Username Post: October~December Secret Sister Swap ACTIVE AND CLOSED        (Topic#1580621)
Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-12 03:48 PM
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Waving hello to all. I am in the midst of writing for our 40th anniversary book. It is due tomorrow. Our AO was supposed to do it, but she apparently forgot she promised to do it, so I am hoping to "save the day". I can't tell you how unhappy I am to be doing this right now, especially since I would have had it done weeks ago, if she hadn't volunteered.

was that you??? I'm soooo sorry... did you get it done?

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-12 04:11 PM
In response to 888

Well if you all can do me a favor and keep me in your prayers I have a job interview tomorrow!!!! Thank you

Edited by Nikilynn on 10-04-12 04:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to 888

Nikilynn I claim that job for you!!!

Annett so glad you are doing ok!! Glad you are back.

grandmadora
Resident
grandmadora
In response to RachelUK

Anette, that had to be scary. So sorry it happened to you!

Homemade wine? Do we need a taste testing? I'm a good volunteer!!!

Dora, who's been baking up a storm for the weekend's orders, and is sick of the kitchen.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to grandmadora

Good luck Nikilynn, everything's crossed here:)
Prayers for you Annette.
Rachel sounds like it's all working out for you.
2 weeks in Hawaii sounds amazing!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to amabear62

• amabear62 -Anette Said:
HI ALL!

I am home from the hospital, my heart went into a fib (irregular fast heartbeat). They had to put me under and shock my heart back into rythym and then increased my medication to keep it that way. Lets Hope!

Now to catch up, Have a great day all!

Annette - My dh had the same prob the pass year. He has a pacemaker and finally got his meds balanced, so hang in there and if you have any more issues go straight to the best hospital and REST. Keeping you in my prayers. btw he is a new man since he got his PM.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Sassy Suzi

Good Luck Nikilynn!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-04-12 07:17 PM
In response to Sassy Suzi

Thank you everyone!!! I'm kind of nervous!!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to 888

JCI

ANETTE - Glad you're home, stay well, rest up and chill.

NIKILYNN - Good luck with the job interview.

RACHEL - I'm joining the que for some of the wine!
Hawaii will be so much fun, sand and surf!! ENJOY!!!!!!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to sasload4

I'm asking for your prayers please. My cousin, Vincent is in ICU and is very ill. Here's a brief history:
At 10 (he's 24 now) was diagnosed with a brain tumour on his piturity gland. The gland and tumour were removed.
From the surgery was left with tunnel vision.
From the surgery now has water diabetes, I can't remember the name for it, sorry.
Two years later the tumour grew back, radiation killed it. Vincent has been told that if the tumour comes back again there is nothing else to be done for him.
Has to have hormone shots for the rest of his life.
Developed a rare disease in his right leg that has left it very deformed.
Has such a want for sugar he has put on a terrible amount of weight. The water diabetes.
Two weeks ago had gasteric bypass and was only supposed to be in the hospital THREE days, he's still there.
Since being in hospital he's lost 32lbs and has not eaten by mouth in two weeks.
Developed a severe infection, has liquid in his stomach, turned out to be old blood. Is having severe #2 problems. Scan reveled a hole in his bowl done by the gasteric surgeon.
Yesterday he had a major surgery to remove the part of the bowl with the hole in it, and not only was there a hole, but an abcess too!!!!
He's in ICU with two gastro bags attatched to him and two more drainage bags for the blood that is still going into his stomach.
His Mum passed away when he was 16, he was in hospital then with a massive infection and his big sister passed away 3 years ago.
SO I PLEASE ASK FOR YOUR PRAYERS FOR HIM.

Thanks ladies so much!!

Edited by sasload4 on 10-05-12 12:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to Charisma Sister 2012

• Charisma Sister 2012 Said:
There should be a box arriving next week hummmmm wonder what is in that? So glad you came out to play!!

Awwe your so sweet if you want a Canadian scrapbook store to order from let me know because I can pick it up locally instead of shipping instead of shipping. I will look forward to seeing the package I will need a pick me up next week October is bad month for me next week is the 10 th anniversary of my mom's death and at the end of the month my son's. And to top it all off it's Thanksgiving this weekend

Charisma Sister 2012
New Kid On the Block
Charisma Sister 2012
In response to Charisma3103

Sandra I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. We all think we have problems until we hear someone elses. Then ours seem so little. I pray and claim his recovery soon! May God put his healing hand over Vincent.

Charisma Sister 2012
New Kid On the Block
Charisma Sister 2012

Sister, oh sweet sister Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

StefaniesBigSis
Tenant
StefaniesBigSis

Good Morning Megan Ann, I am here to claim you as my little sister. Have a wonderful day at work and a great long weekend!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to StefaniesBigSis

Anette, I'm so sorry to hear about your heart problems. I hope you're sorted out now. I'm sure that can be very scary!!

Sandra, my goodness what that poor boy has been through!! all that and at such a young age. Good thoughts and prayers sent!

Nikilynn, let us know what happens with the job interview. good luck!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

So the nomad is checking in. I had a blast at Karen's. We played hand & foot till the wee hours. We took her Mom out for dinner for her birthday. She just turned 76. She wanted to go to Bahama Breeze and they don't sing happy birthday to their guests there. So on the way out Karen and I started singing happy birthday to her. She was so funny, and started acting like she was going to hit us with her cane. LOL!! Then the other patrons got involved and started singing with us. LOL!'

She was smiling so big!! It was a great moment!I took Karen to the doctor yesterday and we had the doctor cracking up!! The lady at the front desk came in and said, "I'm going to have to ask one of you to leave......Or else let me join in." hahaha!!! She was great!!

So now I'm at John's. I feel like such a nomad and my poor cat thinks we're homeless!! LOL!! He no sooner gets settled in at one place and I move him to another. He's not taking well to traveling in the car. I should be able to get back in my house at some point today.

Karen and I went by the house yesterday and I guess they pulled a big truck up in my brick patio and put a huge rut in it about 6 feet long. Cracked the concrete all up so I'm wondering if they are going to fix it or not. I'll have to ask my salesman when I see him.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Deb-doodle

Sandra I will be praying for your cousin. Sorry he has had such a rough time.
Deb they definitely need to fix what they runined!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to tinadn

I agree with Tina - those guys need to leave your house exactly as they found it!

I am off to pack my scrap stuff for taking on my holidays to Dubai - we leave lunchtime tomorrow!

Nikilynn - what news on the job front?!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to RachelUK

What a day!

I am about ready for the Looney bin. I am not sure if the house, Andy, or my mom is going to send me over the edge. But rest assure one of them will

Anette: Hugs and I hope you don't have any more issues with your heart. That has got to be scary.

Rachel: I am so jealous of Hawaii. I would give just about anything to be there now.

Deb: I feel for you sweetie. It's a pain in the @ss being homeless. You need to make them pay for the damage to your property.

Well we have been going back and forth with the home owners of the house I would like. They are being "jerks" and not giving on things they need to. I finally got fed up and countered with our best and final offer. If they don't take it I am ready to move on. We do have a second house in the wings if this one falls through.
The bad news is my move has been moved up a week. The movers start packing next Wednesday and move us on Friday. So I am moving in with CRABBY PANTS "a.k.a my Mom for a couple of weeks".

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to RachelUK

Hi Big Sister!

Here are my answers to your questions.

1. What's your favorite snack while scrapping?
Paydays! I love those candy bars.
2. What's your favorite color?
Green
3. What do you watch on TV?
American horror story, SOA, HGTV
4. Whose inks do you like best to ink edges on your pages? Or chalk?I like cats eyes or Tim Holtz distress inks.

5. What's your favorite holiday?
Halloween & ChistmasI can't just pick one! lol

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics