Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Christmas Gift Ideas?        (Topic#1580217)
ilovenick
Diva
ilovenick

Ok, so I searched for a thread on this already- didn't find a recent one...

Who's working on Christmas gifts? What are you making that's scrappy for family members? What great ideas for gifts have you seen?? Let's get some ideas going...

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ilovenick

This isn't scrappy, but is something I discovered through this board last year - glitter-filled ornaments.

Glitter-Filled Glass Ball Ornaments By Aquabunny

I'm considering bundling some of those with rice-and-lavender-filled heating pads, homemade sugar scrub, and a few blank handmade cards in gift baskets for that kind of gift recipient that's hard to know what they want.

I may make a mini-album for a friend who admires my work, but probably nothing scrappy other than that. The only exception would be if I make some wall art for my mom's craft room - she keeps saying she wants some like mine, but I need to figure out more specifics.

Scraproom Wall Art #1 By Aquabunny

Scraproom Wall Art #2 By Aquabunny

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to aquabunny

Here's the link to another thread and there is lots of good ideas in it.
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/13858...

ilovenick
Diva
ilovenick
In response to flintridgescrapper

Thanks for the link- looking for new ideas too

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to ilovenick

I saw a picture somewhere of a paper wreath made from pinwheels. It was cute.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to t-scraps

I'm making a flip calendar for my MIL. It's really turning out cute!

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to CommaHolly

I am dying to make paper rosettes as Christmas tree ornaments and/or magnets.

A little off topic: I go to scrap retreat twice a year and the organizer provides goodie "bags" (in April they were baskets) that people can add to if they want. Scrapbook related or not. I am going to make smaller rosettes bundled together for embellishments. I was so pumped when I realized I should do this. I just did candy last time and I thought it was silly.

Back to topic:
I am making sets of cards for my Step-MIL (MIL passed away in 2005). And still crafty, I am making her and my FIL an afghan.

I haven't really decided on anything else. It's going to be hard(er) this year because we only have one income now.

Sharon Leigh
Veteran
Sharon Leigh
In response to MrsD2008

I am making mini books and explosion boxes for the first time. I am especially loving the boxes. They are fun and not as hard as I expected. I am making them for my sister and nieces for Christmas. Today i went to HL for more supplies and plan to work on them this 3 day weekend while all the rain comes in.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Sharon Leigh

I cross stitched all of my gift tags this year. Most of them are already done. I need to work on some ornaments now.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Lunareclipse

one thing I am making is some Coasters made out of pattern paper & cork circles or squares that were in an email by Martha. I plan on making golf ones for my son.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to anda11

How about a box of handmade cards? I got some really cute boxes on sale in J's..then made a variety of cards for my MIL. She LOVED it

Box of cards By DittoBabyGirl

Or you can make a mini gift card book. I made one for each of my boys one Christmas and filled them with different gift cards

Mini Gift Card Book-AMC Patrick By DittoBabyGirl

Little bags of Snowman/Reindeer poop

Snowman/Reindeer Poop By DittoBabyGirl

I also found and made clear glass ornaments with curled up paper inside. You can find those on Google

Expert
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I really like that mini gift card book.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to deedee49

i need some ideas i am all out

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to southern lady

I'm making these ceramic tile coasters for a few people for Christmas. They're not scrapbook related but they are made with scrapbook paper.

Sandy Ang
Veteran
Sandy Ang
In response to Judy_Scraps

if you're interested in wreaths, i have a tutorial for this origami one on my blog
http://angsandy.blogspot.sg/2011/12/origami-wreath -tuto...

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Sandy Ang

Love the gift card mini book idea!
And that wreath is beautiful!
No great ideas here....I'm making my Christmas cards and will do a paper chain for the tree this year. Last year I did a "cookbook" for my niece going away to university. I put in some of my favourite recipes and then left some blank spots for her to add her own....

Alison

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to kiyawinn

thoes are all cute

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Here is a pic of t he cork coasters I am making with the instructions. They are so cool. I am going to make golf themed ones for my son & dh. I may make some for my dd too.
cork coasters

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to DittoBabyGirl

• DittoBabyGirl Said:
How about a box of handmade cards? I got some really cute boxes on sale in J's..then made a variety of cards for my MIL. She LOVED it

Box of cards By DittoBabyGirl

Or you can make a mini gift card book. I made one for each of my boys one Christmas and filled them with different gift cards

Mini Gift Card Book-AMC Patrick By DittoBabyGirl

Little bags of Snowman/Reindeer poop

Snowman/Reindeer Poop By DittoBabyGirl

I also found and made clear glass ornaments with curled up paper inside. You can find those on Google

Those cards are so cool. I can see why she loved them.

Expert
In response to Judy_Scraps

• Judy_Scraps Said:
I'm making these ceramic tile coasters for a few people for Christmas. They're not scrapbook related but they are made with scrapbook paper.

I made those coasters for Christmas gifts last year and everyone loved them! Plus they are very easy to make!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics