Page 3 of 56 
Username Post: SEPT Monthly Sketch Anniversary 30-Day Sketch-a-thon!!        (Topic#1580197)
TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4
In response to Ladybing Tammy

mms

mbattitori
Veteran
mbattitori
In response to TexasMomOf4

I need some scrappy mojo...can't remember the last layout I actually did! Please sign me up!!
Michelle B.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to mbattitori

MMS I doubt I will be able to keep up on the chatter, but I will do my best! LOL

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to mbattitori

jci...trying to make a decision on the 1st few sketches I'll be posting & super excited to get this sketchy celebration started tomorrow!

Happy FRIDAY to all!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to jamariel

I for one am on the edge of MY seat!

Kelly,

We call them galleries for a reason. Some of the ladies here are artists like Rembrant, Picasso, and Monet - the kind of stuff that belongs on the walls of a museum. I can appreciate that art for its sheer beauty, go home inspired, and create my OWN masterpieces using MY visions and MY skills.

I started scrapping in 2004. I, too, was a little discouraged when I compared my first projects to those of some of the artists in this community. I joined Swirlydoos kit club, which was really wonderful for me because it made some of those artists "real people." I'll be forever grateful to that particular design team for helping me refine skill and technique, but mostly I am grateful for their help in realizing that a technique is something I can LEARN, but art has to come from MY inner soul.

The sheer magnitude of skill, knowledge, and techniques that are available since the advent of the internet and especially this community (THANK YOU JILL!) is very overwhelming! But if you don't try to do it all at once - take ONE technique skill at a time, learn it well enough to put it in your go-to arsenal - it's a little less so. Continue to learn, ask questions, apply technique, and grow.

But MOST of all, stay true to YOUR creative inner self. Just because I CAN imitate the style of a master-artist, is no reason I SHOULD. I won't, can't, and no longer WANT, to be the artist that someone else is. I'm my OWN artist, and my scrapbooks reflect that journey.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to GentlewoodFarms

I will try - I did all 12 when Jami did 12 days of Christmas a couple years ago, but I didn't even make it to day 6 of the 25 last year... 30 is SO out there, that I think, even an obsessive person like me can go in feeling relaxed in the idea of just doing SOME. That's what I'm telling myself anyway, but someone may have to come rescue me from a padded cell on October 1.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to dancinirish90

Gearing up for a big month!!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to FinallyMama

I loved this last year. I want to do as many as I can and I know it will be into October for me to finish them. I am going to try to get as many done as I can, but I am going to be away for 2 weeks and won't get much done. At least I'll have something in October to look forward too.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

when I heard about this from Pat (gentlewoodsfarm) I could not pass it up

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

I am in. I did this last month (after joining sb.com in August) and I have to do it again this year.

Tessa in Montreal
Veteran
Tessa in Montreal
In response to DaNel Hicks

Okay, I think I'd like to join all of you on this one. There is noooooo way i'll complete 30 sketches, but I love the idea of trying and I seriously need some inspiration!

P.S. I just read through all of your comments and I'm really jazzed not only to participate in the challenge, but in the comments! Thanks ladies

njr007
njr007 
Queen
njr007
In response to Tessa in Montreal

Okay, I'd like to give this a try. Everyone remember I said TRY!!!!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to dancinirish90

• dancinirish90 Said:
I will try - I did all 12 when Jami did 12 days of Christmas a couple years ago, but I didn't even make it to day 6 of the 25 last year... 30 is SO out there, that I think, even an obsessive person like me can go in feeling relaxed in the idea of just doing SOME. That's what I'm telling myself anyway, but someone may have to come rescue me from a padded cell on October 1.

I'm totally w/you Lisa. I plan on trying to stay as calm as possible and focus on getting one LO done @ a time. Hopefully by keeping our perspectives down 2 earth we'll both steer clear of the padded rooms, lol!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to Sassy Suzi

• Sassy Suzi Said:
I loved this last year. I want to do as many as I can and I know it will be into October for me to finish them. I am going to try to get as many done as I can, but I am going to be away for 2 weeks and won't get much done. At least I'll have something in October to look forward too.

Welcome back Suzi! Happy 2 have you playing along w/us this month. The key 2 keeping your sanity during this kind of a challenge is not to worry about what you miss when you're gone. Remember, the sketches will always be here 4 you to come back to whenever YOU are ready 4 them!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jadebrit

• jadebrit Said:

Yaay, welcome Jade! Very excited to have you playing along w/us!!

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to jamariel

jci

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to TexasMomOf4

What great inspiration! I'm in!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to Tessa in Montreal

• Tessa in Montreal Said:
Okay, I think I'd like to join all of you on this one. There is noooooo way i'll complete 30 sketches, but I love the idea of trying and I seriously need some inspiration!

P.S. I just read through all of your comments and I'm really jazzed not only to participate in the challenge, but in the comments! Thanks ladies

Welcome also DaNel, Tessa & Norma! Very excited to have you ladies joining us. One thing's 4 sure, the inspiration is going to be non-stop this month, and not just from the sketches. I can't wait to see how y'all interpret the sketches in your LO's.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jamariel

Whoo-hoo! Have our 1st sketch picked out & can't wait to share it w/y'all! Gonna try 2 post it a little early cause I simply cannot contain the excitement much longer, lol! Our Day 1 sketch goes live in about 2 & a half hours so stay tuned ladies...

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to jamariel

• jamariel Said:
  • jadebrit Said:

Yaay, welcome Jade! Very excited to have you playing along w/us!!

thanks. I am excited, scared and nervous at the same time, but mostly excited!!

Page 3 of 56 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics