Page 4 of 26 
Username Post: September New Layouts        (Topic#1580263)
DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

Just poppin in to drop these 2 off

I used my Cricut Imagine for the images. You can't tell from the pics but the images are layered...I used foam squares to pop them out. And the white oval behind the snowman is embossed. I prepared them ahead of time and assembled them at work yesterday

Snowman Card 2012 By DittoBabyGirl

Snowflake Card 2012 By DittoBabyGirl

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Anna, I cut the ones that were glued into old albums. Scanned and printed. The ones in those old "Magnetic" albums I used dental floss to get off the pages and most of my really old ones were not glued in, just loose.

When I spent the summer taking care of my dad last summer I went through all their albums and put them in acid free albums with acid free CS and page protectors with acid free photo mount squares. They store them in a finished room on bookchelves in their basement because they have had three tornadoes come across their property in the 12 years they have been there. Some of the stuff was in boxes on the floor in the unfinished part and I got those out and "saved" them from all the damp. Those boxes had been in my Great Great grandfather's house in the attic that was leacking. WHen his great uncle died dad brought them home and left them in his basement on the floor. Now they are protected either on their shelves or I brough them home with me.

My mother-in-law had some of her's adhered to those old black page albums with rubber cement. ACK! the pages and the glue were so brittle. I tore them out of the albums, removed as much of the rubber cement as possible by rubbing carefully on the back of the photo and then I scanned the photos. I don't know if the originals will survive but at least they have been scanned and saved digitally.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-04-12 08:33 AM
In response to rockmom

Good morning everyone! I'm not new to the site, but I'm new to this forum. I usually hang out over in the General Forum but I wanted to branch out and see what else we have going on.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Vae

another one from me:

Lake Athapapuskow By Rockmom

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Hi Jarvae, and welcome to the Sept. New LOs thread.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-04-12 08:52 AM
In response to rockmom

Thanks Denise!

I have just been going through looking at the wonderful LOs here. Is there a theme or do we just post whatever we have been working on this month?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-04-12 08:58 AM
In response to rockmom

I have just started my wedding album. I travel a lot for work so I don't always have a lot of time to scrap, but when I do it's usually in short spurts.

Here are the 5 LOs I have done so far:

Bride By Jarvae

Invitation 1 By Jarvae

Invitation 2 By Jarvae

Getting Ready By Jarvae

Sparkle By Jarvae

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Vae

Yes, just post the LOs you do this month. The rules are on the first page - basicly its just leave love on everyones' and we will leave love on yours. There is a limit on the number of LOs per post but no limit on the number of posts. Just makes it easier for us with limited time to leave love. If we can only get to one page at a time it makes it less overwhelming.

Chat as much or as little as you like/can. Some of us do a lot of chatting and others just when they can.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to rockmom

Hi ladies long time no see haven't been very creative in a while but I thought I would share my latest creation with you all

Kissy Face By Charisma3103

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Hi Jarvae! Welcome to our thread! Like Denise pointed out…just check out the main page to read our intro. No dump and drops lol. We tend to get a bit chatty…but most of us have been on here awhile (how long HAS it been??) You’ll see we are very friendly-no cattiness on this thread! Basically-leave love and get love in return. There’s no theme, no contest, no prize. There is a sketch posted on the front page…try it if you like but it’s not required. We also take turns hosting each month (this month is my turn)If you'd ever like to host just say so

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to DittoBabyGirl

welcome back Janie!! Good to see you again

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Anna is the border punch Elegant Edges a Martha Stewart punch?

Heads up paper scrappers: I got a free little ink pad and 5 very small rubber stamps today at Michaels for buying scrap stuff!!

bb.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Anna most of the photos were loose. My dad made a scrapbook when he was in the service..yes he did...photos neatly arranged and funny journaling...anyway they were held down with those black photo corners..so really I never had to try to lift anything...but I would try your Cricut spatula thingy if you have one....I've lifted photos out of my old 1970s clingy albums with that and it worked...some of the photo paper stuck to that sticky page but the pics mostly came up. Can you scan the whole page of photos? then crop?
Good luck!

Hi peeps!

Dh went dove hunting with friends day before yesterday and yesterday Vicki, dd1, made a pie from them...she used recipes from her new Game of Thrones recipe book. If you haven't seen or read Game of Thrones..it is a fantasy fiction about different families trying to claim a kingdom...if you had to date it it would take place during the 1300-1400s...I would guess..maybe earlier...anyway the recipes in this book would be from around that time. This pie was delicious....dove breasts and mushrooms and radishes and chicken stock and butter and mace...never even heard of mace...but boy was the flavor excellent. And she is a whiz a pie crusts...my mother made the best crusts...in fact friends would ask her to make pie crusts for them.....obviously that talent skipped a generation.

ok done talking and braggin'

Donna when do you leave for your cruise. I'm excited for you.

Wow Kim.....don't know how you do that....not watch tv...but good for you though.

You all better now Cheryl? Foiled plans....lol thinking the game was today...sounds like something I would do.

Oh oh Swirlydoos kit just arrived....it's wonderful...off to scrap!!

I'm still talkin'

'kay bye

PS...I didn't even see the last page....so welcome back Janie..I see you got your creativity back...

and Welcome aboard Jarvae! Hope you'll like it here.

Edited by dollscrap on 09-04-12 11:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to dollscrap

ENABLER ALERT
The new Graphic 45 lines, Bird Song and Nutcracker Sweet are now in the store here!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-04-12 12:19 PM
In response to dollscrap

Thanks! Yep, I read the first page. I scrap pretty slowly so I don't think I'll have to worry about posting more than 5. ever. LOL!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I took today off, so that I'd have a 5 day weekend to scrap. I managed to scrap on the first 2 days. Today has been challenging to stay focused. OR should I say, GET focused.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Vae

2 Carefree Children By Scrappin 2

this is one I did for the black and white challenge on Rockin' scrappin' Grams

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Welcome Jarvae

Hi Janie, nice to see you and your lo

Busy day, but I did get a lo done.

Donna I'm excited for you! Can't remember which island you are going to.

I was lucky that when my aunt put together my dad's album with high school and Marine pictures that most were put in with photo corners. I have started doing that on important or really good photos.

I once tried running dental floss under some pictures. Sometimes it worked and sometimes not.
Good Luck Anna.

Jeannie- the Game of thrones sounds interesting. I love pie!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Welcome to Jarvae!!!

Nice to see you back Janie!!!

I am all caught up to here. I am tired and got off late due to a late admission that I stayed to finish up before leaving. I am off the next 2 days and will be more chatty!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Welcome, Jarvae! This is a fun thread and I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!
Janie!! Welcome back!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Scrapkaty

G'morning!

I leave on October 11th-girls cruise to Cozemel, Mexico. I'm excited-my hubby is scared that I'm gonna wind up in some deserted alley in Mexico by myself lol. The first time we went there I was facinated with the scenery and wanted to photograph it of course. Not the pretty, touristy areas...but behind all the hoopla-where the people lived. The buildings were old and decrepid...so many awesome images to be captured. Hubby stopped me after a few pictures and dragged me back to the main street.I was not a happy camper...my favorite shots from Mexioco are the ones I took there. Hes ascaird that without him there I'll have no one to protect me lol I had to promise I wouldn't wander into the back alleys

My company is having their art show again this year. Every 2 years they have this big art contest for different types of art..photography being one. This isn't for just my site...but for all our employees. You can submit up to 3 pieces. Time for me to start digging thru my photos. A couple of years ago when my site had a photo contest I won first place I've always stayed "within the wedge" when choosing what to submit. Last year one of the photos that won was of a bunch of bras hanging up outside of a building. Really awesome photo....and out of "the wedge". That widens what I can submit

Gots to run-have a great day!

Page 4 of 26 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics