Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Did you hear, they are supposedly not making the Gypsy anymore....        (Topic#1580051)
PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

If PC stops making the Gypsy and I have to use a computer, I will JUMP ship and buy a cameo.

The main reason I wanted a cricut was it did not need a computer but I like to weld so I got a G...if my G dies, and I am forced to use craft room.....NO WAY. I will not use my Cricut if I have to use my computer.

If you are members of the Cricut board, please let them know not to discontinue your beloved G.....I wish I could spend the $$$ right now to buy a backup.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to PhotobearSam

I still wonder if it's because they are coming out with something better, ya know the new and improved!
I would be so lost without my G.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to ChansGram

they say their new and improved is Cricut CraftRoom......Ummmmm.No.

I don't want to use a computer.....

Can you imagine if I had to truck all my 150 carts with me to Florida each winter and then take them all back to Canada....Ummmm NO

If they are coming out with (maybe) an app for the Iphone that works like a Gypsy but that seems unlikely. All they have to do is be honest and address the rumors....If they get rid of the Gypsy, I am selling all my cricut stuff and going with the Cameo.

Edited by PhotobearSam on 08-26-12 09:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

It's a shame, because they sold people on the Gypsy by touting its portability as an improvement over Design Studio, to the point where most people point to its portability and the ability to design on the go as one of the things they like best about it. I guess Provo Craft has changed their mind about the value of portability, which is going to be a big disappointment to everyone who found real value in it and in PC's claims that there was nothing better.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to aquabunny

Probably something better will come out. I can see a lot of people jumping ship if it doesn't. They have already made hoards of people angry about the Cricut Circle. They will lose their customers right and left if carts aren't available for use without a computer.

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to 950nancy

Oh wow I just bought a Gypsy - only turned it on once to play with - have yet to really use it or link anything. I wonder if I should return it and get my money back and stop putting more money into Cricut/Provo Craft.

Kasima
Kasima 
Veteran
Kasima
In response to uruvero

I sure hope that is not true....I have never been on the craft room.. I love my G and to tell you the truth i don't think i would know how to use my cricut without it....Good thing i have a cameo , but still all the money i spent on cartridges etc....Not Good!!

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping
In response to Kasima

i would be really upset. I linked tons of cartridges to the gypsy and now they can't be unlinked or linked to craft room.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to crazyaboutscrapping

I have over 150 cartridges linked to my Gypsy. You don't need to link your cartridges to the Craft Room. I spoke to a Provocraft agent last week. She told me I could create a file on Craft Room using any of the cartridges on the website, and save the file to my Gypsy. Then the Gypsy can be connected to my cricut to cut the images, just as long as the carts used to create the file have been linked with the Gypsy.

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to Solitaire

The more I read about this the more I am convinced to just return my gypsy and try to sell by create and carts and move onto something else. It sounds like they won't be supporting it much more.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to uruvero

I might buy a back up gypsy just in case.....

scrapqueen141
Resident
scrapqueen141

I am a huge Cricut fan, but it sure seems like there is always something they keep changing or doing that makes everything difficult. I have been looking into the Cameo as well, however, I'm not much for change and I have a ton of cartridges. The gypsy is the best thing about Cricut crafting. I love my computer but I definitely do not want to be tied to it! I have no idea what I should do. I guess just pray my gyspy doesn't ever crash!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to scrapqueen141

I had my Cricut for a couple of years before I bought the Gypsy. I rarely used the Cricut because I thought it had a lot of limitations, but since getting the Gypsy I use it all the time! I don't want to be tied to my computer, that just isn't a viable option for me. If Provo Craft continues to rumor removing the Gypsy from their line-up, I will definitely start looking at other products and get rid of my Cricut.

Eleanorsmama
New Kid On the Block
Eleanorsmama
In response to chocolateaxel

I wonder if they're going to have an app for the iPad/Phone, etc. Could be interesting, but I'm not sure they have the technical savy...

Jen E
Jen E 
Guru
Jen E
  • Jen E on 09-04-12 06:10 PM
In response to Eleanorsmama

I sure hope they don't do anything with the gypsy! I totally love mine and use it most to the time when making LOs. I asked for one for Christmas a few years ago since I don't have a laptop and don't want to be tied to my desktop for anything. With my G. I can sit on the couch with my family watching a movie and still create die cuts for my projects! PC is crazy if they are thinking about doing away with the G. I t hink like many of you that they will lose lots more customers.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Jen E

I can see them coming up with a new improved machine that would take our used carts. It would have to.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to 950nancy

Nancy, that's what I think too. I just can't imagine them just shutting down something like that in this day and age. Everywhere you look/ turn its all about new technology and gadgets, why would they not want in on that?
That's my hope anyway! I don't want to be without my "G" !!

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to ChansGram

I think this is a rumor. I do not believe that pc has confirmed or denied this gypsy rumor. It is amazing how fast things spread on the internet. I have a gypsy and love it and there are many threads on the cricut site about this same issue. I understand people are concerned with the lack of communication coming from pc but putting out unconfirmed claims on message boards isn't helping. Sorry just my 2 cents.

surescrapsalot
Veteran
surescrapsalot
In response to Solitaire

• Solitaire Said:
I have over 150 cartridges linked to my Gypsy. You don't need to link your cartridges to the Craft Room. I spoke to a Provocraft agent last week. She told me I could create a file on Craft Room using any of the cartridges on the website, and save the file to my Gypsy. Then the Gypsy can be connected to my cricut to cut the images, just as long as the carts used to create the file have been linked with the Gypsy.

Now this is some great info! Thanks for sharing!!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Solitaire

• Solitaire Said:

So the advantage to this is?? designing on a bigger screen (monitor) than the Gypsy screen? I've not visited the Craft Room. Maybe I should.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics