Username Post: Xyron Design Runner Printer        (Topic#1580089)
4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans

I just watched a video on this and think I want one. I know it's been around awhile. I would want the customizeable thing to go with it.

Does anyone have it ? What are the pros & cons ?

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to 4tgrfans

I demo-ed the Design Runner for Michael's when it first came out so I'm not sure what options/improvements have been made since then... but, truth be told, I don't think it's worth it. It's a great idea, but hasn't been perfected. I think the biggest con, for me, was that it's dependent on your ability to move it in a slow, straight/curvy line (easier said, than done) on your paper. There's no erasing so you have to cover up your mistakes or start anew. Perhaps your local scrapbook store has one you can try before deciding to buy. Good luck!!

If you do end up buying it, I'd love to know what you think of it.

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to michellesmakingmemories

I bought it a couple of years ago (with all the attachments). It adds a nice touch to a LO, but is not very easy to get straight. I don't think I've used it for over a year-- just not worth the hassle.

This one has pre-made quotes
It's going to be an amazing journey. By Leslief

The one below has journaling around the edges

First Swim By Leslief

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 09-22-12 07:46 PM
In response to leslief

I just bought one online for $16. I don't know what they cost so i don't know if that is good or not. I will let you know whatI think of it when i get a chance to play with it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Cinj

I've seen them in Joanns and always wondered. Plase let us know how you like it.

scrappinmac
Expert
scrappinmac
In response to Henri Jean

I haven't used it, but i've seen it at Tuesday Morning and have been tempted. I've heard that there's a thing you can buy that helps you move it in a nice straight line easier.

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 10-02-12 09:24 AM
In response to scrappinmac

I got this in the mail yesterday. I don't think I will use it all the time but for the $16 it is worth it. I was able to print pretty straight just practicing but I will use a straight edge when I am working on cards. I probably won't use it for scrapbooking unless it is just to add a word to a picture or something small.

It did solve my dilemma - I made a cat card for my sister in law and wanted to put "Have a purr-fect Christmas" in it but the stamp I found with that on it was $30. Now I plan to buy the blank card so I can add my own wording on ebay for like $30 and I can add any sentiment I want with out buying the stamps. So this machine will be finishing a lot of Christmas cards.

I also don't plan to print on ribbon often since everything I have seen says t dosn't line up well but I will personalize ribbon by printing my neices and nephews names on it so I don't have to line them up perfectly.

Once I have had more time to play with it I will post pictures to my gallery of the items I make.

I would say if you can get it for a good price go for it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics