Username Post: Mailing shadow box card???        (Topic#1580737)
New Kid On the Block

I am thinking about making cute shadowbox cards for Christmas, but I am super worried about mailing them. Has anyone mailed this type of card? Do bubble envelopes work for this type? Or will get delivered all smashed flat? Or do I need to get little flat rate boxes, which might be cost prohibitive.

Thanks!
Erin

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to mtchick621

I've never made a shadow box card, but I googled it! Does it fold flat and then pop up? Or is it actually like a box? If it's the latter, you can mail it in a small box via USPS First Class Mail (not flat rate) for probably less than $2. If you plan on making a lot of them, I highly recommend purchasing boxes from Uline. They have every size imaginable, for good prices.

Sorry I can't be more help, but good luck!

New Kid On the Block
In response to michellesmakingmemories

The cards are about 1/4" deep. And stay that way like a box. I think I am going to try mailing one to myself in a bubble mailer and see if it survives.

Thanks!

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to mtchick621

Ah, you'll have to let us know how it holds up. Shipping scrappy items is one thing that can be a bit iffy.

You'll have to post photos of your cards too, I'd love to see them! Your birthday card in the gallery is wonderful!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to michellesmakingmemories

I did shadow boxes for a swap an few years ago and I mailed them in a bubble mailer but wrapped them in more bubble wrap first and they did OK, I stamped them 'Fragile'and 'Do Not Bend' and also put stiff cardboard in the package to prevent bending. Worked ok and all survived intact across the states

Diva
In response to catzscrapper

I am sure that the bubble wrap and special box will be OK as long as you make sure is not going to be bend and make sure you stamp all over fragile!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics