Username Post: 7x7 layout        (Topic#1580823)
Bgreuter
Tenant
Bgreuter

I am trying to use up some 7x7 Creative Memories pages I've had since the 80's. I stopped Scrapbooking for 15 years , maybe more (I'm 57 years old) and I feel so guilty not using them as they are in package and good as new. Scrapbooking has changed a lot and I'm at a loss for page ideas. The album is for my daughter's bridesmaids luncheon and I would welcome any layout, paper etc..ideas. I've started over and over again, have a lot of modern products to use or buy as necessary but can't get it right. Any constructive comments more than welcome.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bgreuter

I would just go to the gallery and see what you like and get ideas. That helps me sometimes when I don't know what I want to do.

I don't do mini-books, I tried an 8 x 8 and I struggled with it - was not my cup of tea but a lot of ladies here make beautiful mini's. Maybe some of them will have some ideas!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-17-12 05:28 PM
In response to Bgreuter

If you look in the gallery here you can select Layouts and then Sizes, then select 6x6 or 8x8. You should be able to find lots of inspiration for this smaller size

Bgreuter
Tenant
Bgreuter
In response to Henri Jean

Thank you for your advice, I am going through some tonight. I noticed you live in Ocala. I was born and raised in Sanford, FL. I left when I got married and now cannot believe the changes. We are back in FL now as my husband is semi retired and live in Santa Rosa county in the Panhandle. I really miss Central Florida and we might go back, God willing. Have a nice evening.

Bgreuter
Tenant
Bgreuter
In response to stick

Oh, thank you. I did not realize I had those choices! I love your pink shoes. Enjoy every minute wearing them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bgreuter

I know exactly where Sanfords is. I used to have a favorite seafood restaurant there - Barnacles maybe but I'm not sure. Maybe it was Barnacle Bill. Don't know if it is still there.

Seems I find the seafood restaurants everywhere!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Henri Jean

Hi and welcome!

Do you have an album that they will fit? I would start there first, and make sure that you can use them.

I got some packs of 6x6 page protectors really cheap in a sale once, and it wasn't until I got them home that I realised that the holes were punched a specific distance apart and fitted none of my albums. I didn't have a Cropodile then, to punch my own holes or covers.

They were so cheap that I ended up using them to hold my tiny scraps in my scrap accordion, and that works perfectly.

But back to your album, could the photos be too big for your page? You need a little negative space around them, otherwise your LO will look cluttered. A 6x4 photo on a 7x7 page doesn't leave much room for journalling and embellishments. Maybe going minimalist is the answer?

Diva
In response to RedSquirrel

I love mini albums and got preety ideas from this website.

By the way I love Barnacle Bill, they have some in Sarasota, Fla where I used to live.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to bayamonesa1

I haven't done very many mini's , but I did find that if there is a paper line that you like to go with it. Seemed to make the album go together better for me and the ones I have done have always been themed.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Sherrenae

You could also use the paper for mats for the photos and use the paper to make your own embellishments.

Diva
In response to thehappyscrapper8

USe them as part of the layout either to frame photos or to give dimension to your page. Also, you could make pockets for your pages using the 7X7 paper.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics