Username Post: Wedding RSVP cards - layout ideas?        (Topic#1580294)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-31-12 05:06 PM

Hi everyone! I'm struggling with a layout and I would really appreciate some ideas on this. I'm trying to scrap my RSVP cards. Not every single one of them, but I had planned 2 12x12 pages for the RSVPs that I liked best - the ones that had the best song recs or messages, plus the ones from my in-laws, etc.

My cards are about 5.25 x 4".

Thanks in advance!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-31-12 05:09 PM
In response to Vae

By the way, I do like to use the originals. If my house burns down, I know to grab the scrapbooks first and don't want to have to think about grabbing stuff from everywhere so I pretty much always include the originals when I can.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

I scrap my originals too. My scrapbooks are my storage place for my pics & stuff. lol
I was going to say that I do not know why you need help... everything you do is wonderful

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to anda11

I scrap originals to everything. I don't want to see the originals ruined, so I figure they have better survival in the books than in a box.

I used the clear stick on sleeves in myDD wedding book. I put reception pics and staggered them so could get a lot on page. I hope you get what I mean. I'd take a pic, but I'm in Tampa. Getting ready to go to Orlando to downtown Disney and Cirque du Soleil.

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to SherylEb

What about using flip folders some call them flip flaps. You may be able to use all of your RSVP cards then. This example is using a bigger size but it might could just make them to your needed size. I know you use to be able to by these "flaps" by the package but I have not seen them around in a while. Good Luck!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-01-12 12:31 PM
In response to lifethroughalens

Aww thanks Linda I know I'm putting more pressure on myself than usual since this is pretty much the most important album I will ever do.

Shurl, have a great time in Florida!! If I'm still stuck when you get back I'll pester you for a photo

I'm curious about the flip folders. How do they work? I searched for flip folders and "flip flaps" but I didn't find many examples- the one I did see, I couldn't really tell how it works. Thanks so much for your help!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:

I'm curious about the flip folders. How do they work? I searched for flip folders and "flip flaps" but I didn't find many examples- the one I did see, I couldn't really tell how it works. Thanks so much for your help!

What about a photo flip flap album? I have never done it but I found a DIY tutorial, maybe that could give you a better idea. I know is not a LO but something to think about. Here is the link:

DIY Photo Flip Flap

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to Vae

Oh my goodness I forgot to add the link I had saved. I'm so crazy! Here is the tutorial I had saved maybe it will help. I meant to add it to my other post. Sorry!

http://ezscrapbooks.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-use-fl i...

Also CTMH use to actually sell the 4X6 sized ones but I am not sure if they still do.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Aww thanks Linda I know I'm putting more pressure on myself than usual since this is pretty much the most important album I will ever do.

Shurl, have a great time in Florida!! If I'm still stuck when you get back I'll pester you for a photo

Well you are under some stress so it is hard to think sometimes. You are right about it being the most important book & I don't blame you for being worried about it.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to anda11

I found them in the store. Called flip pockets. Look closely at the packaging and you can see them on a page. The adhesive is a line on the top. You just stick them on the page.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-02-12 08:44 AM
In response to SherylEb

I think these will be PERFECT!! I'm going through the tutorials and looking at samples now. Thanks everyone!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics