Page 4 of 8 
Username Post: Scrappy Weekend        (Topic#1580487)
pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Keri-

I have a CIS XXL and a P3

I learned about these way too late. I would love a CIS P3, but they are discontinued and go for way too much on evilbay.

Edited by pugs223 on 09-24-12 04:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 4tgrfans

Missed my weekend crop this past weekend but had to be in Tampa where my son was in the hospital.

Will just have more to do at the next crop.

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
Missed my weekend crop this past weekend but had to be in Tampa where my son was in the hospital.

Will just have more to do at the next crop.

hope your son is okay.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to rubymillerand

He was in for tests for a week. All good, although a difficult week for all of us. He is a seizure patient and they took away his meds for a week to induce seizures so they could map where they were coming from.

He had a small seizure on Sunday but yesterday he had an awful grand mal - he acutally started turning blue and couldn't breathe - they had to give him oxygen.

But they got the results they wanted and through a surgical procedure (scarry, it is brain surgery), they can remove a few bad cells and expect him to be seizure-free. That is why he was in the hospital this week - to see if he is a viable candidate and it has been confirmed.

Lots more tests to do to make sure where they are operating (in front of his left ear) but at least htey know he can be cured with surgery.

The worst is over except for the surgery itself and he will only be in the hospital a couple days for that.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans

pulling my wagon around the house....

Henri:I hope your son is doing better.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to 4tgrfans

I am getting myself psyched up for putting page kits together this weekend.

DH is working, DS has a friend coming over and I'm hoping to get chores/canning done Saturday morning so I have all Sat. evening/night to play in my room.

Must remember to pick up Monster Irish Cream coffee beverage...I'll be up all night

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62
In response to Kim222

My BF and I go to 3 scrap weekends per year. And her darling husband decided earlier this year we 'neded' to take his van , instead of the usual 4WD wagon as we just can't take enough.. We start organising kits ect months in advance but you still need ribbons, paints, inks and sprays ect ect ect . It all adds up and theres always something we did'nt take... And there's always lots we don't use but we have an absolute ball....

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to 4tgrfans

Ok I'm leaving for a crop in the morning and promised to take a picture for my friend at work.. Right now there is not room in my little malibu for one more thing it's going to be close to get my purse in it.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to Sneezy1956

I can just see that ! love it !

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to 4tgrfans

Wow Henri--I hope all goes well with your son!! How scary!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

OK--Peg, I'm very sorry. I truly did try. I guess I'm just not a page kit person. Please use my failure as your motivation to get it done. You can do it!!

I can't

I'm going to a 10 hour crop tomorrow and I've got 7 bags and 2 accordian style 12x12 paper takers.

BUUUUUUUUUT!!! Last Sunday, my absolutely wonderfully thoughtful husband walked in the door with a NEW WAGON!!!!!!!!!

It will get a workout tomorrow and be a preview for my weekend scrap get away next month!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Kim222

I'm going to work in my craft room all weekend, hopefully. If I can keep myself from scrappy shopping.
I have a quilt to get finished, and I give good job cards out at work. I really need more. I made a couple of bday cards on my lunch, but needed to get them in mail. Sometimes I like me better when I have to hurry.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

Congratulations on the new wagon Kim - I love mine!

If it is the same wagon the steering is very funky, it doens't always go the way you are pulling it. One of my girlfriends has one like it and she discovered you can get behind it and steer it with the handle and it stays on course better. doesn't matter to me - I use it for eveyr crop! And at home it holds my supplies for the next crop.

If I need something to work on here, I work out of the wagon and put it back.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006

I was verrrryyyy bad yesterdayand today! I bought a cuttlebug v2 and a bunch of nestables. When I told the husband, only comment he made was that he hoped I remembered to buy the jersey he wanted! But of course...! I havent bought new tools for a year so I am looking forward to new stuff! Oh and i also bought the ribbon cutter!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Debbie2006

Great - have fun with it!

I saw a new way to store the nesties on utube (someone posted it here and I hate that I don't remember who) - anyway I spent the morning organizing them.

I've had my Big Shot for about 3 or 4 months and I had 12 sets of Nesties. I have to stop!

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans

I put a Big shot on my Christmas list. I like the stamp/die cut combo and think I want to try some embossing folders.

I hope to pack tomorrow for our classes next weekend at the Creating Keepsakes convention. I'm still adding some stuff to the page kits for November.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

Sizzix is the Deal of the Day today. That's bad...for the wallet

I keep looking at the die with the row of houses that TH has. I really like it, but wonder how often I'd use it, but I can think of several ways...so I'm sure I'll find a way to justify buying it...along with the Halloween-looking fence and a few others. (I know they all have names, but don't recall what they are off-hand.)

Too bad they don't have a Daily Deal of buying extra scrappy time. THAT would be a big seller!~Judy

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to mrsdriver5

Henri thx for the info about youtube. I always like new ideas for storage!

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue
In response to mrsdriver5

I usually only try to bring 2 totes: One carries inks, chalks, scissors (2 pair),punches (limited to 5), 2 magazines, cutter and bag of ribbons, cardstock and patterned paper (but not much, maybe 50 sheets), small container of photos, ..the other tote is strictly for page kits that I put together myself (with photos)-I TRY to make at least 12 but it all depends on how long the crop is. I may tuck in a kit or two that I purchased in case I want to work on something else...I put kits in those cropper hopper holder thingees...or the ones from Hobby Lobby

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to mizzblue

It is 7:30pm and I am FINALLY in my scrap room. I forgot to get an energy drink though and after a full day of canning, I'm not sure how much I'm going to get accomplished.

Going to work on cleaning up the mess from my last batch of cards, organize and refresh my memory with what I have. I'll start page kits tomorrow I think

Page 4 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics