Username Post: Scrappy Weekend        (Topic#1580487)
Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Keri-

I have a CIS XXL and a P3, both of which I take and work out of. Other stuff gets put up on my table, but it depends on how much room I have. Some crops I've had as few as 3 feet, our weekend getaway crop we'll have EIGHT FEET PER PERSON!! (Can you tell I'm excited?!?!?!)

Inky painty stuff goes on or under the table until needed ( and its ALWAYS needed! )

The more table space you have, the more underneath space you have to store stuff.

I have a rolling tote that I fill with an assortment of all kinds of stuff like embellies, chipboard, fabric, felt, ribbon etc. I leave that in the car and just run out to get what I need as I'm working. I also usually bring my whole basket of Thickers and chippy alphas and leave those in the car too. Oh and a tool box filled with metal trinkets usually comes in. Depends on space.

OK-so basically I bring 2 totes inside and my car becomes my LSS

Edited by Kim222 on 09-21-12 11:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Did I not JUST finish saying that I was going to put kits together for my crops?!?!?!?

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • pugs223 Said:
I need to make kits, I need to make kits, I need to make kits. I have 7.5 weeks until my weekend get away.

I was working on some cards yesterday and came to the realization that I have way too much paper and there is no way I can pack even half of it to take with me.

What you said!!

Thats my plan for this weekend. To put together stuff for two 1 day crops and my crop weekend.

I'm hoping I get around to doing that this weekend too. I have a LO and a card to finish for a challenge and then get to making kits.

Only 5.5 weeks until my retreat!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

I take my wagon and put it behind my chair - it almost always fits.

ON the table I put my trimmer and my little caddy with the Cutterbee scissors and erasor and xyron x and the other little things. Also, My ATG goes on the table.

My crop wagon has 2 of the 12 x 12 holders with handles. ONe has my cropodile, brads and eyelets. The other has my assortment of letter sticker. On the same side of the wagon is a gig file folder thing fomr pages ready to scrap. I pull out one folder and completely those then put that folder in back and go to the next foldre.

There is a big storage thing on the other side. My Slice goes in that, and I transport my ATG and little tools caddy in it. ALso misc. things I need. For the next crop I need my "Thank You" punch so it is in there.

THen I work out of my wagon. I put the top on the large bin that most things go in and and the lid gives me a flat surface. I put my complete pages in order on the flat surface to store them, or I put them back in the projects file if they are finished.

If I don't have space for my tools caddy, then I put it on top of the lid to my big bin in the wagon.

I don't have to put anything on the floor but I don't take embelliss or chipboard or extra papers or cardstock, nothing I don't need.

One exception - I take at least 2 packages of black cardstock for mats becuase I really go through the black cardstock.

mj scrappin'
Veteran
mj scrappin'
In response to Kim222

I am so glad you asked this question! The responses are awesome. I actually stopped going to crops because I was paying the consultant to sit in her studio and gather ideas and decide on pictures!!! Then I would miss the conversation part of the night (or spent too much time conversing). My sister, nephew's wife, grand nieces and I are planning a scrapbooking weekend when the guys are deer hunting! I will take the advice of these wonderful scrappers and be prepared (I have til November to get ready!)

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to mj scrappin'

Last weekend when I went to my crop, I was SOOO organized, just like I said on page one of this post...except I went to reach for a punch...AND THEY WEREN'T THERE!! I forgot to pack my punches!!! Ooops! Fortunately, the pages looked fine without a punched border or strip, and someone had a cricut there I could borrow for a bit of interesting!!! Won't forget those again!!

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to Juansmom

Hmmmmmm. This wagon also comes in blue.

Tomorrow I am going to make page kits. Thanks for all the ideas on how to set up!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 4tgrfans

I've never seen the wagon in blue. Cool.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to 4tgrfans

Kerri when I set up at a crop I have a folding shelve that I set my expression on and then my bigshot sets under it. My tooldbox holds my inks and embossing items and stickles that kind of stuff and sits beside the table. I set my clip it up on my big grab and go everything else is either on the table or under the table. By copics are almostly always on the table and my ribbon I put in the 31 bag that my cricut came our of and it hands on the back on my tool box.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Sneezy1956

Wow...you guys all wear me out just reading about everything you take with you. I'm glad you all enjoy going to crops...obviously a lot of people do. I don't think I'd have the energy to load/unload/reload/put everything away, even if crops did sound good to me~ ~Judy

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsdriver5

I love crops but I'm with you Judy. don't want to drag one thing in or out that I don't need.

The girlfriend I crop with brings everything and her stuff fills the car. I've seen her load her crop wagon twice and still make another trip to the for stuff.

I don't want to lug anything around that I don't absolute need. I'm way to lazy for that!

But the ones who bring everything really have a ball at the crops but I also don't like putting it away when I get home.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Henri Jean

Tried.
Failed.

I really really tried to put together page kits for my upcoming crops, but I just couldn't figure out what I'll want when I start putting the page together as far as embellies.

So, I guess its back to packing all the "what if" stuff.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Tried.
Failed.

I really really tried to put together page kits for my upcoming crops, but I just couldn't figure out what I'll want when I start putting the page together as far as embellies.

So, I guess its back to packing all the "what if" stuff.

No don't give up. I need inspiration.

However I will probably be the same. I do plan on taking my embellie tote, but I want to avoid bringing all of my paper so I don't have to rent a U-Haul.

My problem is my paper selection goes with my mood sometimes. So if I pull out a kit and don't "feel it" I may regret not bringing my paper.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to pugs223

I have to say I've learned SO much from Henri! She is my scrapbooking idol. (Thanks, Henri) Because of her, I learned to make kits, bought one of the little red wagons, and now own a roll of dry wall tape. My organization skills have doubled (and I've always considered myself pretty CDO! Oh yeh, that's OCD, but I alphabetized the letters so they're right). I love this site and all the ideas I've gained from it. I never mind seeing a question that's been asked before because I know there's going to be someone out there giving me a new point of view. Keep 'em coming!

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to pugs223

I try to stick to a theme I'm working on. It's usually my boys but I still have specific paper picked out for the various pages I'll do. My biggest downfall is cardstock. I suppose I could find coordinating colors for all my patterned paper but that just takes some of the fun out of it. So I usually cart around my cardstock.
That and I always bring stuff for cards. If I happen to run out of inspiration or photos, I can always make a few cards to stretch the noggin.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to fknapoleon

I made kits this afternoon. Not necessarily by the page, but by theme. I made my son a nice book to have at his graduation reception (2010) and never scrapped the actual graduation or reception. I put photos, cardstock in school colors, graduation stickers, etc in a folder. I also made folders for Christmas, daughter's first car, etc. When the time comes, I'll pack misc embellishments, basic cardstock & supplies, etc. I can make several pages from each theme.

I'll think about organization on & around the table. They're 8 foot tables with 2 people at each. Love the ides....keep them coming!

Oh, and I now own a wagon too.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 4tgrfans

Enjoy your wagon! The steering is difficult for me (and most of my friends who own them) so we find it much easier to get behind them and push while holding the handle over the top - then it goes right where you want it to!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Thanks for the compleiments Darla - very sweet and made me feel good.

fishdc
fishdc 
Veteran
fishdc
In response to Kim222

It is hard not to bring too much but a lot of extra work for yourself if you do. Try to pick a certain group of pictures you want to scrap. Organize the embellishments you will use, tools, paper, embellies and don't forget lots of running tape. Keep in mind most crops have vendors so if you need something you did forget, you can always buy it. Have fun, you should get a lot done, but not as much as you think you will so try to not bring everything.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to fishdc

Kim......I just checked out the CIS and P3. Very cool. I think they're similar to the MIMI tote I have.

I am going to work on cricut titles tonight. pretty sure I've got drywall tape downstairs.

In 2 weeks, my daughter & I are going to the CK convention in Kansas City. I got an email today with a class list. i'll have to pack for that first (much lighter).

I think it's crazy how excited this all makes me. I love new ideas. thanks everyone !

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics