Username Post: Interactive ideas        (Topic#1580191)
Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

I am trying to work on a scrapbook where people can interact with the pages instead of being just something pretty in sleeves to just look at only. I already have some pages made where you can open pouches and take out items that we have collected over our life and I am in the process of making a pop-up diorama of our last vacation. I made a miniature scrapbook for one page and tiny little book (the Pet Sematary one) for one of my cats. I would like more interactive ideas where people can have fun and interact with my scrapbook.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Lunareclipse

Off the top of my head, I can suggest incorporating a game spinner, like the one by Leaky Shed somehow....
Using flip pockets to add hidden journalling, treasures or photos....
And there are things called "wobble springs" that you can get to attach stuff that will pop out when a card is opened....

Alison

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Off the top of my head, I can suggest incorporating a game spinner, like the one by Leaky Shed somehow....
Using flip pockets to add hidden journalling, treasures or photos....
And there are things called "wobble springs" that you can get to attach stuff that will pop out when a card is opened....

Alison

I actually like the spinner idea. Be a neat idea to incorporate that into a real game in my scrapbook. I could probably take pics of the little people with signs saying go back two spaces or something like that. That's a great idea!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-29-12 05:57 PM
In response to Lunareclipse

Spinners, pull-tabs, flip cards, pop-ups, venetian blind type constructions. You might want to check out a book called "Making Mechanical Cards" for some interesting construction ideas. And while you check that out on Amazon take a look at the other books in the "customers who bought this also bought these" banner, lots of fun things. There's also a great blog called extremecards, mostly about pop-ups and stationary constructions but wonderful work and lots of great links and inspiration.

yarielma
Governor
yarielma
In response to stick

LOVE ALL THE NICE IDEAS.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics