Page 1 of 9 
Username Post: September Budget Challenge        (Topic#1580225)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Welcome to the September BUDGET Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of September that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

Note: I have already listed the players from last month - but please feel free to join in at any time!

Vivian
Budget:
Wish:
Twist:

Pat
Budget: Not a single dime - what about multiple dimes or even dollars?
Wish List:
Twist:

Tammy
Budget: $150-$24=126-75=$51
WISH: Stuff for Thanksgiving cards, Nikki Sivills It's Raining It's Pouring,
TWIST:

Courtney
Budget $200-$139=$61
Wishlist: Carta Bella All Hallows Eve, October Afternoon Woodland Park, Simple Stories Harvest Lane and handmade holiday, Websters Once UPon a Halloween and Park Drive, Prima: Shabby Chic iron gate, crystal flower centers, wooden typewriters, mini swirls (in every color), white prima edging chalk, wooden envelopes, Romance novel flowers, Cherise Taos flowers, white flowers with bling centers, websters pages stickers, fab scraps chpboard, fab scraps tags, all hallows eve chippies....
Twist: no more embellies!

Sonja
Budget: $80
Wishlist: D-ring albums, hanging flip-frame from M's, 12x12 frame, Doodlebug 'Snips & Snails', Bella Blvd 'Birthday Boy', Simple Stories 'Take a Hike', Fancy Pants 'Little Sport', Faber-Castel watercolor pencils, Sew Easy 'Stars' and 'loops' attachment, SOD paper/embellies, chipboard, MME 'Sunshine',
Twist: Absolutely NO more baby papers!!! No other paper (except SOD order)!! No Cricut Carts! And NOOO flowers! YEAH RIGHT!!!

Alissa
BUDGET: $50
WISH: album, CH dividers, trimmer blades, CW brick template
TWIST: rub ons, flowers, brads

Tina
Budget $50+Scrapfest
Wish Impulse items
Twist nothing full price, unless from from our everything for a $1 store

Katie
Budget:$250-12=$238-$8=$2 30
Wish: Smash Book
Twist:

Kelly
Budget: $150-$35=$115-$7=$108
Wish: SU Everything Eleanor, SU Fine Feathers, SU Language of Friendship, SU Open Sea, SU Bird Punch, SU Boho Blossoms, Kaisercraft Timeless Die Cuts-Icons, Kaisercraft Sears & Son PP, White Signo pen, Prima Resin Fairies, Prima Typo Bulbs, TH Odds & Ends Stamp set
Twist: flowers, leaves, bling,ribbon, embellishments other than what is listed above Oh I missed the leaves being here - really 2 months in a row hmmm I am impressed

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 09-11-12 09:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Scrapfest is in September and I give myself an unlimited budget there. I spend birthday money and $ from my vacation budget...so I need to think about my impulse buying budget for the rest of the month.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to tinadn

I be in this month, he he he. Scrapfest here I come!

Tina, I got myself $25 gift cards for each day I was at Scrapfest last year in an attempt to keep my spending in control. I *think* it worked. At least I whipped out the gift cards instead of the credit card and was aware of my dwindling $.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to kdinsmore

$25 wouldn't get me through the first booth at Expo, Katie... you must have the control of a shaman!

I want Tina's Scrapfest budget! Alas, mine is dropping significantly this month... I am including my $30 SOD gift card, but not sure if I'll use it. Depends on what goodies Mel adds this month when she comes back from vacation...

Budget: $80
Wishlist: D-ring albums, hanging flip-frame from M's, 12x12 frame, Doodlebug 'Snips & Snails', Bella Blvd 'Birthday Boy', Simple Stories 'Take a Hike', Fancy Pants 'Little Sport', Faber-Castel watercolor pencils, Sew Easy 'Stars' and 'loops' attachment, SOD paper/embellies, chipboard, MME 'Sunshine',
Twist: Absolutely NO more baby papers!!! No other paper (except SOD order)!! No Cricut Carts! And NOOO flowers!

Edited by SonjaC on 08-30-12 05:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

I'm going to Italy next month.

I'm not spending a single dime, I swear to G-d!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Katie I have my birthday money stashed and a rebate card from my cellular company that can be used like cash, but there is no way $25 a day would get me by. I don't live near a A's tho and go crazy when I hit one. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Hot Spot too. That is where I do the most damage. My husband spends W A Y more to fish in Canada than I do at Scrapfest so we have an understanding-LOL

Italy how exciting Pat!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

yes Italy sounds very exciting - I can't believe it is almost here!

Tina love just let me know what you want your impulse budget to be

Okay so just so you guys know I often leave little love notes in the first post for you all (wasn't sure if you ever realized that or not)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Im here this month Need to sit and think on a budget!! LOL and more on my wish list...heading to Kelly's on Saturday so I am sure to start the month off with a bang!! lol

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to newtoscrapping2011

No. Not a dime.

I'm playing Sonja's Hoarders challenge this month. That should keep my budget in the clear!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

if you managed that this month - the month after you get back from Italy I will personally give you freebie spending for everything for your Italy layouts!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

OK! You are ON!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Pat, I'm jealous. I know I spent a month of vacation in the Med. this year, but I'd go back in a minute.

I'm in again for this month. Need to think about my budget. I just placed an order at SB.com yesterday, and it arrived today! Talk about a speedy shipment. Hopefully there are enough goodies in the box to keep my budget low. I'm going on vacation mid October, so need to save my pennies.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

BUDGET: $50
WISH: album, CH dividers, trimmer blades, CW brick template
TWIST: rub ons, flowers, brads

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to runzalot81

Budget $50+Scrapfest
Wish Impulse items
Twist nothing full price, unless from from our everything for a $1 store

Alissa you are so disciplined counting blades.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

They're getting more expensive!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to runzalot81

So my previous post didn't post, so I'm taking a 2nd stab at it.

Tina- The $25 worked well last year, but I had 3 A's near by me. I think I'm going to have to increase that this year. All the classes I wanted to take are full, so it wasn't meant to be. I don't remember if I posted that already or not.

I didn't get to shop yesterday, so I'm going to carry the $47 from last month into September and come up with a new wish list.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to kdinsmore

It's a bummer you couldn't get into the classes you wanted. Many filled up the first hour tho.
What was your first choice??

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Pat, I'm jealous. I know I spent a month of vacation in the Med. this year, but I'd go back in a minute.

I'm in again for this month. Need to think about my budget. I just placed an order at SB.com yesterday, and it arrived today! Talk about a speedy shipment. Hopefully there are enough goodies in the box to keep my budget low. I'm going on vacation mid October, so need to save my pennies.

Well my dear the same offer to you - if you go a month with no spending before your vacation, when you get back you can have a free month for vacation related scrappy spending (and for anyone else).

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

HMMM ok that means i can't spend in october LOL...dont see that happening

SO, I went to see Kelly and well threw money up all over her studio LMAO!!

Budget $200
Wishlist: Carta Bella All Hallows Eve, October Afternoon Woodland Park, Simple Stories Harvest Lane and handmade holiday, Websters Once UPon a Halloween and Park Drive, Prima: Shabby Chic iron gate, crystal flower centers, wooden typewriters, mini swirls (in every color), white prima edging chalk, wooden envelopes, Romance novel flowers, Cherise Taos flowers, white flowers with bling centers, websters pages stickers, fab scraps chpboard, fab scraps tags, all hallows eve chippies....
Twist: no more embellies!

By the way..you can cross of my entire wish list cuz thats what I bought yesterday LOL and take off $139 of my budget..OUCH!! I am going to try and be good, but there are some new collections coming in :/

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to newtoscrapping2011

I went to M's yesterday and spent $12, on $8 photo boxes and the last $4 was on feathers and some other stuff. The bags are in the car. I was really tempted by the French General paper collection, but I realized how much paper I had and didn't need more. The pps were $1.50 and the embellies were $2-5.

There's a 50% coupon at M's and I really want a SMASH book. Now, to convince DH. I'm also thinking about making a run to A's. So much to do before we head back home! I'll be back in less than 2 weeks for Scrapfest though.

I'm thinking that my budget this month will be $250, just to be on the safe side.

Tina, I wanted to take the A's classes, and 2 or 3 other classes, but I don't remember what they were. I still have my projects from last year's classes that aren't finished, so it's okay that I didn't get it to any this year.

Page 1 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics