Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Did anybody pick up the eBosser?        (Topic#1580693)
michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories

It just sold out (on HSN). I was wondering what everybody thought of it?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to michellesmakingmemories

I had it on pause while I took my pup outside, so I'm watching it right now. So far, I'm not convinced that I have to have it, but did you happen to see what kind of die she used to cut through 6 layers of fabric at once?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Also---don't understand why if they're pushing the "big format", why did they only go 8.5x12? Why not a full 12x12 at that point?

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to Kim222

I turned over from the football game so I missed the demo. Last night she cut out fabric too and I believe she used Sizzix Bigz die, not sure if it was the same tonight.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to michellesmakingmemories

Earlier today she was cutting fabric and it didn't quite cut through all the fabric and then she was trying to cutt was something and she got it stuck and couldn't get it out and that was right after she said that that couldn't happen. I'm deffinately out.

Expert
In response to Cindyckj

ok..I must be the only one..I bought it...figure if it doesn't work out I can send it back. Waited till the end...got it just before it sold out. I wont be doing 6 layers of anything, so not worried about it not cutting. But I would like a machine that can cut any die...and at my age..that cranking thing is getting old..lol.
Anyone else who will admit to purchasing it?

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to deedee49

I had it in my cart and took it out ... I wanted it bad, but I thought it sounded really LOUD during the demo ... very disappointed

I think I need to see it in person before I make a decision

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to madmatter

I purchased it and then canceled my order. Since it is a new machine, I am concerned with issues. Perhaps I will get it down the line or get something that can do a full 12".

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to HisGEM

I ordered it. I've been looking at the Grand Calibur for a while but I was waiting for the true 8 1/2x 11 to be available in stores so I could use a coupon. Since I don't scrapbook much and don't purchase 12x12 papers, I have no interest in a larger format (or I might have gone for the Fiskars Fuse). I figure for the same price everywhere else, the HSN deal had a little more value with the addition of the rubber mat, the 3 embossing folders, the free shipping, and the easy pay. If I don't like it or it doesn't work right, I can always return it and only pay shipping one way and I'm not out the full $199 all at once. Christmas is a comin' and my arm is already hurting from all the cranking with my Epic6. Most importantly, I turn the big 4-0 in 2 weeks; I might as well treat myself to a really nice big day present...

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to traceyjean

Happy Birthday Tracyjean!

Chris

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Juansmom

That will be an awesome birthday present!

I just got a Big Shot and I have to see if I'm going to use it before I step up.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to Henri Jean

I got and I can't wait to try it. I have a cuttlebug now and I like it but most of the time the feet don't stick right and when I use one of the thicker dies I have to really push it to get the roller to pick it up and with the smaller plates it tends to shift more. I was thinking of getting the Big Shot but then I saw this and I figure if it doesn't work I can send it back but if it does I'm going to love the easy pay.

I didn't think it sounded any louder than TH Vagabond. I've watched a couple of his videos and the ebosser videos and they sound about the same. For sure it's louder than the cuttlebug but we'll see. Can't wait for it to get here.

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to Scrapingbliss

I would love to know what you guys think once you get it home and use it.

I was on the fence about it. I agree with some of the other posters who wished it was 12" as that would have set it apart a bit more and probably have gotten me.

Congrats to all who did get it! Getting a new scrapbooking toy is the best!

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
Happy Birthday Tracyjean!

Chris

Many thanks, Chris As you can see from my avatar, I look more and more like my momma every day. But since all the guys I know think she's a cutie, that may not be such a bad thing...

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean

I got mine today! Can't wait to find time to try it out tonight...

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

I got mine yesterday and already have problems. I can cut the large sizzix dies with no problem, but when I try to cut the spellbinder dies their recommended sandwich spits out half way through...which means it's too big. So I tried all the other combos I could think of and it either spits it out or goes through without cutting. I've tried 2 different sets of spellbinders. I called them, they walked me through all the things they could think of and then told me they didn't know what to tell me, this is a new product and they've tested and tested all the sandwiches and it should work. Well, it didn't so what now? She finally took my info and they are going to let the tech team look at it and see if they can get the same issue.

We'll see what happens.

Expert

uh oh..mine came today ..haven't opened the box yet. Maybe I'll wait for some more comments here.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to deedee49

I really, really hope no one else has issues and this is just a defective machine and they replace it. I really want it to work. The embossing is gorgeous and the sizzix cuts are very clean...it's just the thin dies I can't get to work. They assure me it has been tested and they have no record of this kind of issue. I'm waiting to see here if anyone else has an issue.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Good news!!! I may have figured out the problem...Note Spellbinder dies do not appear to be thin dies by their sandwich configuration. They never had me take the shim out of the equation and all the ones I tried I never took it out. However, I have a thin Sizzix nestie die that ran through tonight with the thin die sandwich and it worked. Then I took the shim out and ran the spellbinder dies and they all worked!! They are the same thickness as the Sizzix nestie but they don't run as a thin die.

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories

Yay! Glad you figured it out! I sincerely hope it does turn out to be a great purchase too. I sure would love to have a reason to purchase it!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics