Username Post: Help with theme        (Topic#1579945)
MiaFrancis
Resident
MiaFrancis

Hello everybody.

I'm starting scrapbook for my friend and I need to help what pictures to choose. I have on my mind 3 ideas, her and her mom who died little over a year ago, or her and her little daughter, or me and her. It will be present.

What you all think?

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to MiaFrancis

I would avoid the one with her mom. Scrapbook of loved ones pasted can be tricky. You want your gift to make her smile, not cry, kwim???!!! I think her and her daughter and you and her is a great idea!!!! HTHs!!

grandma_sue
Angel
grandma_sue
In response to binkiemonstermom

I was thinking just the opposite, on how much she would treasure a scrapbook of her and her mom. My mom died when I was young and I would have loved preserving the memories we had. Because as we get older .... we forget.

That's just my thoughts. I'm sure she will love whatever you decide! Just have fun doing it.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to grandma_sue

If it were me, I would try to do all 3 ideas in one album. You can make "sections" of the album, each with different titles. "Remembering Mom," etc. A book about your friend's life would include stuff about her mom, her daughter, and you. As has been said, your friend will love whatever you give her--so just have fun! Do your album in a way that feels natural to you and reflects you.

MiaFrancis
Resident
MiaFrancis
In response to jaspernonyx

Thank you all for ideas =) I think I will start and see where it takes me and what I will and will not use =) My dad died 12 years ago and I know I would love to have scrapbook with his pictures.

New Kid On the Block
In response to MiaFrancis

I think a great theme would be friends past present and future....w/Mom (how important her mom was and how she formed her life---you and her---her and her daughter.

Diva
In response to odllovesjdl

I will include them. It is part of her story.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics