Username Post: paints        (Topic#1580507)
scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2

My old Making Memories paints are about gone.Older scrappers will know what I mean. They came in cute little bottles. I need to replace them. What do you buy for all purpose paint?

Edited by scrappin 2 on 09-07-12 05:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Expert
In response to scrappin 2

I just buy the cheap acrylic paint. You can find it just about in any store. Walmart has it the cheapest for about 50 cents a bottle.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to scrappy_day

I have all those old MM cute little bottles of paint, many are dried up. I just never got into using them, just another waste of money on my part. Glad you got use out of yours!
And I too buy the cheapo paint from Walmart, M 's or J 's if I need some for crafty needs. At least I don't have to feel bad about letting them go to waste.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to ChansGram

Cathe, any acrylic paint is fine.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to rockmom

I use cheap acrylic paints too. I recently purchased a lot of Tim Holtz crackle paints and was quite disappointed. I keep going back to me acrylic paints and old fashioned crackle paint...

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to TheCharmedOne

I use the cheap paints too.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to TheCharmedOne

I just buy several basic colors of cheapos in small bottles when M's has their stock-up sale, & I keep larger bottles of black, white, tan & gray to make varied tones with.

@TheCharmedOne: Darn, was hoping for you that you'd gotten some better results from the stock of Crackle Paints you'd gotten once you'd had a chance to try some of the tips people had suggested.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to GemGirl

I use Folk Art acrylic paint by Plaid. Nice and smooth and lots of colors.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to SoonerT

I use the Claudine Helmuth acrylics. The Studio acrylics mix well and have a great smooth consistency. But, it also depends on how often you use them!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Manda_K

Whatever happened to the Apple Barrel paints? I used to use those ones all the time and now all I see is the Folk Art paint. I don't like those as much. Do any of you know where to get the old Apple Barrel paints?

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Lunareclipse

I use acrylic paints:Americana, Apple Barrel, Martha Stewart, Craftsmart...The list goes on. I get them from Michaels Lunareclipse.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Mia1979

Thanks everyone. I have seek Folk Art brand. I'll keep an eye out for Apple Barrel, Claudine Helmuth, Craftsmart etc. I don't want big bottles as I don't use it too much. Thanks again. happy scrappin'

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to scrappin 2

i have several different brands that i like, but as for smaller sizes, claudine helmuth's paints come in great "try me" sizes - in both singles and multi-packs.

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to Kim222

Any acrylic paint on sale for me too!! Walmart carries several brands. But I can never remember what colors I need when I run across a great sale. lol

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics