Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: I need my motivation back!        (Topic#1580425)
CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Gelidy Gelato

This is SO true! I enjoy taking two days to make a "masterpiece", but for the last month I have been working on a book for my mom, and doing Very simple LO's so it's going fast. I'm really enjoying that.

I guess I do have ADD because I jump from one project to another.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to CrimsonMama

Need to get out for lunch...HL has 50% off paper this week. I guess I know where I'm going today.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• CrimsonMama Said:
You know what? I have my notifications turned off because I don't want all that email! I get SO Much junk email! So, what I do is go to the activity stream, both friends and mine to see the comments and who has posted new work. And, when I get a comment from a friend, I frequent their gallery to see if they have posted anything new that I missed.

This is kind of what I do. I don't get emails when people upload stuff, but I do get emails when my stuff gets commented on (and even then, I sometimes receive emails only for some comments and not others). I try to use the activity stream to keep up with what my friends post, although I also find a lot of great stuff by other people by watching what my friends comment on. And then periodically I go through my own activity stream to check who left comments on what, and then I drop by to thank them and see if they have things I'd like to comment on. Shamefully, I went about two months without doing that this summer and it took me over an hour to catch up (because I had posted a long album during that time). But I did take care of it and I'm back to doing it every week or so.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to aquabunny

Right, actually, I DO get an email when I get a PM, that way I will check for that immediately so I can respond.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to pugs223

Shhhhhh I can't hear you!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I finished the page! Well, part is glued becuase it would be too hard to position again later and the rest is in the page kits for the next crop - but I know exactly how to finish it. And, I like it!

Gelidy - you sure hit the nail on the head. I am overwhelmed by all the paints and glues and inks and glitter and different tools. It is a production! And then when I finish I find another idea that would have been awesome on that page. But scrapbooking has become overwhelming for me too.

At some poitn I'm going to start dabbling in digital but right now I am enjoying th eglue and papers and especially the crops. Digital would be great for when we are on trips - I could do my pages as I go.

To be honest, digital scares the bejeebies out of me becuase I am not that computer literate. And I get frustrated with new things on the computer.

I just got Faceback worked out about a week ago and am tooling around on it just fine. Took me a long time though. Took 2 months to get my page up!

But I'm in complete agreement - I am overwhelmed by all the stuff and techniques.

Crimson - I did turn off the notifications and then I didn't seem to get to anybody's gallery. I'm not good about checking my activity stream. With the notifications I know I'm checking everyone's galleries and I like that. I just set one evening every couple weeks to open all the notifications. And I enjoy it when I do it. I love looking at everyone else's layouts.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Henri Jean

I also have my preferences set so I get e-mails for PMs, but that's all. I'm trying to get into the habit of checking the Activity Stream, but time seems to disappear so quickly!

I started in digital. I have the FlipAlbum software that I really love since it lets people turn pages just like a book, plus music, or even voice recordings can be used. Great visual effects...I really enjoyed it.

It was also nice to be able to put an "album" onto a DVD and give copies to anyone who wanted one. Much easier than making duplicate paper albums!

When our oldest granddaughter grad. from HS in 2010 I told hubby it would be fun to make her an album. That was the beginning of my downfall. Silly me...I thought all I'd buy would be an album, a few pieces of paper and some glue.

Now that I've spent $$$$$, I don't know how to go back. I'm not going to give away everything I've had so much fun buying and I do enjoy scissors and glue, but paper scrapping sure takes a lot of space, time and money!

I'm not sure I spend any more time on paper (and maybe not as much time as digis) because I didn't use digi kits, but made all my own pages, so it was definitely time consuming also, but it was a lot cheaper and clutter-free!

Now I get monthly digi kits from another site, but don't have time to work with them, although I do print out parts of the kits and make them into paper embellies and backgrounds to print out.

I wish I had time to do it all~ And now I've started making some cards. My granddaughters have been enthusiastic about getting smashbooks. No...I'm not even going there...no room, no money, no time ~Judy the Frazzled

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsdriver5

I hear ya' Judy the frazzled.

Much of my time goes into organizing my stuff so I can use it. If I don't keep it organized, I forget about it.

I forgot about my micro-glitters. I have 39 jars and at $7.00 a jar - that is nearly $280.00. I don't even remember I have them and its been 2 years now.

Last week I took them out of the jars they came in and put them in clear jars that are made for beads and come in the clear plastic box.

Wrote color and number on each lid with a clear sharpie and now my glitters look nice and are stacked up and very colorful. Now, maybe I will use them.

daschweder
Veteran
daschweder

I was reading in a magazine I bought today. Its a scrapbook mag from the UK. It has an article about motivating your mojo. I thought of this thread.

It talked about looking around at the different things around you to get new ideas for layouts. Road signs and store fronts etc.. Then try and do the lo's as those things- like a street sign was used as an example and the lo was using strips of paper for the signs and had journaling on them and pics.
Hope that made some kind of sense.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to daschweder

I seem to be back to scrapping normally today.

Finished the one I was stuck on and got 4 more done today - at least put into page kits ready for glue.

Have two more in fornt of me now and I'll work on them tonight.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

We should come up with an acholic drink and name it sbm, scrapbooking mojo.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I like that idea. Any suggestions?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

I think sbm in a glass can be anything you feel like at that moment. So maybe sometimes wine is your sbm in a glass....sometimes you might find your sbm in a pina coloda....or whatever other tasty concoction you pour yourself

But to get back to the original subject ( funny how soooo many threads-regardless of the opening post-end up turning to food and/or alcohol )
I'm not a chronological scrapper and I look to the gallery here and sometimes my past layouts for inspiration.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics