Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Title Pages        (Topic#1580223)
rockmom
Governor
rockmom

I am looking for suggestions and ideas for opening pages for my scrapbooks. I'd like to make title pages and table of content pages. Does anyone else do this? If so, I'd love to see examples.

I think I want to include who made the scrapbook, the year it was made, the topic of the album and the titles of each page and what it is about.

Show me your opening pages please!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-30-12 11:26 AM
In response to rockmom

Nice idea, I'd like to see more examples, too. I don't do albums per se, but I like to do title pages or 'opening pages' when I do a series of LOs:

This is just a 5-page series of lots of photos, I put a word title on the second page but I liked just this one big image for the opening:
Conservatory of Flowers, page 1: Fence By Stick

Another big photo - it wasn't a great photo to begin with, but I ran it through a few things in Photoshop, has it printed 12x12, and added a purchased die-cut on top.
Vegas - front By Stick

This has 12-14 pages or so of a vacation, I got this map paper of the area and just added snippets of things we saw and did:
Minnesota 2000 Title Page By Stick

And this was an album for my MIL of a year in her life - no journalling (hoping she'll want to add some of her own), just photos and embellies. This is the beginning of the year and the beginning of their journey, flying away to Europe:
Marilyn - page 1 By Stick

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to rockmom

I don't really do an album title page with all the info that you put, mainly because so far my albums are ongoing, so the title page would have to be the last thing I did since I don't know what's going to be in it. Which would be OK, but I only have a couple of albums going and I already have a title page for them :>)

As far as who did the album, etc., I buy the little metal frames and make a paper to go inside it, with my name, year started and any special comments I want to make. i.e. I made a grad album for my granddaughter, so I put some special thots for her in this frame. (She has the album & I don't have a picture.) I also put a note about from whose viewpoint the book is made...her album is from me to her, so when I say "you" in journaling in my DGD's album, it refers to her. If I say "I" or "me", it's referring to me. Journaling can get tricky otherwise. I adhere the frame to the inside of the front cover.

What I'm planning to do, but haven't done yet, is make a final page for the end of the book, listing each person found in the book with a small thumbnail picture, dob/dod, where they live, relationship, & any other pertinent info so 100 years from now, people will know who the people in the book are, but I don't have to explain each person on every LO.

I'm anxious to see what examples you get. I'm always looking for other ways to do my albums~Judy

001 Tahoe Trips Title Page By Mrsdriver5[/image]

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to mrsdriver5

Thanks Stick for your examples. Where do you get 12X12 photos printed at?

Judy,those metal frames are awesome! I like the idea of the the inside cover too. Very nice.

I usually do a lot of journaling on the back of each LO. If the LO doesn't give details I do add it the back of the LO. Thing is I wanted to add the info to each album that lists each LO and what its about. Yes, it has to be the last LO so I have been leaving the first page protector empty so I can add a title page and table of content. I've only made one title page so far and no table of contents yet. I need to get busy and make more but thought I might get some inspiration here.

Here is the ONE I have completed:

TEXAS By Rockmom

I'd really love to see more ideas. Keep them coming, please.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-30-12 11:48 AM

MrsDriver - I'm pretty sure I have that EXACT same photo, the one at the top of your LO

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I don't do them in quite the detail you describe. But the first page of my travel albums typically tells where and when the vacation was. I often sign my name in the inside from or back cover of an album.

I also do title pages for individual years, even if that year isn't starting off an album, just as sort of a divider, where I list the year, the highlights of the year, and maybe a few pictures or memorabilia (of either things too minor to make a page for, like tickets to a museum that I didn't otherwise scrap, or things so big they got their own album AND a page or two in my regular album). Since I started doing it, it has been the last page I do every year, typically done on December 31. For example, my 2010 title page has two pictures from a trip to Hawaii that year, as well as a pair of tickets to a basketball game that was fun but not really worth scrapping independently, and journaling about the new job I started that year. 2011 has background paper that says "Thirty" all over it, since we both turned 30 that year, along with a professional photo of the two of us taken that year, two movie ticket stubs with journaling explaining the circumstances that took us to the movie theater for the first time in about five years, and shingle color samples from when we had to have our roof redone that summer. The past two years, I've also included that year's tally for completed scrapbook pages.

Once, I did the thing where I catalogued who appeared on each page of the album, but that was for a trip to Great Britain back in 2001 with a bunch of classmates whose names I wasn't likely to remember for more than a few years. It's just the page number, the title, and a list of people appearing on that page (possibly broken down by individual photos, but not likely).

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to aquabunny

I realize I am one of the few that plan on doing the detail I describe but as my purpose is to preserve the family's history in these albums and not just a hobby for creative outlet. Its that too, but the main purpose is to tell a story.

Sometimes I don't add the info on the front of each page for creative reasons and wanted a way for people looking at the album to know what each page is without having to take it out of the page protector.

I thought the table of contents would work. I also thought I can't be the only one doing this...

Aquabunny do you have those pages in your gallery you could share here? That would be great.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-30-12 12:52 PM
In response to rockmom

Rockmom, I print 12x12 at Costco but I know you can get them done at other places, too. I can't remember all the places people have mentioned, but there are a handful of threads in the digi forum if you're really interested.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to stick

Ok, thanks stick. I'll check other places.

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to rockmom

I generally scrap themed albums, so I do title pages most of the time. Honestly, I find them REALLY hard to do. I have one now that I have redone twice and I still don't like it. I'm letting it lay (lie?) until I can figure something out for it. I think what I am missing is an actual photo. Once I have one, I think the whole page will look neater. The trouble is finding just one or two pictures! Haha. Maybe if it is sunny out this weekend and I'm not too busy I will upload some of my title pages and post there here. But, here's one for now.

Mr. & Mrs. By MrsD2008

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to stick

Stick—I probably have 15 or 20 of those same pictures.lol Well, not exactly the same since some have snow and ice in them, but it seems like we stop at the same viewpoint on every trip and if we stop...or slow down...a picture is going to be taken!

The metal frames I referenced I've picked up at Mike's at clearance prices. At my 3 local Mike's, they're hanging across from the TH & MS displays.

Denise—I like your idea for a TofC. I just haven't done it... Would you put tabs on your pages for numbering? If I were doing it, I guess I'd do a fancy get-attention/draw-the-vi ewer-in title page, then do the ToC on the following page. JMHO

For my Tahoe Trips album, I also do title pages for the individual trips. All of my pages uploaded wonky in my gallery, but I have them numbered so they can be seen in the right order. I have my album title page, then a couple introductory pages, then the title page for our first trip.

004 Map and Info of Our Tahoe Trip By Mrsdriver5

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

I need to upload the next two trips that I have done sometime, but each one has its own title page.

On the back of each LO I sign my name and the date I completed the LO. Often I also put supplies I've used and if I were to scraplift, I'd put their name for future reference...but I always sign and date...except for a couple of times when I used both sides of the cs~

For the index that I'm planning to do in the back of the album, I've considered putting page numbers by the names for where those people can be found, but so far most of mine is close family/friends and they show up over and over. I just want the genealogical info. available for future generations~Judy

rockmom
Governor
rockmom

I hope you get time to take and upload photos MrsD2008.

Judy, that is a great page. I do something similar after each year's vacation.

1965 family vacation By Rockmom

I am going to add an opening page for each year too. Just haven't done it yet.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to rockmom

My albums are chronological. My first page is Happy New Year!

I would like to a start adding a table of contents (layout tiles/names) to the outside spine area of my albums. Now I only put the year. It would be great to see at a glance events from the past listed.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-30-12 02:03 PM

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Would you put tabs on your pages for numbering?

I really like this idea, and not just because I'm itching to use the MFT mini-tabs dies I got recently

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to stick

• stick Said:
  • mrsdriver5 Said:
Would you put tabs on your pages for numbering?

I really like this idea, and not just because I'm itching to use the MFT mini-tabs dies I got recently

I had not considered using tabs or numbering, rather just listing the LOs in order.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to rockmom

I do cover pages for my son's albums...I don't list every layout as I feel the individual journalling speaks for itself, but I do write a letter to my son about the year, things I want to tell him etc...

Here's an example....
i love being your mom By Kiyawinn

Alison

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to kiyawinn

Alison, that is a wonderful letter and LO. I love the idea. Sadly, its too late for me to do, my kids are all grown. If I was a young mother again I'd for sure consider doing this.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to rockmom

Thank you!
You can still do something similar for your albums if that's what you like....write a note about what's in that album, your thoughts and feelings about that year or that trip or whatever the album is!
Write a letter about where you went, why you went, who was there, your favourite memory etc, etc.....
I love telling stories and that is the main reason that I am doing these albums now, for my son, for the future, that he has his family history, but all my albums are not about him and I like doing the cover letter in each of my albums.......

Alison

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to kiyawinn

Alison, since I have been doing my childhood vacations recently I have been writing a story about each vacation and including it on that vacation's concluding 2-page LO. See my Family Vacation 1965 above. That one was writen by my grandmother but most are done by me.

I just love your letter to your son and find it very heartwarming and meaningful. Thanks for the idea. I just might do this for my grandkids!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Anyone else?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics