Page 3 of 22 
Username Post: Discouraged.        (Topic#1580207)
Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • Lunareclipse Said:
I'm new and I haven't felt verbally abused or left out. Not yet anyway. I must not have asked the wrong questions yet. I have a question, does this striped paper make my butt look fat?

no, it doesn't, but the polka dot ribbons that you're wearing are washing you out.

I'll have to work on that...I borrowed them from my husband...

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to pamela.tx

• pamela.tx Said:
  • Doreena Said:
Maybe this is too "new generation" (for lack of a better term), but personally if I am making a joke I always put "LOL" or "JK" or a winky face or something to indicate I'm just being silly.

Although I recently put "LOL" after a joke I made about not telling my hubby how much I spend on scrapbook supplies and I still got harrassed.
Luckily only one person took it the wrong way, while everyone else in the thread knew I was JK and were even kind enuff to defend me.

I remember this forum topic. It did get out of hand because of someone's personal view.

.....and I did come to defend you too

Yes I remember! And again I thank you!

Edited by Doreena on 08-30-12 12:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to pamela.tx

• pamela.tx Said:
  • Doreena Said:
Maybe this is too "new generation" (for lack of a better term), but personally if I am making a joke I always put "LOL" or "JK" or a winky face or something to indicate I'm just being silly.

Although I recently put "LOL" after a joke I made about not telling my hubby how much I spend on scrapbook supplies and I still got harrassed.
Luckily only one person took it the wrong way, while everyone else in the thread knew I was JK and were even kind enuff to defend me.

I remember this forum topic. It did get out of hand because of someone's personal view.

I realise I clearly don't come on here enough any more.....apart from the Ground Zero thread I've missed all this recent snarkiness.

I have seen a few blunt comments from time to time but I have also seen some folk get incredibly upset simply from differing opinions being voiced. Discussion is good, a respectfully worded disagreement is good for learning and for being shown another way of viewing a subject....and that can get heated sometimes naturally.

I don't like to see new folk snapped at though - what's obvious now to the regulars wasn't in the beginning and it's easy to forget that.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Lunareclipse

• Lunareclipse Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • Lunareclipse Said:
I'm new and I haven't felt verbally abused or left out. Not yet anyway. I must not have asked the wrong questions yet. I have a question, does this striped paper make my butt look fat?

no, it doesn't, but the polka dot ribbons that you're wearing are washing you out.

Next time go plaid!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • Lunareclipse Said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I am glad someone could say it!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • Lunareclipse Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • Lunareclipse Said:

Next time go plaid!

Plaid, isn't that what golfers wear?

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • pamela.tx Said:
  • Doreena Said:

Yes I remember! And again I thank you!

You're very welcome I just love the smilies

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

You are all so out of the loop and lame. Mis-matched is in. Wear one striped sock and one polka-dot sock with plaid shorts.

DUH!!!!!

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to scrappercaz

• scrappercaz Said:
  • pamela.tx Said:
  • Doreena Said:

I realise I clearly don't come on here enough any more.....apart from the Ground Zero thread I've missed all this recent snarkiness.

I have seen a few blunt comments from time to time but I have also seen some folk get incredibly upset simply from differing opinions being voiced. Discussion is good, a respectfully worded disagreement is good for learning and for being shown another way of viewing a subject....and that can get heated sometimes naturally.

I don't like to see new folk snapped at though - what's obvious now to the regulars wasn't in the beginning and it's easy to forget that.

I do remember the Ground Zero topic. It did get expanded quickly. I steered clear away from that topic.

BTW, I love your signature about immaculate homes.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Ooops, I forgot the LOL

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
You are all so out of the loop and lame. Mis-matched is in. Wear one striped sock and one polka-dot sock with plaid shorts.

DUH!!!!!

That's what my kids do (No Joke)

....and they have to be neon colored too

Edited by pamela.tx on 08-30-12 12:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pamela.tx

I know, I see the mis-matched sock thing is in. I don't think I could get away with it at work though. It would make laundry so much easier though.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:

DUH!!!!!

I could just run around with just one sock.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to pamela.tx

• pamela.tx Said:
  • pugs223 Said:

DUH!!!!!

That's what my kids do (No Joke)

....and they have to be neon colored too

My 4 year old does this too! She refuses to wear matching socks. She says they aren't that colorful. I tell her she wants to be careful with the wacky clothes or she'll turn into a clown.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• Lunareclipse Said:
  • pugs223 Said:

DUH!!!!!

I could just run around with just one sock.

Wouldn't that be as silly as putting only 1 picture on a LO?

(disclaimer: just bringing it around again friends. Although not my style, I think 1 pic LOs are gorgeous)

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to pamela.tx

• pamela.tx Said:
  • scrappercaz Said:
  • pamela.tx Said:
  • Doreena Said:

I do remember the Ground Zero topic. It did get expanded quickly. I steered clear away from that topic.

BTW, I love your signature about immaculate homes.

Thank you

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappercaz Said:

for being shown another way of viewing a subject....and that can get heated sometimes naturally.

I think we all need to remember that strong reactions don't always happen because someone is mean or looking to pick a fight. It's too easy to just call someone who has a strong reaction a troll or meanspirited around here because we're all just data in a computer somewhere. We're isolated from each other because this is a global site and we interact via the written word by computer. We think we know each other because we post in the same sub forums or the same threads, we don't really, not most of us anyway, because there's stuff we don't share here because it's not for public knowledge. Sometimes what seems like an attack is just traumatic pain that has been triggered by something that has been posted here.

I personally really don't find joking about hiding things from your spouse funny because I had a spouse hide things from me and it had horrible results on our marriage. It's a trigger point for me. There's been one or two times when I was really bothered by the hiding joke because a) someone didn't use emoticons which do help convey tone around here and b) despite explanations from several people, no one seemed to understand how it feels because they had no frame of reference for how the situation feels.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx

I have a layout in the works with neon colors and animal prints....that should be interesting... for the kiddos

.....and I can't forget the mustaches too

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

My 11 yr old son walks around the house with just 1 sock on. I don't get it. lmao

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

[quote=Lunareclipse][quot e=moxiegirl23][quote=Luna reclipse][quote=moxiegirl 23][quote=Lunareclipse]I' m new and I haven't felt verbally abused or left out. Not yet anyway. I must not have asked the wrong questions yet. I have a question, does this striped paper make my butt look fat?
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Next time go plaid!

[/quote]
Plaid, isn't that what golfers wear?
[/quote]

Scots were plaid, too.

Page 3 of 22 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics