Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: How do you know when is enough to put on a layout?        (Topic#1580677)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bayamonesa1

I'm the same way. Now that I'm doing some of my new granddauhter's layouts I'm getting outside my box a bit. I really got outside my comfort zone with one of my daughter-in-law but that layout almost worked itself and I scraplifted the main idea.

But that aside, my style is clean and simple - I may get outside my comfort zone now and again to play, but that isn't my style.

KDQ
KDQ 
Guru
KDQ
  • KDQ on 10-16-12 06:25 PM

Sometimes the simpler the better. I like to arrange things on my page before gluing anything down. That way I can add or remove items before it is permenate.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to KDQ

It is easy to get caught up in all the pretty stuff/techniques that are out there for scrapbooking. Just because they exist does not mean you gotta use them for every layout. I quit when the layout has lost sight of what I am focusing on...the picture(s).

Diva
In response to Trina_P

Thank you so much for all your commnets. Very helpful!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

There are two trains of thought on this question - PICK ONE! (1) When you think you have enough, add one more embellie; and (2) When you think you have enough, take one thing off. That's the fun thing about scrapping - there are no hard and fast rules. And there's always going to be someone out there who looks at your layout and says, "Gee, I wish I could do that!"

Diva
In response to dwelch

Thank you for the ideas. I tend to work on my oages , then I lok here and is like..wow...how can they put so many different liettle things and they still look good?

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics