Username Post: Buttons        (Topic#1580296)
Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

I am trying one of those SWAP mail tiny cards to each other thingy and I picked buttons. In the destructions it clearly states that we have to make sure that everything should be glued down securely. I don't know what glue is the best for secure buttons. Anyone that glues buttons have an answer. I have a glue gun and some Zots and some fabric glue. Are any of those ok or do I have to go out and buy something completely different? I'm sorry if you guys have answered a similar answer, but no matter where I tried to look for best glue for buttons, all I found was best glue for everything else but buttons. So I am sorry before hand.

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to Lunareclipse

I have recently fallen in love with using Glossy Accents as an adhesive too. It is SO good for buttons. But if it is thin paper, it may go through. I had that happen on a project.

Before I was into using the Glossy Accents as an adhesive, I would secure buttons with that tape that is informally called something like red bologna tape. I would fold it over to make it thicker. The tape is sticky on both sides and really powerful. Here it is:
http://store.scrapbook.com/jv-82556.html

But you can get it anywhere by several brands. I have never been disappointed by any brand.

**I just wanted to edit this to add I read my post another time and realized I made it sound like I use Glossy Accents AND the tape. I don't...I just used the tape before I bought my first bottle of Glossy Accents and read it is a good adhesive too!

Edited by ktmracing on 08-31-12 08:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 08-31-12 07:31 PM
In response to ktmracing

Another vote for glossy accents here. I haven't tried the tape though.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Lunie

I love Glue Dots, but Glossy Accents works great, too. AS a bonus, you can also put GA on top of the button and it will give it an "epoxy" look.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Luvmyfam

Yep, Glossy Accents is wonderful. Works as an adhesive and like Jen said, gives things an awesome glossy coat. I like to use it on die cuts, stickers, etc.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to flintridgescrapper

I like being able to adhere them instantly with no drying time. Glue Arts Adhesive Squares are fantastic and the Minis are so stinking small, they're perfect for the teeny tiny buttons or any other tiny embellishment. I've found them to be stronger than Zots and even Glue Dots even though they're thinner.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Here Kitty

Thank you guys! I will go out and pick up some glossy accents next time I go to JoAnn's.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

Here is waht I got done so far. I used Zots on some and foamy double sided sticky junk and some zip glue. If it doesn't hold up ok, I will redo it with glossy glue when I get it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

glossy accents is wonderful glue, but I'd think glue dots/zots would be fine for buttons.

and I'm getting a chuckle out of "foamy double sided sticky junk",,,,,,it's a good name for it,,,I think that's how they should market it,,,,,,"foamy double sided sticky junk."

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
glossy accents is wonderful glue, but I'd think glue dots/zots would be fine for buttons.

and I'm getting a chuckle out of "foamy double sided sticky junk",,,,,,it's a good name for it,,,I think that's how they should market it,,,,,,"foamy double sided sticky junk."

Sorry about that. I was tired last night and couldn't think of the name for anything.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

lol I use plain ole woodglue for about anything I glue. Including buttons and metals. I buy it cheap in a big jar at local disocunt shop and refill small refillable glue tubes with it. Never had a problem with it. I can clue anything from metal to fabric, from flowers to papers. Anything imaginable....

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to TheCharmedOne

That snowman card is amazing!!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to ktmracing

• ktmracing Said:
That snowman card is amazing!!

Thank you. I finished it. I want to keep it now.

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps

I always use Glue Dots or Zots for buttons.

Products Referenced in This Post:

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Judy_Scraps

Glue dots for me too!

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to prittb

I love glue dots - but have also added a little glossy accents as well for double protection!!! CUTE CARD TOO!!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to SmartyPants

Thank you. The last one I made, I cross stitched most of it and I want to keep it sooo bad.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

Here's my button cards. The buttons seem to be staying on ok.
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

I use either glue dots or KI Gloo. I love KI Gloo. That stuff holds practically everything.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics