Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Cuttlebug purchase - mistake or brilliant move?        (Topic#1580713)
Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

I purchased a Cuttlebug a few months ago, along with a few templates/cartriges/dies/ whatever you call them. But as of yet I have not even taken it out of the box. I know they are compatible with other machines dies(?), based on other posts in the forum, but not sure which, definitively. I'd love to start using it, or take it back to M's. Any input? Did I make a mistake purchasing, or make a mistake not using it yet? I guess I'd really like a cricut, but this was so much cheaper...

Chris

Edited by Juansmom on 09-14-12 12:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rebeccakeppel
Idol
rebeccakeppel
In response to Juansmom

I got my Cuttlebug a long time ago and still use it for embossing. I dont use it for die cutting as much, but I do occasionally and you can use it with lots of companies dies (Sizzix, Spellbinders etc).

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Juansmom

Take it out the box RIGHT NOW.

Play with it, love it.

I have a Big Shot, but it's basically the same thing. I do admit to being a teeny bit apprehensive when I first got it, now I sleep with it under my pillow.

Oh, and get some Spellbinders. They go together like peas and carrots.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to kelseymel

Oh, and since I got my BS my poor Cricut sits in the corner collecting dust.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to kelseymel

I have a cuttlebug and a cricut .....use both & love both!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-14-12 01:40 PM
In response to melissadam

I have a BigShot and a Gazelle, I find them both immensely useful because they do different things.

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to stick

I have both the Cricut and the Cuttlebug - they are both WONDERFUL! Take it out and use it! You will love it! I have a few spellbiders I use with it and love them but I still use my Cricut on a regular basis.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to crazycricut

Get that sucker out and play with it! You'll love it in no time. The you'll wonder why it took you so long.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Juansmom

I'm determined to get my stamps organized today and not spend lots of time on the forum...but I HAD to see what you're all up to while I'm gone.

A few days ago I posted a bunch of stuff about the cuttlebug. My post also included the creatopia, but skip over the top parts and go down to the 'bug stuff.

I didn't do much with my 'bug at first, but my daughter comes over most Thursday nights to scrap with me and she started using it. I figured if she could use my bug, so could I...and it's great! I've got a cricut expression + cameo, but the bug is so nice for quick, smaller stuff.

I just got my embossing pad in today's ups delivery from sb. I'm anxious to play with it with my nesties, but not now...stamps are awaiting me...~Judy

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showpost.php?post/15589...

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to mrsdriver5

Nope.. you did NOT make a mistake. It is a wonderful kind of bug. Check out some ideas on youtube. After a few times, you will be so thankful that you bought it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Oh honey, you poor thing you,,,,,you do not yet know the joys of SPELLBINDERS ADDICTION!!!!!!!!

get that baby out of there and start playing! You will fall in LOVE!!!!! I use mine ten times more than I use my cricut!!!!!!! (poor neglected cricut, don't worry, mama's fixing to use you really soon for holiday cards!)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

I mean NOT that I'd DREAM of enabling or anything,,,,,,,,,,BUT,,,, ,
Products Referenced in This Post:

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

and that's barely scratching the SURFACE.

re-mortgage your house.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

LMAO Holly you enabler you!!!

seriously though take that baby out play with it. my dh bought me mine gosh maybe 4 yrs ago and it gets used ALOT. and now that i have a nice "collection" of spellbinders it gets even more use.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Briannasmom

Love my Cuttlebug ... I use it for embossing and some TH dies and spellbinders (love you Holly)

my Cricut is not used as often as it should be, but I still love it

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to madmatter

I have a big shot and an expression and love them both. And with Holly enabling how do you keep it in the box.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Sneezy1956

I have a cuttlebug, big shot, big shot pro, and a cricut....I use them all!!!!! The cuttlebug is good for my smaller stuff. I think my big shot is probably my mosted used machine. I don't consider ANY of them to be mistakes!!! They are TOOLS!!!!!

Tahi
Tahi 
Pro
Tahi
  • Tahi on 09-15-12 08:41 AM
In response to binkiemonstermom

I have the big shot and I've been thinking on getting rid of it to buy the cuttlebug... but I don't know if it's such a good idea... I mostly cut spellbinder dies.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-15-12 08:55 AM
In response to Tahi

Tahi, the Big Shot and the Cuttlebug are almost exactly the same, with the same functionality. The biggest difference is that the 'Bug folds up and is probably easier to transport if you go to crops regularly. So, I say keep your Big Shot and spend your money on more Nesties!

Edited by stick on 09-15-12 08:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tahi
Tahi 
Pro
Tahi
  • Tahi on 09-15-12 09:13 AM
In response to stick

yeah but the reason why is the space I have very little but yeah I better do that lol thanks

oh oh and I LOVE LOVE your shoes

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics