue it in and embellish with flowers, ribbons, whatever seems appropriate for that person or pet.
Good thoughts to everyone who knew Sebastian.
Janet

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics