Username Post: convince Me        (Topic#1580489)
cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

I admit i've been thinking from time to time how i'd like to start a blog but i don't craft half as nice as some of you do. My pages and cards are very austere. so why would i need a blog or a blogspot?

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to cescrapper

Well, maybe you don't!
LOL, what I mean is that blogging isn't for everyone. I suppose it depends on why you think you might want to do it. Do you want to blog to just show everyone your work and have them follow you and comment? If that's the case, then you might be disappointed. Not because your work isn't worthy, but simply because there are thousands of papercrafting blogs out there, many of which offer give-aways, contests, sketches, video tutorials and more. You have to actively promote your blog in most cases, for people to go there at all and even then, you may get no comments whatsoever.

Do you want to blog because you enjoy writing? Well, then you might enjoy it! I follow some papercraft blogs more for the writing than the projects.

Honestly I don't have a blog because I don't want to worry about keeping it up all the time. I know that if they're not posted a lot, people lose interest. I'm not really interested in putting in a lot of work writing, uploading and posting photos, etc just so I can put it in a blog post that nobody looks at.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tinacome

I've played with the idea of putting up a blog to combine my layouts and my travel stories but truth is, it is a lot of work and I have so much on my plate right now.

Just got Facebook up and running and putting travel stuff there and I don't want to keep up both right now. Maybe later.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-07-12 07:28 AM
In response to Henri Jean

I agree with the previous posters. Blogs are wonderful enough but there are so many and they are so much work.
I like the community feel I get on a board like this and keeping up here is plenty for me.

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 09-07-12 07:28 AM

• cescrapper Said:
I admit i've been thinking from time to time how i'd like to start a blog but i don't craft half as nice as some of you do. My pages and cards are very austere. so why would i need a blog or a blogspot?

I would like to do it someday just for myself. An online journal with links to my favorites. One of these days.

Lunie

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-07-12 07:32 AM
In response to Henri Jean

To me, having a blog is something you either just feel the urge to do, or you don't. If you need someone to convince you to do it or give you the reasons, then it's probably not for you. But if you have a strong desire to have one, then that's really the only reason you need. Unless you are looking to be published, I think most people have blogs just because they want to.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Vae

Mehh... I don't do blogs. Don't want one and don't read them.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
To me, having a blog is something you either just feel the urge to do, or you don't. If you need someone to convince you to do it or give you the reasons, then it's probably not for you. But if you have a strong desire to have one, then that's really the only reason you need. Unless you are looking to be published, I think most people have blogs just because they want to.

I have a blog just simply to have one. I recently started it and it still needs some more work. I use it to promote my consulting business and to show some of my work. I sell some things in a local business and thought it would be an easier way for me to get a little more exposure.

I recently started teaching my step-daughters how to scrapbook and plan on showing off theirs too. My boyfriend has started taking a bit of an interest in scrapbooking just because he knows how much I love it. i plan on showing off some of his little treats soon. He has recently started making cards.

Honestly, I only get to update it about once a week though because it does require a lot of time.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to pamela.tx

I got a blog to put my projects all in one spot. I love to craft. I would post pictures on facebook which I am sure some of my non craft friends could careless about. I would have some on my phone, here, there and everwhere. When I want to show someone a project, I can go to one place! My blog!!!!
My blog has inspired me to try different things. More cards. It has taught me to take more pictures of my projects. I try and blog a couple times of week. So far it has worked out for me and I am enjoying it a lot!!!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to binkiemonstermom

Thanks for your imput ladies.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

you want a blog IF,,,,,,

You want to join Design Teams,,,,,,,most of them require you have a blog that you post to several times a week,,,,,,,

AND/OR

You want to join challenges and contests or give aways that aren't here on sb.com,,,,,,,there are tons of fabulous prizes out there, many up for grabs for making a comment (usually a random comment is chosen),,,,,,I've won great prizes by joining a challenge (which can improve your scraping/cardmaking/craft ing) and winning a random draw!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 09-07-12 10:08 AM

• binkiemonstermom Said:
I got a blog to put my projects all in one spot. I love to craft. I would post pictures on facebook which I am sure some of my non craft friends could careless about. I would have some on my phone, here, there and everwhere. When I want to show someone a project, I can go to one place! My blog!!!!
My blog has inspired me to try different things. More cards. It has taught me to take more pictures of my projects. I try and blog a couple times of week. So far it has worked out for me and I am enjoying it a lot!!!

Your blog is beautiful!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

THe only reason I have a blog is for when I submit to an challenge outside of SB.

If you want to do DT work you'd need a blog.

For me -- it's just repeating what I post here. So mine has been pretty silent for awhile.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to ncyankee

I started my blog to promote my business. I truly enjoy having it. I will admit that it is a ton of work though. It takes dedication to maintain a blog.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I LOVE blogging. I started it because it was required for a Design Team position, but I would keep doing it no matter if it were required or not. I love sharing and teaching and writing - my blog lets me do all three.

If you want to blog, go for it! If you don't feel strongly about it, then don't. Or try it out and see if you like it or not.

Best wishes!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to cindy312

blogs are so not for me ... I'm happy to read one that lands in my lap, but I don't seek them out and have zero desire to start one

you could always try it out and then decide if it's for you

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics