Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Jello No Bake Cheesecake        (Topic#1580647)
Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

What great idea, Henri, for the fruit salad dressing and serving it in pineapple halves!!

Pineapple topped cheesecake is my fave, with blueberry a very close second.

Diva
In response to Kim222

I am the lazy one... I will go to the Chessecake factory at Millenia Mall to enjoy a slice, and no baking for me!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bayamonesa1

I vote for the white chocolate cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory - in Waikiki!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Just found the pumpkin cheesecake recipe. Will be tyhping it into my recipe file this morning and then copy/pasting it to bring it over here.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

Never had it; I'd feel too guilty to make any dessert out of a box. My baking is from scratch.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to t-scraps

Pumpkin Toffee Cheesecake
The best of both worlds – Cheesecake and Pumpkin Pie

1 ¾ cups (about 14-16) shortbread cookies, crushed
1 TBL butter, softened or melted
3 pkgs (3 oz each) cream cheese – softened to room temp
1 ¼ cups packed brown sugar
1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin (not pie filling) – I use Libby’s
2/3 cups (5 oz can) Evaporated Milk (I use Carnation)
2 large eggs
2 TBL cornstarch
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup crushed toffee candies (I crush up Heath Bars and I used the packaged toffee)
8 oz sour cream, room temperature
2 TBL sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
Caramel ice cream topping is optional but I use it

Preheat Oven to 350.

Crust
Combine crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. I let it go up the sides about 1 inch but you don’t have to.

Bake 6-8 minutes (do not brown it) and then let it cool for 10 minutes.

Filling
Beat cream cheese and brown sugar on a lower speed until creamy. Do not whip it or beat it until air is incorporated to make it fluffy. Just mix it well. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, cornstarch and cinnamon. Mix until it is all well mixed but when all the ingredients are blended – stop mixing. Pour over crust.

Bake for 60-65 minutes or until edge is set but the center still moves slightly. Remove from oven and top with toffee candy pieces.

Topping
Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Spread over warm (but not hot) cheesecake.

Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely

Refrigerate overnight. Drizzle the caramel ice cream topping over the top – I put it in a squeeze bottle and make a pattern with it.

To serve, remove sides of springform pan and slice. Makes a beautiful presentation.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Kim - I found a recipe for Pina Colada cheesecake in my file but I've never tried it. That may be a really good recipe for you if you like pineapple on cheesecake. I love pineapple!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

Pineapple topped pina colada cheesecake...what could be bad?!?!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
I LOOOOOOOVE cheesecake. Different flavors, different styles. Just love it.

BUT I haven't tried the no bake style.....yet.

Thumbs up? Thumbs down?
What do you say about it?

thumbs up. my mom has used this for years.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Lamoo12

Henri, while you are searching for recipes see if you can find one for carrot cake cheesecake. I had it once at an Olive Garden over 20 years ago and have never been able to find a recipe for it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to NMlady

That sounds awesome - I'll search around. Carrot Cake cheesecake... that really is the best of both worlds. I'll look now.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 09-17-12 08:06 AM

I LOVE the Jell-O no bake "cheesecake," however, I would't call it cheesecake exactly. It's just "dessert" to me. You really can't compare it to real cheesecake! Real cheesecake is my FAVORITE!

Does anyone have a recipe for a good strawberry topping? That's DS's favorite, but I don't like the strawberry glaze. I had some cheesecake a while back at Longhorn's Steakhouse and it had the absolute best strawberry topping. It was kind of thin, not syrupy and had some pieces of strawberry in it, but they were small and it wasn't super chunky. It was GOOD!

scrappy_day
Guru
scrappy_day
In response to LeeLo

After reading this thread, guess what I made last night? Strawberry Jello no bake cheesecake. It is nothing like REAL cheesecake but it is a dessert. And I love desserts!!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to LeeLo

• LeeLo Said:
I LOVE the Jell-O no bake "cheesecake," however, I would't call it cheesecake exactly. It's just "dessert" to me. You really can't compare it to real cheesecake! Real cheesecake is my FAVORITE!

Probably like the Jello Temptations cheesecake thingys. They're good, but not exactly cheesecake.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics