Page 5 of 56 
Username Post: SEPT Monthly Sketch Anniversary 30-Day Sketch-a-thon!!        (Topic#1580197)
LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to FinallyMama

Acu! And working on sketch 1 already.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to scrapperbee

• scrapperbee Said:
My goal--to stay caught up this weekend; after that--we'll see how it goes.

I think that's a perfectly realistic goal too Bev.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jamariel

BTW, the 1st LO that is completed & posted to the thread each day is going to be featured on Pg. 1 of the challenge as the example of that day's sketch.

Congratulations Pat aka GentlewoodFarms for being our Day 1 Sketch featured artist!!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jamariel

Also wanna give a BIG welcome to Donna, Julie, Megan Ann & Carolyn!!

So excited to have you ladies joining us & looking forward to seeing what you create over the next 30 days!!

Edited by jamariel on 09-01-12 11:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to TexasMomOf4

ACU - I'm exhausted just thinking about 30 layouts

Tessa in Montreal
Veteran
Tessa in Montreal
In response to PamStewart.Iowa

OMG!!! How do you guys already have sketch #1 done!!!! I bow before you...I'm just jazzed that I have the papers selected for the first sketch - which by the way is great! Hee hee. (maniacal laugh)

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to jamariel

• jamariel Said:
BTW, the 1st LO that is completed & posted to the thread each day is going to be featured on Pg. 1 of the challenge as the example of that day's sketch.

Congratulations Pat aka GentlewoodFarms for being our Day 1 Sketch featured artist!!

Oh wow. I'm so proud of myself for buckling down and not procrastinating! Thanks, Jami! What a fun surprise!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Tessa in Montreal

• Tessa in Montreal Said:
OMG!!! How do you guys already have sketch #1 done!!!! I bow before you...I'm just jazzed that I have the papers selected for the first sketch - which by the way is great! Hee hee. (maniacal laugh)

I just grab the top ten papers from my stash, choose from that mini-stack, and go.

I print my own photos, so I don't have to figure out what to do about those, and that helps a LOT!

MarciLB
Governor
MarciLB
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Sketch 1...

Cowgirl......................... (me!) By Marcilb

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

I don't even have any photos in mind yet so you're further along than I am! LOLOL!!!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to jamariel

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

30 pages I'll give it a good try if I may still join?

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to sasload4

here's my day 1! when i saw Marci's I just laughed! great minds work alike!

Cowboy By Faithscrapper

these pics are from 1995

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
30 pages I'll give it a good try if I may still join?

Of course you may join us, this challenge is open ALL MONTH LONG so invite as many people as you want 2 join us! I know from experience, the more players that are here the more inspiration we will all be exposed to. Welcome 2 the sketchy FUN Sandra!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to jamariel

acu

Tessa in Montreal
Veteran
Tessa in Montreal

• GentlewoodFarms Said:

I just grab the top ten papers from my stash, choose from that mini-stack, and go.

I print my own photos, so I don't have to figure out what to do about those, and that helps a LOT!

Seriously? Top ten papers, huh. Evidently I need a new organizational system! Hmmmmm, printing out your own photos is a great idea. Do you need a special printer?

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jamariel

I think I just got an idea for the day 1 sketch...Whoo-hoo!!

REMINDER:
If you are playing for a prize RAK and have not already done so, I want to take this moment to remind you before we get too far gone into this challenge, to set up a way to track your # of sketches and post it in your signature. However you want to do it is fine as long as you keep track of the sketches you complete.
This thread is going to get EXTREMELY busy the more we get into the sketches & I WILL NOT BE ABLE to keep track of everyone's progress so I need your help in doing so.
If you choose not to play 4 one of the prize RAKS that is perfectly fine too & you do not need to worry about tracking your # of sketches completed unless you want to do so 4 your own purposes.

Thank you & that concludes this MSC Service Announcement.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to jamariel

Sketch One is done!

Just Us Girls - September MSC Sketch #1/5 Ingredients By LesleyC

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I never used a special printer before my MIL gifted me with the printer I'm using now, which IS a photo printer. I just used my regular ink jet printer with photo paper for ink jet printers. Of course, the the better your printer, the better the photo quality, but most of the ink jets out now are decent in terms of print quality.

I keep patterned paper together by manufacturer when I store it - USUALLY. I also keep odd and ends papers sorted by color family (warms, cools, neutrals) and patterns (small, large, polka dots, stripes). Sometimes my system needs a bit of a tweak, but usually it works. Between ten papers, I can usually find four or five that MIGHT work together.

Every so often I go through my paper stacks and sort. It's just about time for me to do that again.

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F

Day 1 and I'm already behind! lol I was hoping to scrap today, but dh had other plans. Maybe tomorrow, but it's not looking promising.

Page 5 of 56 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics