Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Jello No Bake Cheesecake        (Topic#1580647)
Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

I LOOOOOOOVE cheesecake. Different flavors, different styles. Just love it.

BUT I haven't tried the no bake style.....yet.

Thumbs up? Thumbs down?
What do you say about it?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-12-12 01:40 PM
In response to Kim222

I don't make desserts if I can help it so I'm useless on your question, but have you tried the Philly ready-to-eat cheesecake filling? I'm thinking just add chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough and give me a spoon, lol.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to stick

I have had it and it ok I guess if I was served it somewhere and there is no other dessert. I guess I would compare it to any other instant pudding. Instant pudding is ok but from scratch is much better.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to stick

My mother makes the Cheesecake in a box and adds and extra 8 oz cream cheese. To me, it still tastes like cheesecake from a box - very instant. Like comparing instant pudding to cooked pudding. No comparison to me. I don't like it. When my mother makes it I pass and don't eat it and I love cheesecake.

Here is my cheesecake recipe that is so simple. Nothing to it really and it is really excellent. You need a springform pan for it though but they aren't expensive if you don't have one.

Every time I take this somewhere someone asks for the recipe and it is excellent and simple.

CHEESECAKE

Preheat oven to 350

Graham Cracker Crust
1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup butter, softened
¼ cup sugar

Mix together and press in the bottom of an ungreased springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes and let cool. Then turn the oven to 375 for the filling.

Filling
2 packages (8 oz ea) cream cheese – room temperature
I only use Philly regular
3 unbeaten eggs
1 tsp vanilla
¾ cup sugar

Mix cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar until creamy. You can use the mixer but do not overbeat. Use the very lowest speed of the mixer and be careful not to incorporate any air into it to make it fluffy. That will cause the cheesecake to dry out and crack. You just want it creamy, which is why you want your cream cheese room temp.

Add the eggs one at a time and mix on low just until the yolks disappear or blend in. Then stop mixing it.

Pour over baked crust and put back in the oven for 25 minutes. When it is done it will be jiggly in the center. The center will not be set and will jiggle if you shake the pan. I just take it out in 25 minutes and its always been perfect.

Leave oven at 375.

Sour Cream Topping Layer
8 oz sour cream
2 TBS sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Stir this together – will mix in a small bowl with a spoon just fine. Pour over cooled cheesecake, return to oven and bake 5 minutes.

Let cheesecake chill at least 24 hours before cutting. I spread a chilled can of cherry pie filling over the top but blueberry pie filling works well too.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

I have a to-die for pumpkin cheesecake recipe - if anyone wants it I will search for it.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Oh yeah, pumpkin cheesecake! Hit me!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Manda_K

I love the jello cheesecake,,,,,only thing my family will eat,,,,,but we add a whole package of cream cheese too,,,,,,,we add a splash of milk, about a 1/4 cup of sugar to the cream cheese, whip that,,,,,,,then in a separate bowl, we make the boxed cheesecake and then fold in the cream cheese mixture,,,,,,,,,,deliciou s,,,,,,,,,,topped with cherries is extra special

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

OK, I have to tell you all a funny story about jello cheesecake,,,,,,

when I was a kid, my father was Jewish, so our christmas celebrations were pretty low key,,,,,,didn't celebrate much,,,,,

but when I got married, my husband's family did it up big,,,,,,,so the first year I figured I'd bring a cheesecake as my share,,,,,

red and green are christmas colors, right? Yeah, I tinted the cheesecake GREEN and dumped red cherries on top of it,,,,,,

it looked pretty sick

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Manda_K

Deep fried cheese cakes

Make them according to the directions. Spread a little on soft tortia shells. Roll closed and maybe pin closed with tooth picks. Deep fry for under a minute. Top with powdered sugar and strawberry, cherry, apple, or whatever

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Ms.Schwiet

I love the Jello No-Bake! It doesn't taste the same as "real" cheesecake, obviously, but my whole extended family eats eat it up fast. Even my dh who doesn't really eat desserts at all gets seconds on it. I prefer it with a topping, but my dh prefers it plain.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

I use no-bake when I want a quick to make desert. I don't always have the time to make a real cheesecake.

However, I don't share my real cheesecakes with my family because I already make pumpkin pie from scratch and the whipped cream from scratch and they won't let me just buy that stuff anymore. I must make it for holidays and I must not use canned pumpkin or buy cool whip. I have disappointed my mom the last time I did.

By the way I never get any of the pumpkin pie or whipped cream but I'm told it's delicious.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to foltzy

I like it, but it's not real cheesecake.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to foltzy

My mom is not the best cook and doesn't care to try. When I was younger she made a no-bake 'cheesecake.' Of course, as kids, we loved it.

When I started cooking myself, she said she'd share the recipe but it was 'secret.'
Hmmmmm.... yeah mom!!! It's the recipe that was (maybe still is) printed on the Cool Whip and/or Philly Cream Cheese packages for YEARS!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

I'll dig up the pumpkin cheesecake recipe after dinner. It looks difficult - is super easy and pretty fool proof.

My mom and brother love the box cheesecake with the extra cream cheese but if I will make them one of mine, they loose all interest in the boxed cheesecakes.

Green cheesecake with red cherries. I don't even want to imagine. How funny.

I make a cheesecake fruit salad dressing which everyone who has had it loves it! One year I made it for Easter and told my son to put a drop or two of red or blue food coloring to make it a pretty pastel. He put so much food coloring in it - we had bright blue fruit salad dressing!

Here is the fruit salad dressing - and it will stir together with a spoon.

8 oz Philly cream cheese
7 oz jar Kraft Marshmallow cream
1 TBL orange juice or maraschino cherry juice
A drop or two of food coloring - optional II don't add it)

Just mix it together with a spoon. You may have to add more liquid - it has to be thin enough to ladle over the fruit salad but still pretty thick - if that makes sense. You will know the right consistency when you see it - trust me. It tastes like the cheesecake filling and is wonderful with any kind of fruit.

If I feel like getting fancy I cut a fresh pineapple lengthwise and make two "boats" when the pineapple is removed with the leaves still attached. I put the fruit salad dressing in those and put one on each end of the table. Very fancy for a nice dinner party.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-12-12 05:17 PM
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
By the way I never get any of the pumpkin pie or whipped cream but I'm told it's delicious.

If ANYBODY ate my pumpkin pie and my whipped cream and did not let me have a piece they would die. So if (when?) you hear about a crazy thanksgiving pie-related murder it is me, please bring me pumpkin pie as I languish in jail.

I insist on having pumpkin pie w/ whipped cream for breakfast the day after thanksgiving as well. Luv me my pie!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to stick

• stick Said:
I don't make desserts if I can help it so I'm useless on your question, but have you tried the Philly ready-to-eat cheesecake filling? I'm thinking just add chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough and give me a spoon, lol.

No-I haven't tried that yet, but I could skip the chips and use a ladle

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• Henri Jean Said:
I have a to-die for pumpkin cheesecake recipe - if anyone wants it I will search for it.

Thanks for the recipe, Henri! I may just give it a whirl.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
Deep fried cheese cakes

Make them according to the directions. Spread a little on soft tortia shells. Roll closed and maybe pin closed with tooth picks. Deep fry for under a minute. Top with powdered sugar and strawberry, cherry, apple, or whatever

I've had these at restaurants and they are DELISH, but the coating was different. Like they were dipped in some kind of batter.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

But I'll bet your Christmassy cheesecake was still good to eat, Holly, right?! Even if they chose to eat it with their eyes closed

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
I use no-bake when I want a quick to make desert. I don't always have the time to make a real cheesecake.

However, I don't share my real cheesecakes with my family because I already make pumpkin pie from scratch and the whipped cream from scratch and they won't let me just buy that stuff anymore. I must make it for holidays and I must not use canned pumpkin or buy cool whip. I have disappointed my mom the last time I did.

Oh for shame. If that were me, I'd be having a piece or nobody else would be either!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics