Username Post: Fallout Protection of Photo Sleeves?        (Topic#1579967)
New Kid On the Block

Any tips on what to use to keep my 3x5 photos from falling out of the pages of top loading 4x6 sleeves? I thought maybe a clear mailing seal folded over the two top sleeves might work, but what are your experiences?

Edited by Superdadu on 08-23-12 06:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Expert
In response to Superdadu

Are they actually falling out or just sliding up and down alot? I used a ton of the WRMK divided pages in an album and I haven't noticed any problems with the 4x6 photos falling out. I did add a touch of adhesive to all of the PP & CS in the bigger openings (4x12, 2x12, etc.) because I was having issues with those--at least moving more than I wanted them too, but obviously that wouldn't work very well with photos...

New Kid On the Block
In response to HuskerMom98

Thanks for the replay, HuskerM: When handling the albums, turning the pages, etc, the photos can very easily slip out. I forgot that our albums in the 60s to 80s are mainly 3x5s and those are quite loosely sitting in the sleeves and it is those that are causing the problem. (I have edited my original post to be more accurate)

Edited by Superdadu on 08-23-12 06:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Diamond Events by Tiffany
In response to Superdadu

I have been having this problem with the pages I bought from HL last time. I just added a decorative paper clip...but that will get old soon...

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Diamond Events by Tiffany

Why not use photo corners?
They come in different colors. Or you can make your own photo corners using a punch.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Solitaire

When I'm doing Project Life pages and I'm using smaller pictures, I just mount them on a piece of 4x6 cardstock....
I don't know how much work it would be, but you could just mount the photos. They wouldn't fall out then....

Alison

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Superdadu

mount them on a 4*6 cardstock - with photo corners if you wish - decorate, even better - or a clear plastic sheet if you want a clear background
Products Referenced in This Post:

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Superdadu

Zots?

Melonhead
Tenant
Melonhead
In response to OlesyaK.

I love the look of these mounted on subtly patterned paper. I try to at least have those on one page match or coordinate.

I have been known to slighty trim down 4x6 so I can put them on a paper or cardstock. I also will fill in gaps with patterned paper when the subject of photos is "done" for that page.

A *tiny* spot of repositionable glue stick on the back of the photo will "stick" to the back of the opposite picture, if the divided pages don't have a center divider thingy.

The sliding problem was a really big problem for me in those old 2-up or 3-up albums, back before I started using the backing paper and glue stick. I got rid of several of these albums before I thought of sticking them in there. And I called myself a scrapbooker. Humpf.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Melonhead

I've used those with no problem.

I don't understand how photos are falling out of top-loading protectors. Are you turning your album upside down?

You could also look for 'storage' page protectors. They are like the Crop in Style pages, and have a little lip that closes.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Superdadu

Thanks for the suggestions: more info about my process. There are hundreds and hundreds of photos from 1966 on that I am having my teenage grandson transfer from the old, falling-apart, flip albums to these new, acid-free, photo sleeve pages. I don't imagine they will ever be made into scrapbooks, at least by me, so are serving as long-term storage all in perfect chronological order. When family want to browse through these albums the problem of fall-out is frequent.
[My scrapbooking for several years involves family photos taken all before 1966 that were sitting in boxes.]

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Superdadu

I apologize. I missed the details (3x5 photos 4x6 space)

Others have given good suggestions -- little bit of adhesive or mount the photos.

You may also just get 4x6 index cards to put in the pockets between the photos?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics