Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: PRAYERS NEEDED!!!        (Topic#1580373)
Love 2 Learn
Guru
Love 2 Learn

My husband retired 3 years ago, (at age 55) after working a hard labor job for 37 years. We have been doing a lot of remodeling on our house, and just trying to enjoy retirement. Since retiring, he has been exercising & walking 4-5 miles a day to keep himself strong & healthy.

Then all of a sudden,(2 weeks ago) he woke up one morning and couldn't walk (weakness left side of arm & leg and excruciating pain in neck). We thought he might have had a stroke, but after spending a week in the hospital, we found out that he didn't have a stroke, but something worse.

Doctors found a golfball size tumor on his kidney, enlarged lymphnode next to it, cancer lesions throughout his spine from top to bottom, and a cancerous tumor on his colon that has almost squeezed his intestine shut. They are calling it stage 4 cancer.

All were biopsied, and we go to Dr. on Friday to find out whether all the cancer is related or different kinds, and what type of surgeries & treatments he will need.

We are strong Christians and are praying to God for a miracle. We are also praying for strength to endure whatever the future holds for us.

I would appreciate any & all prayers from my friends here at SB.com.

Thanks~~~Sherry (My husband's name is Bruce)

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Love 2 Learn

Sherry, i am so sorry to hear of your husband's health issues! I just had major brain surgery 2 weeks ago, and I can testify that without all my prayer warriers I would not be doing as well as I am so far.
I am adding Bruce to my prayer chain, may it be God's will that he achieve healing and continued good health that y'all can enjoy many many more years together!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to chocolateaxel

Sherry, what a shocking, devastating visit that must have been when you guys got news like that! I will send positive thoughts and prayers for Bruce. Please keep us posted.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to siameseplease

I'm so sorry to hear that, Sherry.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to scraprabbit

I don't pray but definitely sending positive thoughts your way for a positive outcome.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to scrappercaz

Dear Father In Heaven, Lord, please be Sherry and Bruce during this time. Father, if it be thy will reach down and do a mighty healing in Bruce's body. Lord, lead them to the right doctors and give the doctors wisdom beyond all understanding. Father, if it is your will I know you can completely heal Bruce before he receives any more treatment and leave no doubt in the doctors' minds or anyone who sees Bruce! In Jesus Name, I pray, amen!
Keep us posted Sherry!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to 2xblessed

So, sorry! Sending prayers ya'lls way!

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to TraciK

Caner.. A VERY ugly thing. Prayers for you, your husband and family during this difficult and exhausting time.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to lifethroughalens

Sorry to hear that your family is dealing with cancer. Cancer stinks.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Luvmyfam

I'm so sorry Sherry. I just sent up another one for you both. Please keep us in touch with developments?

Diva
In response to RedSquirrel

Found this site (forum) , love the idea. I will keep it in mind and pray for this requests. Amen.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to bayamonesa1

I don't pray. But will concur that cancer sucks.

It is truly unfortunate that it seems to touch everyone's life in some way.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to Bxr-Linda

Sherry sending prayers for you both!!

Love 2 Learn
Guru
Love 2 Learn
In response to res19s2d

Thanks so much for your kind words and prayers!

I have an update on my husbands progress.

All biopsies have come in from the Mayo Clinic. Bruce has 2 kinds of Cancer. Colon cancer and Kidney & Bone cancer. The type of cancer is called Neuroendocrine Tumor. It is an aggressive & fast growing cancer (in stage 4) and there is no cure. His life expectancy is estimated in months (with treatment maybe a year).

Bruce has many bone cancer lesions from Right Skull throughout the spine, Ribs, right Hip, Left Shoulder & Arm. Very large tumor on C2 Vertebrae. This particular tumor is giving him the most pain, and if not treated fast, can encompass the spinal cord and cause paralysis. Colon tumor is also worrisome, as it is closing his intestine. Bruce still needs MRI of brain.

Dr. does however, think the C-2 vertebrae is strong enough to withstand radiation without causing damage to the spinal cord.

ORDER OR TREATMENTS:

#1. Monday they did CAT SCAN Mapping (a 3-D computer reconstruction of the neck and shoulder tumor), for targeting purpose. During the mapping, Bruce had to lay on his back, with a hard plastic mold under his neck. The mapping only took a few minutes, but when they were done, Bruce was in severe pain because the hard pillow pressed on his neck tumor and nerves. He doesn't know how he will be able to lay there for an hour or more for his treatments.

#2. Wed- Sept 12---See Dr. Dy at office, and he will inject a Bone Strengthener called Zometa, through an IV, which will take about 1-1/2 hours. During this time, Bruce will get verbal Education about his Therapy from the Nurse.

#3. Bruce will get his 1st Radiation treatment on the same day.
RADIATION SCHEDULE: (Neck & Shoulder Tumor)
10 treatments during a 2 week period.

#4. CHEMO SCHEDULE: (For all other cancer of bones, kidney, & colon)
4-6 sessions every 3 weeks for 3 months. Chemo medicine is a combo of Cystplatin & Topiside.

No surgeries will be done to remove any colon, kidney, or bone tumors, at this time....as they think the radiation & chemo will shrink these.

Bruces's neck pain is so painful, he can't lay on a pillow or sleep. When he sits in his recliner, he can't even recline and lay his head back, or put his swollen feet up, because he has to sit straight up in chair.

Dr. Dy has increased Bruce's medications today, in order for him to get enough relief to be able to lay his head down on a pillow & sleep....and for him to be able to endure laying his neck on the hard surface during radiation. So far, medicine is working good. I am happy to say he is sleeping as I write this. Praise God!!!

As of today, my husband has finished his first round of Chemo, and will be getting his last radiation treatment. So far he has done amazingly well with his treatments. He has not been very sick, and the radiation has shrunk the tumor in his neck vertebrae, so that he can now raise his arm...PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

No more treatments for the next 2 weeks. We are really glad about that, as we are exhausted from driving back & forth for treatments every day. But our Lord and Savior has been carrying us through this....as we could not do it alone. Our family & friends have been very supportive & helpful as well.

Thanks again for your caring, encouragement & prayers!!!

soonerscrapper
Veteran
soonerscrapper

Sherry, I will be praying.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

Mayo Clinics are fantastic! Glad to hear his treatments are providing some relief.

Diva
In response to t-scraps

Just read the updates. Good to know. God is so good. Keep praying. Keep believing! So nice he has you by his side. I have Colon Cancer stage IV that spread to my chest and back of intestines. DOing chemo for six month three times a week every other week. I believe in the power of prayer.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Praying for you both Sherry!
And prayers for you as well bayamonesa1!
So many people I know and love have been attacked by this hateful disease!
May God be with each one that is fighting the fight.

Diva
In response to 2xblessed

Thank you so much. Prayersa rea always welcome.

Love 2 Learn
Guru
Love 2 Learn

Thanks for the prayers. Bayamonesa1, I will include you in my prayers.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics