Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: Hurricane Progressive Aug 2012. ~~~ Live on Saturday        (Topic#1579977)
Resident

A Progressive Challenge is done quickly and in steps.........it's like scrapbooking meets Simon Says with a touch of choose your group's adventure. Or it could be described as going to a virtual crop since we chat and scrap at the same time. Here's why a virtual crop can be great:

~*~ there's no pressure to buy more scrap supplies (like you need more)

~**~ it's from the comfort of your own home (including the scream/fighting kids, hubby that needs your help finding something you miss placed, crying baby, and bothersome calls from the MIL)

~***~ your supplies don't have to be packed and unpacked (because they're right where you left them--or at least that's where you thought you left it)

THIS IS A MOTIVATIONAL ROUND --- no points no prizes

At the selected time of the day Saturday 12 noon EST, I will give directions for you to follow approximately every 15 minutes until the challenge/layout is complete. I will not even know the how the layout will turn out because you all will help make decisions as I narrate a story. It’s like a choose your own adventure scrapbook challenge.

This weekend our progressive will be related to hurricane names since I live in the beautiful state of Florda.And here's the list for 2012 names that we will use as answers to the challenge. Link

We will do a second round Saturday at 4 ish and Sunday at Noon and maybe even a 4th round time to be announced

You will need common scrap supplies and 1 or 2 or 3 pictures to be decided at the time of the challenge. The first step can be using a sketch or scraplifting, so you can get a head start on finding what you'll want to use.

You must follow the steps and you should not peek ahead if you are doing the page after the fact. You must do what the step says, but you can do more if you would like. For example if the step calls for adding embellishments and you’re told to add two you could add three.

You can play with me at that time I give the directions or you can follow later following the order when you get a free moment to play. For this mega large progressive you have one week to finish any project.

Some sneak peeks:
*Step one: find a sketch or a LO to scraplift or freestyle
**Step two: paper selection and placement
***Step three: adding pictures
****Step four: adding handmade embellishments adding including newest goodies
*****Step five: adding "more" to the page
******Step six: adding the title
*******Step seven: journaling/doodling time

THE RULES:
*Your lo has to be new as of the day the challenge, hence a progressive challenge.
**Upload your lo here within one week of the last direction.
***Single or double page LO's are fine. Any size is allowed too! Paper only as the directions are for that type.
****When the challenge weekend has been closed I will PM all participants and each person that completes a page will select their favorite project. Voting earns you more points
*****Don’t vote for yourself as you will points for PMing a vote..
******You can start the challenge at anytime within the the week.
this is a motivational round....we throw points, voting and rules out the window
*******You MUST follow each direction step-by-step one at a time, NO sneak peeks.

Edited by Progressive Challenge on 08-25-12 02:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident
In response to Progressive Challenge

I will find a wiki list this afternoon and prep the questions. There are over 100 new ideas for this challenge so feel free to study the new stuff at

Aug pins

Breaking news a hurricane progressive challenge has been spotted and is set to hit sb.com noon on Saturday I hope you can play along

Aug 2012 round 1

Round 2

Round Three

Edited by Progressive Challenge on 08-25-12 02:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

I'll follow along, but will be late!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-24-12 05:42 AM
In response to Faithscrapper

I should be good for Saturday (always subject to last minute changes) and maybe even Sunday.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to GMFTS

11:00 a.m. Central!! Sounds great to me!

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to justowen

I'm planning on being here. DH will be fishing, dd1 will be sleeping late I'm sure (and then heading out to Country Fest), dd2 will be recuperating from 2 exhausting days of soccer try-outs. She did say she wanted to get a pedi this weekend. Hmmm . . . maybe I can bribe dd1 to take her if I treat them!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to provinca

I will try to be here.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to tinadn

Anna, did she make the team? Or does she have to wait to find out?

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

welcome everyone!!! I started so early this AM I hope to make it to bed soon!!! I've had a 5 hour energy drink and I have an hour left but I could sleep now. Not that going to bed is early; I can always wake early and start craft with my morning pal Paula

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

And here's the list for 2012 names that we will use as answers to the challenge. Link

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 08-24-12 02:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Faithscrapper

Find the Hurricane name with the letter that starts with the same letter as your first name.

Find the Hurricane name with the letter that starts with the same letter as your most dreaded teacher’s name in school.

Find the Hurricane name with the letter that starts with the same letter as the scrap artist you get inspired by most.

Find the Hurricane name with the letter that starts with the same letter as your bff.

Find the Hurricane name with the letter that starts with the same letter as your grandmother.

Find the Hurricane name with the letter that starts with the same letter as one of your babies – furry or otherwise.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
Anna, did she make the team? Or does she have to wait to find out?

The try-outs aren't over yet! She had 2 days today and then every day next week. A couple of those days are workouts/tryouts and a couple are scrimmage. She'll find out which team she made after Labor Day weekend. She's hoping to make varsity but said she'd be happy with jv -- although she was put on the varsity scrimmage teams today . . . I'll just be glad when the try outs are over - she's walking like she's an old lady!

Looking forward to the progressive tomorrow! I need to get some scrapping done!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

I'm off to look at my kit for Sept and see what pics I wanna work with. I already made a list of things i want to accomplish with this kit. I'm also going to head over to the august pin board and see what things I may want to try this weekend.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Ms.Schwiet

Can't wait to see how you scrap the try outs, Anna!!
Good luck to her!

I think I'm going to check out the pin board, too. I'm feeling really inspired from seeing the inspirational lo's in Mary's challenge! I wish my printer would work correctly so I could scrap anything and everything for Progressives, but I have boxes of printed pics, so I'll just have to work from those.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

Alrighty. I'm awake and i don't know why.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Ms.Schwiet

i realized why I was up so early.... i looked over my templates and found I forgot to put in free space... whew!

Resident
In response to provinca

Here is Round 2

provinca
Mayor
provinca

I'm up and ready . . . . .

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to provinca

me too. I hope nothing pops up between now and start time. Seems like progressives tend to bring out the craziness in our house:)

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to tinadn

I think most of us can can agree. It was a guarantee fight between with my hubby. I wouldn't get scrap time the last weekend of every month,; I'd get cr@p time from him. Whew... glad I'm over that. Bring on the fun.

I have my Sat. morning routine. Playground, McD's and spring. I should be back around noonish. Don't hold me to an exact start time 'cause I'm making the most out this first weekend after school starts.

I think I'm going to be scrap ambition and make an entire mini... Maybe I can forget sleeping! LOL my aunt would say you can get plenty of sleep when your dead, with that philosophy I can get lost of scrap time.

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics