Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Craft Wars - Yea or Nay?        (Topic#1580653)
Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

So we have seen several episodes now, What do you REALLY think about Craft Wars?

Craft Wars
LOVE it! can't wait for the next episode
HATE it, will explain in a post
You may choose one option.
Votes accepted from 09-12-12 04:06 PM to 10-01-13 04:06 PM.
View results
You are not allowed to vote in this poll.

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I haven't seen it yet. I will see if they have past episodes on Netflix.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Pouncedeleon

Have not seen it. Wasn't it cancelled or did I get info wrong?

pastorwife
Veteran
pastorwife
In response to Henri Jean

The only thing I liked about Craft Wars was when Cheryl Darrow won. She is so amazingly talented. Check her out at Ten Second Studio.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to pastorwife

I need a middle option. While I don't LOVE the show, I LOVE that it exists. Two of my friends appeared and I LOVED that. I LOVE that crafting is so popular right now. I don't especially love the challenges or the judging, but neither keeps me from watching. The only thing I truly HATE is the ridiculous voice-overs/dubbing.

Cindy

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
Have not seen it. Wasn't it cancelled or did I get info wrong?

The first season is over. It was planned as an 8 (I think) episode summer fill, with the possibility of returning in the future.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to cindy312

Ugh, I hated it. I watched maybe 3 episodes and then took it off my DVR's schedule. I think the challenges are ridiculous, the dubbing is irritating, and the judges drove me nuts with the hypocritical statements (I also didn't agree with most of their opinions, so that didn't help! LOL).

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to siameseplease

Yeah, I only watched like 3 eps before I started throwing things at the TV!

IleneM 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Manda_K

I actually like Tori on her reality show but hated her on this. That bright red lipstick was horrible. Yes, the voiceovers and judges reading from a script was very distracting and I felt contestants were reading too. But I did like that they featured men as well as women.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to IleneM

I kind of love to hate it ...

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to madmatter

Well, I didn't hate it, but it was no Honey Boo Boo either.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to 950nancy

there can only be one Honey Boo Boo

(thank G-d)

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to madmatter

I only watched the first couple episodes and I really didn't like it.
I didn't like the way the show was laid out and I didn't like the type of "crafts" they had the contestants doing....
I imagine a craft show as making smaller, craft projects.....I have no interest in watching people compete to make a playhouse or patio furniture....

Alison

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to kiyawinn

it hasn't been on here for awhile now. I think I watched about 3 episodes. Is it still on even?

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to kiyawinn

Absolutely hated the show. That was not crafting and felt embarrassed for the contestants and hope they didn't want a future job in the carfting bussiness after that.

The judges were constantly mean on purpose! They and tori were horrible to people. Crafting is an art and their way of doing things isn't the only way.

Thank goodness the season is over and sadly I hope this show doesn't come back for a second season!

Sorry.

You should find our craft wars previous posts. Those were hilarious!

Edited by Cindyckj on 09-12-12 06:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to IleneM

• IleneM Said:
I actually like Tori on her reality show but hated her on this. That bright red lipstick was horrible. Yes, the voiceovers and judges reading from a script was very distracting and I felt contestants were reading too. But I did like that they featured men as well as women.

OMG HOw did I forget that! Constantly you could tell that they edited over things and added words that that hadn't been said at the time of filming. And they did a horroble job at that cause you could so tell!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Cindyckj

I watched 4 episodes. Friends of mine were in two of them. I loved watching their shows, but really could have passed on the rest. One thing I found annoying was how they give you upcoming clips before the commercial, then repeat the clips post-commercial, and then finally show everything. A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G. A lot of reality shows do that, though.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Luvmyfam

I liked the snark-fests on here. We don't get the show, so it was fun reading people's opinions "live" so to speak.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Saw about 5 minutes of it... that was all I could stand. The wreaths they were making were horrid.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to t-scraps

I didn't really hate it but didn't like it either. The one hour I wasted on this show they made playhouses out of school supplies. It didn't hold my interest enough to tune in for another episode.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics