Username Post: Photos        (Topic#1580469)
CreativeDaisyDesigns
Resident
CreativeDaisyDesigns

Do you guys scrapbook all your photos or do you just pick and choose what you want? If so what do you do with the rest!

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to CreativeDaisyDesigns

I try to pick the ones I want to use and have only those printed. Normally I do have a couple left after I have finished a project and since I am not using them for anything, I throw them away. I have all my pictures digitally, so I do not want to keep any prints laying around, gathering dust.

CreativeDaisyDesigns
Resident
CreativeDaisyDesigns
In response to elsje2

Yeah that is what I was thinking too! I have started putting all mine on cds to store in a fire safe box! So that will be the route I use too probably! Thanks!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8

I print what I want to scrapbook. Before I print I edit the pictures and then I print them out. All other pictures just hang out all backed up on my hard drive.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

No, I have tons of photos (from before digital camera era). The ones I don't scrap, I put in a photo album.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to t-scraps

I go through and put all my photos on my computer and then delete the ones I don't want.

I print the ones that remaining which is in the thousands (1,800 printed one day).

Then I scrap what I can use, make titles and things from some of the others and then if they are good photos someone would want I send them to my mother or someone who is in the photos who might want the ones I'm not scrapping.

I trash the rest. I don't want photos sitting around collecting dust either. They are on my computer.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Henri Jean

I only print and scrap the pics which inspire me.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to SuperAllyFan

I print what I want to scrap. The rest are backed up on several hards drives that I backup on a regular basis. I'm not taking any chances on losing my pictures again!

I also have lots of photos from my pre-digital days. I keep those in photo boxes.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I think I have some stashed away too pre-digital (forgot about them). They have all been scanned so I don't even think about them.

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 09-06-12 04:26 PM

I print what I want to scrapbook, but there are always prints that I'll get and just don't want to scrap. I usually put those aside and either give them to my mom or my in-laws, who always love pics of their grandson.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to J-M

I have tons of photo boxes, all stuffed to their limits. My mom started worrying that she wouldn't be able to get her photos & albums out of the house if there was another wildfire nearby, so she gave them all to me.

Many pictures I have two or three copies of, but when I go to scrap them, I want to edit them, so I reprint them at home. By the time I'm done scrapping, I have more pictures than when I started :>)

No, I don't throw any of them away. I might want to use one, or part of one, in some other LO, card, or something. They're already in the photo boxes, so when I'm done scrapping what I want, I just put them back in where they came from, but put a printed label on the back of the photos, telling that the photo was scanned and what scrapbook album it was used in. I just make a bunch of labels and print them out to stick on the backs of all the pics I've used in an album.

I also like to keep plain ol' photo albums around. People sometimes just like to look at pictures and I change the albums that are laying around from time to time.

If I have too many to use, but I wish I could use them, I have a collage program and I use extra pictures that way.

In some albums I'll probably add photo pages to put some of the pics that I don't actually scrap, but that way keep them all together.

I haven't even started scrapping digi pics (except a granddaughter's grad), but other than obvious junk ones (like somebody's elbow), they just get saved on a couple of hard drives. Drives are fairly cheap, so if I run out of room, I buy a couple more.

Throw away? Not a chance. Although my granddaughters like to have some of the duplicates, so that works, too~Judy

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to mrsdriver5

I print what I plan on scrapping. I like scrapping stories so I scrap what motivates me. I don't have any fun just scrapping 'cause I feel I have to scrap a particular picture. If there are any left over after I've done a page, I toss them. I don't like clutter so I don't keep photos laying around. They are all either in scrapbooks or on my computer.
The exception is old photos from my childhood and teen years (before digital). One day, I'd like to scan them all but I haven't got around to it yet.....
I can't see how anyone these days can possibly scrap every picture....with digital cameras and phones etc. there are just waaay too many!!

I organize all my pics in Photoshop Elements and try to delete the ones that are bad. I back everything up on 2 separate external hard drives.

When I'm doing a book for my son or family, I make a DVD of ALL the pictures for that time period and stick it in the back of the book so there is a copy of even the pics that I didn't include in the book.

Alison

Diva
In response to kiyawinn

I scrap as many photos as possible!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to bayamonesa1

I take pictures often and of everything!!! Before I order, I go through and delete anything I don't like, edit the ones I have. Then I send them off for printing. When I get the back, I will have 10 of a party for example, I might only use 7 or 8 of them in my scrapbooking. The rest of my "rejects" go to my kids to scrap! they love it!!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to binkiemonstermom

Exactly what I do Michelle. I delete the rejects and duplicates that are just to similar and print what is left. They go in my files to scrap.

As I scrap thought I weed them out more and more and give the rejects to family or friends who might want them. Some end up in the trash. I just threw away 3 alligator pictures I don't want and 2 of CHinese acrabats at Disneyworld. Page was just too cramped!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:

I can't see how anyone these days can possibly scrap every picture....with digital cameras and phones etc. there are just waaay too many!!

When I'm doing a book for my son or family, I make a DVD of ALL the pictures for that time period and stick it in the back of the book so there is a copy of even the pics that I didn't include in the book.

Alison

This is pretty much what I do. Right now I'm busy working with pre-digi pics and so far I've used them all...we just didn't take as many pictures back then. Many aren't great quality, but it's all I have to work with.

The last 11 day trip we took, we have almost 3,000 pics. I'm obviously not going to put all of those in an album, but many will go into collages and most will go onto a DVD, along with the photo-copies of my album pages so if someone wants to view the album on a TV or computer, they can. A couple of the albums I've bought have a pocket on the back cover for a DVD. For those that don't, I'll add a pocket.

I like various sizes and I never know what I want until I'm doing a page, so I print a lot of pictures at home. However, snapfish has a good sale going, so I'll get a few hundred printed and see what I use...but I'll keep what I don't use in a photo box. All of my MANY photo boxes are in date order.~Judy

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to mrsdriver5

I like to do a couple of layouts of an event/day and then any extras, if there are enough, I like to make mini albums for them. I just completed a mini album for a trip to Grand Cayman, I save the photos I wanted for regular layouts and the rest went in the album.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SoonerT

I love Grand Cayman! I want to see the layouts!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle

I choose my favorites and put the rest in albums. There are so many there is no way I could scrap them all!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Richelle

I scrap a few on a layout and follow up with the photo keepers that fit in my 12x12" albums. I also edit/eliminate dups and have my photos backed up to two external hard drives.

I referenced below what I'm talking about but I don't like the We R Memory ones as they are so thick they have a cloudy look to them and make photo colors off. I use other brands.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics