Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Honey Boo Boo        (Topic#1580107)
Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Megan - ForumTech

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
I can't post on this. 'cause I'd have to mop myself.

lol

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
Does it even seem legal to have train tracks 5 feet from your house? No way I could have let my kids outdoors.

When I was a kid, one of my friend's family lived in the old train station in a rural area. So their "porch" was the platform. yikes.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to corrie fan

I'd have nightmares if my house was 5 feet from train tracks and I had kids,,,,,,nope, no way I could do it. I don't think I could do it even if I DIDN'T have kids.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to CommaHolly

I grew up near a train and find the sounds of a train going by and train whistles VERY comforting BUT the train tracks were not just outside my window!

Growing up "the sounds of the trains" were like a clock ticking or chiming every hour, or a town hall or church bell ringing. The train sounds represented "all is right with the world" because the trains are on time.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Haven't watched the show but I might see what's it all about, maybe.

Train tracks. My parents house is really close. You step out their back door and they are right there. They actually split my parent's property.

I did not grow up there but I did grow up the street from them. I like the sound of the train whistle. It was very hard to sleep when I went away to college and there was no train sounds.

I moved back to the town I grew up in and live farther away from the tracks but you can still see them from my house. Honestly, I don't even hear them anymore unless I'm thinking about it because I can ignore it unless it's been a day or more since they've come through (only happened a few times) and then I'm wondering what happened to them.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
Does it even seem legal to have train tracks 5 feet from your house? No way I could have let my kids outdoors.

Natural selection, baby!!!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • 950nancy Said:

Honey Boo Boo is like watching a train wreck complete with it's own train

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I haven't watched the show but while watching Hoarder's I saw preview to episode where mom had an issue with her feet and they showed her slowly starting to take her socks off....Did anyone see what that issue was?

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • 950nancy Said:

You haven't met my kids, Linda. They would have been gone! First squirrel they saw would have sent them romping down the rails.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to shortmouse

• shortmouse Said:
I haven't watched the show but while watching Hoarder's I saw preview to episode where mom had an issue with her feet and they showed her slowly starting to take her socks off....Did anyone see what that issue was?

Why yes, yes I did. She got her foot run over by a forklift. When she took her sock off, parts of it were mangled and there were a ton of bugs stuck in her toenails. Now do you want to watch it?

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
  • shortmouse Said:

Why yes, yes I did. She got her foot run over by a forklift. When she took her sock off, parts of it were mangled and there were a ton of bugs stuck in her toenails. Now do you want to watch it?

No more then ever....OMG

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to shortmouse

Oh man, forklift foot. OF COURSE they cut to a commercial before the sock made it all the way off.

I was on the edge of my seat.

scrappinjan
Idol
scrappinjan
In response to kelseymel

I was expecting more from the forklift foot, it was gross, especially the bugs but I was thinking smooched flat or something like that.

eta: has anyone read this article? It makes me sad for her kids, I don't really think they stand much of a chance. She has some questionable taste in men.

june's baby daddies

Edited by scrappinjan on 09-01-12 05:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrappinjan

She is a really winner.

I read the entire article. I thought some of it was an act for the cameras but I think they really are that bad.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Henri Jean

And why do we (general "we") promote and glamorize stuff like this?? Barf.

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:

The show is obviously getting good ratings. I have trouble with the child angle on it. I just don't understand why parents would want to put their children in beauty pageants or on show's like Honey Boo Boo.
On another note I can't watch show's like Honey Boo Boo but I just can't stay away from the Hoarder shows even when they are so nasty I have to turn my head. I am a craft hoarder but nothing like on Hoarder's I can walk through my room.

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:

The show is obviously getting good ratings. I have trouble with the child angle on it. I just don't understand why parents would want to put their children in beauty pageants or on show's like Honey Boo Boo.
On another note I can't watch show's like Honey Boo Boo but I just can't stay away from the Hoarder shows even when they are so nasty I have to turn my head. I am a craft hoarder but nothing like on Hoarder's I can walk through my room.

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
  • shortmouse Said:

OMG Was that Hoarders? Honey Boo Boo is pretty bad but Hoarders is downright nasty. People sleeping and eating in piles of garbage and bugs. It's like watching a train wreck! It makes me want to get up and clean my house! LOL

TLC is scraping the bottom of the barrel with TV shows lately. They need to put "learning" back into The Learning Channel.

And speaking of trains...

• Quote:
Gelidy Gelato

I grew up near a train and find the sounds of a train going by and train whistles VERY comforting BUT the train tracks were not just outside my window!

Growing up "the sounds of the trains" were like a clock ticking or chiming every hour, or a town hall or church bell ringing. The train sounds represented "all is right with the world" because the trains are on time.

My town is nicknamed "The Town of Seven Railroads" because there are trains running all through it. We live about a mile from a train crossing. I can hear the train whistle and sometimes the rumbling from my house on a regular basis. After awhile you don't even notice it.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics