Username Post: Got some more stuff!        (Topic#1580627)
justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007

I went to Michaels today and use there 50% coupon on some things that were on sale. It went from 59.00 to 57.99. I was just going there to get Tim Holtz Distress Ink I got the vintage photo, walnut stain. I wanted a color to so decided on the peeled paint. I thought it would go well with the other two distress ink. I also got another of Tim Holtz stamp called "Visual Artstry" and two Ink Applicateur. I would have gotten another one but they only had two left. They both came with an extra foam pad which is good. I got two decorative scissors one the wave and the other pinking for my pictures or paper they were only a 1.00 each. Then I came across this Advanced tape glider. I wasn't going to get it because it said $44.00 But saw it was on sale for 19.99. So. decided to get it I figure I could save on a little bit of money and could also use it to matt some photos. I got the best of both worlds really.

Now going to play with my stuff. Epecially the distress ink. I was wondering can you use distress ink on paintings too?

Justie

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to justartguy007

It looks like you had a fun shopping day :>) I'm trying to build up my stash of the distress ink. I have more reinkers than I do pads, but I use them to make glimmer sprays and just to play around. I bought my ATG here at the superstore when the pink ones first came out and they had a special sale on them...half price it seems like. Then I bought one for my daughter for Christmas and hers was even cheaper. I use mine all the time...love it, but sometimes it sticks too good...like when I get something laid down crooked and the ATG adhesive doesn't want to let it go! When it says "permanent", it means permanent. Have fun playing~Judy

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsdriver5

ATG is serious about being permanent - but I'm glad it is becuase the pages hold together like I want them to!

Enjoy your new toys Justie - the ATG takes a few minutes to get used to - then nothing else feels quite right.

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to mrsdriver5

Thanks I sure will... I am going to build up my distress ink in the future. If I decided I might want to contunie use them. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Justie

Here my blog if any of you like to take a look. It nothing much but hope to be better at it in the future. http://wwwjustie.blogspot.com

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

ATG is my go to tape!!! I love it! I want my pages or cards to hold, and it does!!!! It takes a little bit to get used to but the great thing is that I can always find it on my crafting table!!! You can't lose that thing!!! I have even seen people decorate their ATG guns!!! NOW that's LOVE!!!!!
I love distressed inks. I used them often!!!! I am starting to need reinkers now!!!
I have enjoyed blogging. It has made me craft more and do different things than I normally would. Off to look at your blog!!!!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to binkiemonstermom

I am your first follower!!!!! Keep going!!! I haven't been blogging that long and I am up to 16 followers!!! Which doesn't sound like a lot but I have a blog I follow and she is WONDERFUL and has like 4 followers!!! Don't get discouraged, some people still visit but just don't follow!

Also, some advice I got when I first started, make your comments as easy as possible! You will get a lot more comments. I took off the "prove your not a robot" part and I do seem to get comments more often. Some people don't like to do the verify, and sometimes the verify part is all messed up and the person can't read it and they get discouraged and leave.

Stampin' Up has a new digital program that you can try free for 30 days, I have seen a lot of blog art done with it! (not to mention hybrid scrapbooking pages, cards, calandars, books). But for free!!!! You have nothing to loose!!! (see my blog for details). I have to say, I am not the best on digital, but I have been playing with mine for the last week or so!!

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007

Thanks for looking at my blog... I figure out what you meant I turned off the veritication to be able for you and others to comment back easier. I hate those things too on blogs or other sites. I want to comment on but also understand not wanting alot of spam or rude comments. So, I decided to make sure I don't get any spams or "rude" or nasty comments. All comments will be sent to my email for approval before being posted on my blog. So, that way I can see if I have any spam or just rude comments. I don't mind comments on how to make something better or to improve on. But ones that just say meaning and rude things. If there one I don't care for. I don't say anything at all. If I do I try to maybe give them comments to help them improve their projects. I see alot of rude and nasty remarks on people youtube channels I visited over the couple of years. I have to say half time why a lot of them sent those comments for. Sometimes you just never understand people.

Justie

Edited by justartguy007 on 09-13-12 04:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I can understand that, lots of bloggers do it. I don't but I review comments, I can always delete comments that I don't want. I have yet to have a nasty one, fingers crossed that I don't get one either!!! But I wuold just delete it. Blogger is good about cutting spam too! Enjoy your blog!!!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

Hey Justie, it looks like you had fun while shopping today! Now that you started your distress ink collection, I really recommend you to YouTube "Thinking Inking". It a series of video/tutorials all related to ink techniques....I'm warning you now, after you watch it, you'd want to get everything that you see. Have fun

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to GIGIGI30

Thanks GIGIGI30 I think you might be right on about wanting everything in sight. I was kind of like that the other day in Michaels. I did make a couple of little project with the distress inks. If you want to check them out head over to my blog got it up on there.

http://wwwjustie.blogspot.com

Edited by justartguy007 on 09-13-12 08:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Have you seen the way you use small amounts of Oxi clean crystals on the distressed ink tags or cards? It is gorgeous. Also, Justie, you will love the ATG. I watched it and read about it for a year and then finally bought it... I have never looked back. I would be lost without it. I always keep 2 rolls of tape on hand just in case.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

• justartguy007 Said:
Thanks GIGIGI30 I think you might be right on about wanting everything in sight. I was kind of like that the other day in Michaels. I did make a couple of little project with the distress inks. If you want to check them out head over to my blog got it up on there.

http://wwwjustie.blogspot.com

Oh yes, forgot to tell you that on my other post. Saw them already and think you did a great job..Keep it up!!

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Nope didn't really notice that but glad you like it. I'm not sure if I'll use them as cards or tags. But think they will be use for my heitage albums. Like for journaling information on.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I wanted to thank you for the "follow" on my blog!!!

Also on the ATG....you can use a coupon and get refills for 50% at Michaels but you can also order in bulk. There is a framing shop that I use online to order mine. Never had a problem and love having all the adhesive I need! I will be placing an order in October to stock up again before my weekend retreat.

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007

No problem and thank you for following my blog too. It might not be a lot on there but I guess everyone has different taste and style, lol.

Justie

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I bet I order from the same place and get 48 boxes of 2 rolls each at a time. I'm over half finished with this box.

I take a couple extra boxes to crops becuase someone alwyas runs out and I let them have a roll for the discounted price I paid - I don't mine. I don't buy them to make money.

But I've run out of ATG at a crop and spent a fortune buying those little runners so now I take all I will need and a few extras if someone else needs a roll.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Henri Jean

Tape is always my first priority to take to a retreat. I am not thrilled with the little tape runners either!!!
Do you remember the name of the website Henri?? I always have to search for it when I need another order....I need to bookmark it!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I'll look tomorrow. I saved it somewhere but it could be on the old computer I packed away - just know I have it.

Let me try on place on this computer real quick... (my husband just went to bed so I need to get ready for bed, we have an agreement that we go to bed together every night and he's calling me but I'll check quickly...)

I found it, I did copy it onto this computer!

http://www.framingsupplies.com/3M/ScrapbookersTapeGu nsa... - that will take you write to the page to order. Is that the one you wanted?

Diva
In response to Henri Jean

Such a nice feeling when you can get so m any goodies at a lower price! Good for you!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to bayamonesa1

That's it!!! Bookmarked it now!!! Thank you!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics