Username Post: Help with glue        (Topic#1580695)
Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 09-13-12 07:34 PM

I had been using The mono adhesive but broke down and bought a ATG which I love. BUT how do you glue small (tiny peices down? I was using a scotch glue that had a fine tin and a large tip but I found it was goopy and leaked so I bought a ZIG 2way glue pen but I find that if I get a tiny amount on the sides or front of the small peices they turn tacky since it is repositionable once it dries. And it dries so fast that I rarely get a permanent stick. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better glue? Smaller tape dispenser?

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to Cinj

I've used all that you mentioned. One you didn't mention is TomBow Multipurpose glue. That's my favorite. One way to help your items have less tack on the front is to put the glue where you are placing the next layer instead of putting it on the back of the smaller piece. Does that make sense?

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to sweet1

I'm not sure about a smaller tape dispenser, but I squirt out some glue on a paper plate and use a thin/small paint brush for my intricate paper piecing pieces (?). You just have to make sure to clean your brush when you're done using it. HTH

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to michellesmakingmemories

For small items to be glued down, I like to hold it with a tweezers, I think the one I have is from Memory Makers. But then I can add glue to the piece and position it with no problem! I also use the ATG differently for those small items, I hold the piece with the tweezers then touch it against the glue roller and it adheres perfectly, then put it on the card or page and it is done! I hope that mad sense

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to catzscrapper

I got something called "embellie gellie" which is pretty cheap and it's one of those things that you can't live without it as a scrapper, IMO. I think I pay $5 or $6 for it shipping included. It allows you to hold small items (embellishments, die-cuts, rhinestones, etc.) and apply glue to it and then position where you want it. Check it out, you won't be dissapointed!

Embellie Gellie

and a video here: Video

Happy Bday by the way!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics