Username Post: Scrapbook purchased with plastic inserts        (Topic#1579961)
New Kid On the Block

I have never created a scrapbook before. I purchased a 10-page scrapbook with the clear plastic page protectors. How are the pages typically made? I purchased 12x12 paper which I was going to design my pages on, and then insert them into the sleeves, but how would it work if I wanted to add 3D items to my pages.. buttons, 3D stickers, ribbon, etc.

beebuzz
Diva
beebuzz
In response to jennifercosta

First: Hi and welcome to SB.com!

There is usually enough space in the sleeve to put 2 layouts with embellies (back to back). You should have no problems adding buttons, 3D stickers, flowers, brads, layers and layers of pp and more. Unless you really really go crazy with the embellies.

I embellish moderately, but I find that cutting off 1/8 inch of the side of my base page keeps it from warping in the sleeve.

Edited by beebuzz on 08-30-12 04:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to beebuzz

Welcome Jennifer!

I know, I thought the same when I got my first album. You'll find that the page protectors are very slightly bigger than 12x12 though, plenty big enough to squeeze bulky pages in. As Chantal said, you can trim a small amount off your card-stock before you start.

Make sure you store the album upright, and not squashed too tightly on the shelf, and your pages will fit fine.

Enjoy your new hobby!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to jennifercosta

I wonder how many of us had the very same question when we first started? I asked almost the same question on another blog site. I wrote that I hated the look of the page protectors...and I still do...but since the alternative is dirt/grime/spills/things falling off & getting lost, I sucked it up and use the page protectors. I don't embellish heavily so have had no problem...but I still think they make pretty pages look ugly

Sometimes I just can't resist pulling a page out so people with clean hands can touch and see the different textures better. ~Judy

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I wonder how many of us had the very same question when we first started? I asked almost the same question on another blog site. I wrote that I hated the look of the page protectors...and I still do...but since the alternative is dirt/grime/spills/things falling off & getting lost, I sucked it up and use the page protectors. I don't embellish heavily so have had no problem...but I still think they make pretty pages look ugly

Sometimes I just can't resist pulling a page out so people with clean hands can touch and see the different textures better. ~Judy

I hate the page protectors too. I just use the old style scrapbooks that my grandparents had, the kind with the black pages and glue my pages in there. I don't mind the dirt and fingerprints too much. It just means that my family loves them and looks at them often. It gives them an aging that only time and love can give.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics