Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: I hate glitter!        (Topic#1580333)
Expert

Well, no..I don't hate glitter...I love the look of fine glitter, but I just CANT do it!!! Any tips for glittering small areas? I tried to glitter a bow on top of a present...What a mess! Should I just be "adding glitter" in no particular shape>? Is there a technique I'm missing?

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to deedee49

Was the bow already attached to the top of the present, or did you add the glitter before hand?

beebuzz
Diva
beebuzz
In response to m.perk

One word: STICKLES

Expert
In response to m.perk

• m.perk Said:
Was the bow already attached to the top of the present, or did you add the glitter before hand?

The bow was part of a stamped image. I was trying to glitter the bow instead of coloring it.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to deedee49

What are you using for adhesive?

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to deedee49

• deedee49 Said:
  • m.perk Said:

The bow was part of a stamped image. I was trying to glitter the bow instead of coloring it.

OH! Then I second the ONE WORD....STICKLES! They will be your best friend when it comes to small areas you want to sparkle!

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to m.perk

I myself just love anything with glitter. Can someone show a card or LO that they used STICKLES in. Would love to see how it is used before I start ordering every color.

Expert
In response to angie girl

• angie girl Said:
What are you using for adhesive?

Well..the first time I made a mess..I used Martha stewart glitter glue.
This time...I used glossy accents.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to deedee49

If you search for Stickles in the Superstore you can see projects that the product was used on. So, search it, pick a color and scroll down in the window that opens up when you pick a color and it will say "Layouts and Projects using this Product". That is the easiest way to see a variety of ways that people may use Stickles

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to m.perk

• m.perk Said:
If you search for Stickles in the Superstore you can see projects that the product was used on. So, search it, pick a color and scroll down in the window that opens up when you pick a color and it will say "Layouts and Projects using this Product". That is the easiest way to see a variety of ways that people may use Stickles

Thanks for the info...Have shopped on here several times and today was the first time I noticed the projects using the item I was looking at. Learned something new today.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to shortmouse

stickles are the best! i use them on everything.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Lamoo12

There is also a store on here? I guess you do learn something new every day. How do I locate this store?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Lunareclipse

Look at the top and click on the superstore tab. You'll find all kinds of goodies there. If you'll watch at the top, there's different specials everyday. Scrapbook.com usually has the newest and the greatest in scrapbooking supplies.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to shortmouse

• shortmouse Said:
  • m.perk Said:

Thanks for the info...Have shopped on here several times and today was the first time I noticed the projects using the item I was looking at. Learned something new today.

No prob!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk

• Lunareclipse Said:
There is also a store on here? I guess you do learn something new every day. How do I locate this store?

Oh, is there a store! I will warn you though, it can be dangerous!

http://store.scrapbook.com/

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

• Lunareclipse Said:

Watch Out! It's addictive!

I agree, glitter is so hard to work with, stickles is the way to go.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to CrimsonMama

I agree--Stickles are a GREAT way to get the glam of glitter without the mess!

BUT I just recently found out about some super fine white glitter--almost like powder its so fine. I saw someone at a crop using it and it was tooooooo cool. Its called Glitter Ritz.

She had a sheet of scor tape, peeled off one side, then sprinkled the glitter on that. Nothing different, really, we've all done that before, right?! BUT then she took the slick piece of paper she removed from the scor tape, laid it on top and burnished the glitter. She burnished it again with her finger directly on the glitter and I thought it was all going to come off, but no!

Then she took one of those peel off stickers - you know the kind that is only an outline of a shape? Anyway--she put one of those on top of the glitter, and THEN she colored it in with Copic markers!!! She colored on the glitter!! The end result was almost like stained glass. Soooooooo pretty.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to. Might even try it for a challenge I'm in this month.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Kim222

My goodness Kim, this sounds like something worth doing a detail tutorial on. Awesome sounding.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to CrimsonMama

I am not a big fan of glitter either and I especially do not like the Martha stewart glitter glue!

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to prittb

101 Ways to Use Stickles

Products Referenced in This Post:

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics