Page 2 of 8 
Username Post: Scrappy Weekend        (Topic#1580487)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 950nancy

You go to crops like I do! I love it!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to 950nancy

Garden wagon....got it!! $49.99 is a great price, but even $56 isn't so bad, especially since it will be so useful. I have an all day crop at the end of this month, so I'd really like to have it before then.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
I just got back from a 12 hour crop. Most of the pages I completed were premade and had only little things to add. Titles were cut, pics were printed, and most of the paper was in place. I just added cropped pictures and bling. I finished 38 pages. (I do 2 pagers and two of each page - 2 boys). I also brought a bunch of punches to add some borders. Feeling pretty good right now.

WOW!!! B R A V O !!! I'm really going to make an effort to organize myself better for crops.

I really spend sooo much time picking out which pics I want to work with, what style I want to do the layout in, which papers to use, what type of embellies, to stamp or not to stamp, punch, cut etc etc etc. I honestly feel I accomplish something if I walk out of a 6 hour crop with a 2 page layout TOTALLY completed

Its all good, though. I'm still enjoying the process and the company

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Kim222

Kim, when I get caught up (11-12 years behind), I am going to TAKE MY TIME. For now, I am speed cropping. I am such a planner that it works for me.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 950nancy

My problem is that if I'm not prepared I have to focus and concentrate and I feel like I miss the conversation and fun around me becuase I'm trying to figure out what to do.

If I make page kits - then I don't have to concentrate on my scrapping so much and can enjoy the event more.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to 950nancy

Have lots and lots of fun!!!

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to 950nancy

That is wonderful to be able to go to crops. I have never been to any. I dont know of any around where I am from.***** Henri Jean **** you seems very organized and I love that little wagon. It is awesome that you have all that planned in advance. Yall all have a great crop
kajunkat Mary

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to kajunkat

I have two big tool boxes that I pack in along with my jumbo clip it up and my two big 31 bags that hold my cricut and big shot stuff.

I also have one paper taker and my 6 x6 paper taker along ith my one tote that has trimmer, atg, pop dots and a few other tools.

ladyofaries
Veteran
ladyofaries
In response to Kim222

Oh I wish I could be more productive at crops. we go twice a year to a 3 day crop and every time on the way home I say I am going to be more prepared next time....but seems like the time slips away and I end up taking a van full of stuff! Going in Nov. and have nothing ready AGAIN.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ladyofaries

You have plenty of time before November! I have two weeks befofre my next crop - a week and a half really, and am going to try to get 20 more pages together. Then I have another week until the next crop and since it is just one day I should be able to get another 20 pages of kits made.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Henri Jean

I need to make kits, I need to make kits, I need to make kits. I have 7.5 weeks until my weekend get away.

I was working on some cards yesterday and came to the realization that I have way too much paper and there is no way I can pack even half of it to take with me.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

When I got to the point that it would take a moving van to get me to a crop - that is when I started to figure out what I actually needed.

And the only way to know what I actually need is to sort it and organize first.

CKohn
CKohn 
Resident
CKohn
  • CKohn on 09-17-12 08:33 AM

I have found that when i take the time to put together a project list. I am much more productive. I have 1 day crop coming up in Oct and a weekend in November. I am starting my lists of items to bring and the projects to work on. I am going to try to write it up in Evernote so i can easily edit it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CKohn

I have a crop for 2 days this weekend! I'm still making page kits to take so they take from 10 minutes to aboutg 45 mintues or an hour to complete. That way I know I will be productive!

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to kajunkat

• kajunkat Said:
That is wonderful to be able to go to crops. I have never been to any. I dont know of any around where I am from.***** Henri Jean **** you seems very organized and I love that little wagon. It is awesome that you have all that planned in advance. Yall all have a great crop
kajunkat Mary

I saw your profile and I'm not sure what part of Louisiana you're in but there is a weekend crop down in Mandeville. I've never been to it but I have a friend down there and I was thinking about using the crop as an excuse to go visit.

Here's the link for it: http://www.scrapfestproductions.com/ScrapFest%21/Home.h...

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to Monique_McCoy

I make page kits with the pattern papers, pictures and card stock (I put them in cropper hopper sleeves, but 12x12 Ziplocks work too). I dont choose embellies until I am at the actual crop. I dont take everything and figure if I want to add it, I can when I get home. I do take my Cricut and my carts with me...I never know what title I will want on there or what cut I may need once the page starts to come together. I have found if I choose my PP before hand, I dont have to take my huge tote that is full of it. I do take extra CS in the basic colors...white, black, kraft, red. I have a craft wagon like Henri's (thanks to that exact picture ) and it really helps cut down on trips!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to m.perk

I love my craft wagon!

I do pick my embellies before I go though - then I know how to space them.

A lot of ladies take their Cricuts but I just don't want to take mine. I make my titles before the crop.

Then with drywall tape (nothing else works that I know of) I carefull lift the letters without changing the position while the cardstock or paper is still on the mat. That way if one goes wonky and gets out of line, I can put it back in the opening the letter was cut from and lift it again.

When I lift them on drywall tape like they were cut I get the same perfect spacing and even line they had on the mat and cardstock. It is perfect.

I put that on a piece of copy paper or notebook paper and put it with the rest of the things for that page.

When I get to the crop, I peel the drywall tape off the copy paper and the letters are still perfectly straight and perfectly spaced.

I glue the letters with my Zigpen put you could us any glue, and since the drywall tape is so loosely woven, I can see where I want to put the letters. I put down a ruler so I don't have my line of letters running up or down and then just press the letters on. I can put a title down in under 2 minutes!

That helps me a lot at crops - having my titles ready.

Latelyl I've been using sticker letters - I have so many I want to use some and I do that at the crops, I do take those.

And occasionally I use my Slice for letters if I don't have the letters I want on my Cricut. I actually have more letter selection for my Slice and it stays in my crop wagon.

I'm ready to go this weekend! Its been a long time!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

About thte wagon - I'm not thrilled with the steering mechanism on it - when you pull it I find it veers off one way or another. My girlfriend had the same problem.

WE get behind the wagons and push and still hold the handle to steer. Makes the wagons easier for us to control.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans

This is all great information !! I've only been to a couple of crops. I just registered for a big one in November. I hope to use everything I just read here to get ready.

i do have the rolling suitcase by MIMI. I LOVE the wagon, think I need one of those.

How do you set up your space at the crop? Do you take paper trays, sit stuff on the floor, under table, where ?

Any tips would be great, thank you !

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
I need to make kits, I need to make kits, I need to make kits. I have 7.5 weeks until my weekend get away.

I was working on some cards yesterday and came to the realization that I have way too much paper and there is no way I can pack even half of it to take with me.

What you said!!

Thats my plan for this weekend. To put together stuff for two 1 day crops and my crop weekend.

Page 2 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics