Page 6 of 8 
Username Post: Scrappy Weekend        (Topic#1580487)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
I have a 2 day crop coming up this month and I'm getting prepared now.

I have about 40 pages already made into kits with the paper, embellies, photos - everything in files so all I have to do is assemble the pages.

I also sketched out where I want things to go so I can make mats and glue and get things completed.

If it requires a punch, I am just taking the ones I actually need for particular pages.

I'm doing Cricut labels in advance, lifting them onto Drywall tape and then putting them on typing paper so I don't have to take my Cricut.

I will take my Slice - I like the way it does smaller letters better and will use it on some and will actually make those letters at the crop. BUt I alreayd know what I want the titles to say.

If I need to ink edges, most of that is already done.

Usually it takes me 10-15 minutes to finish a layout - sometimes 30 minutes to finish one but I go home with a lot of pages finished and I don't take everything I own. I know exactly what I need for each page.

I have a craft wagon which I love and it is the best thing I have ever found for crops. If there is room I put it behind my chair and work out of it. Really keeps it simple!

My Little Red Craft Wagon By Henri Jean

I just make sure I have plenty of ATG tape and my trimmer and the essentials like that. But I don't take a lot of stuff I don't need - and that is easy to do when you plan out all your pages in advance so all you have to do is put them together.

Plus I am able to talk to the ladies and enjoy the crop and not be working through slumps or blocks or trying to come up with ideas. SO many of the ladies just move stuff around on the paper trying to decide what to do - for hours - and then complain becuase they got nothing done. I like to get stuff done at crops!

That cart is amazing Henri. I can see hhow great it would be at a crop.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Cricutgirlg

You must be my sister from another mother! That is exactly what I do. I have about 70 page kits for the crop I'm going to on Saturday and hope to get about 35-40 done that day.

I put it all together, arrange it loosely and draw a sketch so I can reassemble it. They are in files with the embellies and everything I need.

I did 70 pages at one crop. I complete very little - I save the last 10 or 15 minutes to do there.

And like you said, I can socialize and move around more and I can have more fun.

Plus I go home feeling like I really accomplished something!

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to Vae

whats an IRIS box??

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to abbynormaloh75

Angi, an Iris box is a square plastic box that fits 12x12 paper and embellies, about 3" or so tall. They sell them in Michaels or Joanns or whathaveyou, Artbin is another brand. Typically they come in several colors and have handles, and they are FABULOUS for holding paper n stuff.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Juansmom

They really are wonderful! When I travel I take one for my momentos that I pick up along the way. My 12 x 12 case flies on the plane with me inside a large tote bag I use for a carry one because I will not check in my ticket stubs and things for my scrapbook or papers I've picked up along the way.

In the car - it is within arms reach for anything I pick up for our scrapbook - takeout menus and that kind of thing.

I don't put anything in my luggage that would upset me if it got lost and so everything for my scrapbooks travels with me. I even drop my purse in the big tote with the 12 x 12 and a small fold-up stool so I can sit down if my knees start hurting.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans

i used a mimi tote (briefcase size) for tomorrow. It's time for the CK convention! I packed everything on the basic supply list and the stuff for each class. i couldn't possibly get anything else in there ! I do have a few doubles of stuff since I packed for both myself and my daughter.

I probably would have preferred my caddy for the tabls, but didn't want to have stuff fall out while switching rooms/classes, etc. i may take a small basket for the table to throw the basics in.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 4tgrfans

Have fun Keri!

I have a one day crop tomorrow.

There are 7 more Key West pages I would like to have made into kits so that is tonights projects.

If I can do that, and get them all finished tomorrow (big if) - then the next day I can start on the last trip. I just want to get the pages laid out as far as what pictures go on what page. Then I can grab each of those and start making page kits. I have a feeling the last trip will be 50-60 pages - maybe more, maybe less.

Want as much of that underway as possible before we take off again.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans

Whew! I am exhausted. we left at 7:00 am and got home at 10:00 pm. Great time at the convention! I did pick up a few things I knew I could add or make page kits from, so I'll be ready for the crop in November.

Everything is still bagged in the livingroom, we'll go through it tomorrow.

We had such a good time. We didn't finish our class projects, but made it quite a ways through. i hope to work on those tomorrow. i also invested in embossing stuff.....new to me...and am anxious to play with that a bit too.

Happy Scrappy Weekend !

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 4tgrfans

Back from the crop - so much fun yesterday.

Did get 42 pages complete so it was a success. Have about that many more to complete at the crop in 2 weeks but that is a 7 hour crop. May still get them done.

These were all completed except for the really tedious part of gluing and making some mats and putting on letter stickers. I hated the paper I had chosen on two of them and bought new paper for them.

I need to look again at all for the next crop to make sure I don't hate any of my selections becuase there won't be anywhere to buy them at that crop.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Henri - 42 pages? That is awesome!!!

I am busy putting together page kits. OK, not full page kits but at least picking the pp and if I have a particular embellishment to go with the pics. I am trying to limit the amount of paper stacks I take so am only taking a stack if I have multiple sets of pics that it goes with.

Next year I'll try to do better

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

No so much so Peg. The pages were basically done - just had to mat and glue and pick out sticker letters. Didn't even drag out my Slice.

A lot of them just used Lazerline overlays which are so easy! Really love them. I did several for my granddaughter using the Lazerline but everything else was my work but just put together to the point that I could chatter and work at the same time.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

Henri, I admire your system, it seems so effective for you! I just don't see how it could work for me, since as soon as I decide on a paper, placement, embellies, etc...I want to see it right away!! Haha!! I also like to eat my Oreos by biting right in to them...instant gratification!! I don't like to wait for anything!! lol

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to Juansmom

Wow...42 pages ! great job!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-08-12 08:00 AM
In response to 4tgrfans

Nice job Henri!

What is a lazerline?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

I'll post some lazerline overlays. They are really well made and you can get a lot of pages together in a short time. Here's some of my pages with lazerline overlays:

Not sure if this one is lazerline or scrap your trip. It had palm trees in each of the glasses lenses and I cut them out becuase they blocked out the sun in my photo.

Hawaii - Title Page By Henri Jean

These are definitely lazerline:

The Wedding Left 1 By Henri Jean

Back to Hawaii By Henri Jean

Melbourne, Australia - Zoo 1 By Henri Jean

Mexico - Trip to Cancun By Henri Jean

Hawaii, Dec, 2009 - North Shore By Henri Jean

I probably have 200-300 of them (both lazerline and SYT) for differnt counties, baby, food, grilling, zoo, aquarium, tons of beach and cruise overlays - I use them a lot for title pages becuase you can dress them up or use them as they are.

I just put two new layouts in my gallery which are lazerline - one is the one with the Baby footprint with lots of pink and black. The other is the one that says "Precious" and the baby picture. I added the flowers.

I buy from Lazerline about once a year and buy about 25-30 at a time. I buy hundreds of these overlays from SYT.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Henri - 42 pages? That is awesome!!!

I am busy putting together page kits. OK, not full page kits but at least picking the pp and if I have a particular embellishment to go with the pics. I am trying to limit the amount of paper stacks I take so am only taking a stack if I have multiple sets of pics that it goes with.

Next year I'll try to do better

Good for you!! Thats a step in the right direction!!

After my page kit making failure, I think I'm going to load
*my P3 up with a small assortment of papers (covering ROYGBIV, but still...!),
*my CIS XXL tote (tools, art journal/smash book and stuff),
*a class bag (class kit and adhesives),
*a rolling tote (embellies, embossing folders, fabric/felt/ribbon and stuff),
*2 shoulder totes (inks, sprays, paints and stains)
*a 15x15x15 soft sided square bag (more ink, more adhesive, some wood mounted stamps, a binder of cling stamps and a scrap-a-ma-bob).

Oh yeah! And my new wagon!!

I'm toying with bringing a small goose-neck desk lamp just in case.

May have to pack the car before next weekend as a test just to make sure there will be room for my friend and her stuff!

Hmmmm....wonder if it'll save some space if I open the wagon and load it up in the car instead of folding it up......

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
I think someone else mentioned sticking to one theme... do you have a whole bunch of things that are related that you can work on? Like all holidays or all school pics or all... I dunno? I love wine, and so I go on winery tours and things like that as often as I can. So I have probably at least two boxes full of wine-related photos, and another two IRIS boxes full of winery papers and embellies. I could probably just take those and a ton of cardstock and be good for 3 days. If you could narrow it down to a theme, or even a season, that might help. Maybe if you're doing a lot of summer pics you could bring papers that are summer-ish?

I've never been to a crop so I'm no expert. I wish you luck! You could take pics of your car all loaded/scrap area when you get there and do some fun layouts about the experience later

Yes they did and I think its a really great idea!! I may try that for the next crop. That would definitely lighten the load, but if its a loooong crop, I'd pack more than one theme because I'd probably need a change of subject after awhile.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:

So see what you and your friend could possibly share, and then find the best totes/boxes/bags that will easily stack to utilize every inch of cargo space you have

Another great idea!! The crop we're going to also has a "creation station" with die cutting machines there for all to use.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• Henri Jean Said:
They really are wonderful! When I travel I take one for my momentos that I pick up along the way. My 12 x 12 case flies on the plane with me inside a large tote bag I use for a carry one because I will not check in my ticket stubs and things for my scrapbook or papers I've picked up along the way.
In the car - it is within arms reach for anything I pick up for our scrapbook - takeout menus and that kind of thing.

I don't put anything in my luggage that would upset me if it got lost and so everything for my scrapbooks travels with me. I even drop my purse in the big tote with the 12 x 12 and a small fold-up stool so I can sit down if my knees start hurting.

Another great idea!! I usually come home with my paper memorabilia all creased and folded.

Diva
In response to Kim222

You are all brave and very organized. I cannot make a page kit. I am more an impulsive, last minute packer.

Page 6 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics