Username Post: Tissue paper        (Topic#1580749)
Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

My mother gave me some really awesom looking tissue paper and I was wondering if you can use it scrapbooking and what projects I can make with it? I have also glued tissue paper before and glue goes through it really easy. Is there a way to adhere it to my scrapbook without glue messing it up?

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Lunareclipse

You can make tissue paper flowers with it, you can tear random pieces of it and just mod-podge them to your background, you can make borders with it, you can die cut it.....just about anything you can do with regular paper, it's just a different look!
You can use mod-podge if you want to glue it down flat (like a die cut shape or something) and if you make a flower or something, I would just use a small dab of adhesive.

As far as archival quality....I guess that depends on the tissue paper. I'm not sure which ones are archival safe etc...
I have used bits of tissue on my layouts and I don't tend to fret over every little thing I put on my layouts. I generally use "safe" scrapbooking products purchased from here or my LSS but occasionally I have used items from other places and I just don't worry about it...That's just me

Alison

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
You can make tissue paper flowers with it, you can tear random pieces of it and just mod-podge them to your background, you can make borders with it, you can die cut it.....just about anything you can do with regular paper, it's just a different look!
You can use mod-podge if you want to glue it down flat (like a die cut shape or something) and if you make a flower or something, I would just use a small dab of adhesive.

As far as archival quality....I guess that depends on the tissue paper. I'm not sure which ones are archival safe etc...
I have used bits of tissue on my layouts and I don't tend to fret over every little thing I put on my layouts. I generally use "safe" scrapbooking products purchased from here or my LSS but occasionally I have used items from other places and I just don't worry about it...That's just me

Alison

I'm like you. I don't worry too much about my materials being safe for my scrapbook. All of my pics are copies I printed off of the originals, so I'm not concerned about something happening to them. I can just print another later if I need to. I've even used scraps of wallpaper for somethings. I know it isn't going to last as long as "safe" junk, but I had fun making my page and it will probably last long enough so that the people that matter can see the pages.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-16-12 12:22 PM

Depends on exactly how you want to use it. If it's a photo mat or gathered flower or something, then you can just glue underneath an opaque part. Or add something decorative on top like a brad, button, or bow.

For this LO, the tissue is the stuff they line the sandwich baskets with at Red Robin. I had thought about spraying the whole thing with Photo Mount, then I realized that getting it to lay flat and square and even would be a royal pain in the butt and there would be much swearing involved. So instead I glued all my pics and stuff on top of the tissue first, then put ATG on the tissue only behind the photos, and then the brads in the corners. Luckily I keep my pages in page protectors because the corners and sides that don't have brads are free and loose.

Garlic Fries! By Stick

OTOH, using Photo Mount and laying it down all wrinkled and distressed could also look really cool.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to stick

• stick Said:
Depends on exactly how you want to use it. If it's a photo mat or gathered flower or something, then you can just glue underneath an opaque part. Or add something decorative on top like a brad, button, or bow.

For this LO, the tissue is the stuff they line the sandwich baskets with at Red Robin. I had thought about spraying the whole thing with Photo Mount, then I realized that getting it to lay flat and square and even would be a royal pain in the butt and there would be much swearing involved. So instead I glued all my pics and stuff on top of the tissue first, then put ATG on the tissue only behind the photos, and then the brads in the corners. Luckily I keep my pages in page protectors because the corners and sides that don't have brads are free and loose.

Garlic Fries! By Stick

OTOH, using Photo Mount and laying it down all wrinkled and distressed could also look really cool.

This layout is cool. I was thinking about doing something similar with the Panera Bread paper that they use to wrap up bread bowl. I love it.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

I've used tissue paper on mini albums - it goes on nicely as a background when glued to the chipboard, and it's extra good since the minis tend to have way too many layers and this is a thin one. just make sure you glue the chipboard side, not the tissue side. and i like it crumbled a little before glueing - adds a distressed look and more interest to the color. enjoy)

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to OlesyaK.

I love Tissue Paper as an accent but admit I don't use it much.
Here are 2 of my layouts using tissue paper:

Christmas Morning 2009 By Doreena

Carousel By Doreena

I think as long as it's under the pic, it's safe.

BTW - thanks to this thread, I am inspired to use it again! Hopefully my next layout.
Thanks!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Doreena

Oh, and I just remembered....I did a fall layout with tissue paper once. Remember those wadded up "tissue paper leaves" we used to make in school? I stamped a large tree image on my page (you could also use one of the cool tree chipboard shapes they have here) and then I wadded up small pieces of orange, red, yellow, green tissue and glued them onto the tree and around the base....it was kinda cool...(it looked better than it sounds, LOL!)

Alison

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to kiyawinn

Thanks guys. I can't wait to try some of these ideas. If anyone else has anymore ideas, I'm always open.

Diva

I use iot more than anything for accents and to make flowers for my layouts.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics