Username Post: Got Mono and I haven't even been kissing anyone...        (Topic#1579927)
Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free

Finally found out why I've been running fevers for two weeks straight....I've got Mono. UGH. Glad it's nothing more serious though!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-22-12 04:24 PM
In response to Mercy4Free

But that is serious. Take care of yourself and I hope you get better soon.

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to GMFTS

i had it back in 10th grade. I was out of school for the month of December.

REST...REST...REST!!! do not do anything strenuous!! i forget the reason but i do remember the doctor telling me this was very important.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Fargomutt

No fun! Been there, done that. I didn't kiss anyone, either! I was at a restaurant we went to frequently one day (after the wholo mono spell) and watched in horror as the food server refilled our glasses and then switched mine with DD's boyfriend's glass. I'm pretty sure that's how I got it (and my youngest, too) to begin with. I stick with water now, and have them refill at the table.

Nancy, you have to avoid strenuous activity because the spleen is enlarged.

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to Luvmyfam

Trying to do so! Hard when you gotta work..heading to bed in a few!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to Fargomutt

• Fargomutt Said:

REST...REST...REST!!! do not do anything strenuous!! i forget the reason but i do remember the doctor telling me this was very important.

Yes, lots of rest!!!! It is serious. Mono is nothing to mess with.

Take care of yourself!!!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Fargomutt

• Fargomutt Said:

You're at a higher risk of rupturing your spleen when sick with Mono. And be careful with the baby, she can get it too. No fun. Feel better!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH00016 17/

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to ScrappyMama6

But it IS serious! People die from it. Take care of yourself and your little girl.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Trina_P

Or better yet, have someone help you take care of your little girl so you can rest more and keep her farther from it. Like everyone said, it is serious, and wearing yourself out while prolong it. I know it's tough when you're a mom and work and everything though. One of my good friends in high school had it. She came to school every other day for a half day (switched mornings/afternoons) for 4-6 weeks and even that was too much for her body. Hope you get better soon! I'll say prayers of healing for you!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
  • Fargomutt Said:

You're at a higher risk of rupturing your spleen when sick with Mono. And be careful with the baby, she can get it too. No fun. Feel better!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH00016 17/

Holy cow! I just read this link and didn't know you can be contagious for a few MONTHS afterwards!!!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to scraprabbit

Like everyone has already said Mono is serious and can have life-long after affects. My niece and her younger brother had mono when she was in junior high and he was in elementary school (I think). Took them a very long time to recover from it.
Take care of yourself Mercy 4Free!

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to 2xblessed

thanks everyone...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics