Username Post: Ott-Lamp Caddy ...        (Topic#1580483)
Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

So i picked up the ott-lamp caddy while it was on sale for 34.99 (dont know if its still for sale or not) but used it less then a handful of times. Pulled it out last night to work on a project & the lightbulb is barley glowing, it kind of clickered a little. I left it on & after about an hour it was "back to normal" which I still think is dull for a $79.99 lamp!

does anyone else's have this issue? Im thinking about returning it to J's and just getting the stand up lamp for about $20 more if that much

Im really super disapointed in this light!! I hope its this model & not the over all concept. I know back years ago when we had our online business we had natrual glow lights. Nor for the life of me can I remeber there true name to see if they are still in business -- but it was a straight lamp with a goose neck anyone remeber? I think we could buy them at like Lowes or Manards, Home depot ect? Anyne rmember --- I need better lighting in the worst way. And all though Im on a spending FREEZE this will break it in a second!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Sassie

I don't have one (yet), but I can't imagine that Ott would have sooooo many fans if it wasn't a good product. Maybe you just got a bad bulb? Could've been knocked around during shipping or something? Try calling J's or bringing it back there and explaining the issue you're having.

Good luck!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Sassie

i've had this happen with other lights - halogen i think, it just takes some time for the liquid to warm up - not like a regular light. could that be a reason? don't know what ott bulbs are made from..

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to OlesyaK.

I used to raise Lady Gouldian Finches and our aviarium required a natural sunlight bulb or their color would fade and they would get sickly.

I know exactly what you are talking about but I'm drawing a blank as to what they are called. THey are also marketed as plant lights.

We bought the 4' long tube because that is what the fixtures required but it was not flourescent or halogen - I could ask for plant light bulbs and they gave them to me but there is another name and I'm drawing a blank.

My Ott light is okay but I'm not jumping up and down over it. I would not have bought it but my husband found it at a garage sale.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Henri Jean

I bought it straight from Joanns I am surley going to take it back. Id like one of the Ott floor lamps instead if this caddy also, so we'll see what happens when I get back ... not sure im going today maybe tomarrow.

Henri you know exactly what Im talking about - it was some sort of natural daylight bulb & lamp system We have one hanging over our African Greys cage (in a garage type lighting system hanging thing) but ive not had to change the bulbs 00 and we've had that bad boy for well over 5 years!! Its on from 9am -7pm everyday no matter what!!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Sassie

hmmmm I was thinking about purchasing the caddy light maybe I won't now.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Exactly - mine was on every day for 14 hours. And they are used for plants but it also is the right light for exotic birds (probably reptiles and things too but I don't want to think about that).

The bulbs came from Home Depot or Lowes or anywhere like that. But I don't know if they are the kind of bulbs or light source that would be good for scrapping. I remember that they lasted forever. The light was very bright.

They are several brands and I remember seeing the words "plant light" on the tube packaging. I just can't remember the real name of them.

Diva

INteresting. I dont owned one of those special lamp! Wonder if it worth the price.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bayamonesa1

To me it would depend on if you have good lighting now that you work comfortably with. If I had good lighting in the room I would never use my Ott Lite but I don't have good lighting in here.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

I have a fold up Ott I've had for over ten years. Same light bulb still fine. I have two Otts with the caddy that I got on clearance at Js. A While ago. I've never had any trouble with them.

You might check and make sure the bulb is in good. My fluorescent that is behind my tv will do that if if bulbs not in tight.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to SherylEb

I have the Ott caddy, the Ott pink foldover, and 2 Ott floor models. They are all great. I couldn't read or craft without my Otts.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics