Username Post: Cardstock w/Black Core        (Topic#1580405)
New Kid On the Block

Hi,

I'm looking for multicolored packs of plain, non-textured 80 lb. cardstock that have a black core. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could find this?

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to ecamirg

I am not aware of any colored card stock that has a black core.....coordineations carries cardstock with different cores to use when sanding. Stampin' Up just got three exclusive colors....feel free to check out my blog.
What are you using it for? Can you layer? Stampin' Up black paper is solid color through out.
Sorry, not sure I helped much!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to binkiemonstermom

Did you check the superstore here?

It seems most of the colored core cardstock IS textured.

Maybe check an art supply store (not necessarily scrapbooking)?

Expert
In response to Bxr-Linda

Why do I think I've seen this somewhere? Have you checked J's and M's?

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to deedee49

I didn't think of an art paper! That might be an avenue to check!!!! I love this board!!!!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-07-12 09:32 AM

I have black paper with a black core, but I've never seen colored paper with a black core. I do think it's a line that Core'dinations NEEDS to come out with! But as Linda pointed out, paper with a differently colored core tends to be textured. If you do find some please come back and tell us where!

New Kid On the Block
In response to stick

Thanks for the replies. I take graphics from 8 bit games (for example the original Super Mario Bros., Mega Man, etc.) and make cards from the pixel art. I layer the work by color, usually starting off of a black base.

Ideally, I'd like paper that would allow me to cut out my designs, and have a uniform black edge on my colors to add some dimension...without the hassle of having to trace each piece with a brush marker. Inking seems impossible because of all the tiny edges.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ecamirg

Those look great!

I was thinking Core'dinations had some, but I was thinking of their Black Magic line, which is black with a colored core instead of the other way around. You might be able to ink the edges using a marker instead of an ink pad, but depending on the volume in which you make these, that could get tedious.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to aquabunny

a black copic marker might hit the edges for you and would be able to get in little places.

Diva

Good idea!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-11-12 08:39 AM
In response to bayamonesa1

I use Copics a lot to ink the edges of something. You have to be really careful with it so it doesn't bleed too much away from the edge - especially likely to happen with an interior corner. I've just started using the Tim Holtz Distress markers to do this, too, and they don't seem to bleed much. Still - would be such a pain for all the pieces you need. Your cards are really cool!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ecamirg

Also, if you see this message, please PM me with a link to where I can buy your cards - these are right up my alley.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics