Page 1 of 33 
Username Post: September Photo FUn        (Topic#1580245)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO SEPTEMBER 2012 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 1 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to add a clickable image to your post.
1. Pull up the image you wish to share.
2. To the left of your screen about at the bottom of your image you will see "LINK/EMBED IMAGE". It's just below the Facebook, Twitter, & Pin it buttons. Click the link.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Left click on the copy & paste code box..it will turn blue. Right click on it to paste.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code.

End Of Month Photo Contest

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.
*End of Month photo contest entry deadline: September 29th by 6pm EST (I will post poll the evening of the 29th)

GO & HAVE FUN!!

Challenges you want, challenges you get-these are just for fun - no obligation! Use these 10 prompts to inspire your photos in any way you see fit. There are no right or wrong ideas.

September Minis:

1 - Leaf
2 - I don't leave home without....
3 - Labor of love
4 - Hidden
5 - Weathered
6 - Signs of Fall
7 - One
8 - Rain or moving water
9 - Change
10 - My buddy

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

I`m in again!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Lenethren

Hi i'm back. This month is my one year anniversary with the group. Thanks everyone for inspiring me to take photos of things other than Little Miss G!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to MissaOnTheRun

I"m back again!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to KristaDee

OK, where's the pen, I'm signing up!!!!!

Love the mini's.....

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Linnny

BTW, is there a way to delete more than one 'subscribed topic' at a time. I have a zillion (ok, i'm embellishing here at bit) and it's a PITA to delete one at a time.

Thanks and nighty nite

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

I am in again. Hope I can finish this time w/o computer grimlins or life getting in the way!

sasload4
Mayor
sasload4
In response to 2xblessed

I'm in again!!

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to sasload4

I'm here

Lori~Did you just change it to 10 photos a month or have I been oblivious for a really long time? Wasn't it 15?

....no extra comments necessary on the "oblivious" thing ladies

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to WeeFaerie

Good morning!

Debi, I think August was the first month that it was changed to 10 photos.

I couldn't even get in 10 photos much less 15 last month. I hope September will be better.

We are expecting 3-5 inches of rain this weekend.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Anna C

10 photos? hmmm, Debi, I don't think you were the only one to miss that! I could have finished the month with only 10. Guess that's what happens when I don't read the first post and just look for the mini's.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to KristaDee

I'm in again!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Hi all!

Debi...last month was the first for 10 pics. Will be much easier for some to get in.

Krista....you must have had your nose in your table work when I made the announcement change!

Linda...I'm not sure about the topic question. I don't subscribe to any so I'm no help.

Anna....our rain will be here tonight. For my area they are saying 3-4 inches. Up to 7 south of me.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori - pretty sure you are right!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Linda....was that store shooting today near you?

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Idol
MrsCDJ

I am in need of getting my creative juices flowing and this looks like a good place to start!! I want in please

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to MrsCDJ

Hi Crystal, welcome!!!!

Lori, the shooting was in NJ, we're in NY. But it's weird when stuff happens where you've been. When we drive to New Hope PA we usually stop in this shopping center.

Last week a guy snapped and shot and killed his former co-worker at the Empire State Building. The police shot the perp and in so doing also shot 3 bystanders and an additional 6 received shrapnel(sp).

Scarey world.....

May you all have a safe holiday weekend. Not sure how Labor Day got here this quickly. Feel like I just put my winter clothes away. Oh wait, I did....okay so dh is not a saint all the time....we're not always on the same page!!!!!!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Linnny

I have to try reading what I write before adding posts! lol The crow is actually named Lucky, not that Missa isn`t a nice name, but I have no idea if my crow is a male or female. As it is nearly impossible to tell the sex in crows I needed a nuetral name and that bird is lucky I found it so Lucky it is. He/she is still holding their wing funny. I wonder how long a sprain takes to heal? Or maybe the volunteer at the rehabilitation place got it wrong and perhaps it is more serious like a fracture. Anyways, I let Lucky loose in the house while I clean the kennel but he/she refuses to stretch that wing and hops everywhere instead. Interesting to note that Lucky will not eat grapes but will play with them until they are mushed.

Hope everyone has a good day!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Lenethren

LOL Dyana! I think I'll still think of Lucky as "Missa" secretly!

Welcome Crystal!

Hanging out for a bit then it's acceleration time for U. I'm thinking about laying down for a minute....been doing busy stuff today...running errands & paperwork!

Page 1 of 33 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics