Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Silhouette Cameo?        (Topic#1580827)
LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 09-19-12 06:52 AM
In response to justartguy007

Congrats on your purchase!

LOL...you cracked me up when you were talking about adding and subtracting around with your money...I do the same thing, no matter how much I have put away! I'm pretty cheap!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Enjoy your new toy Justie. I have a lot of friends who have Cameos and they love them. Actually, I think they may be more versatile then my Cricut and also from what I've seen, the cuts are cleaner.

If I had it to do over I would definitely investigate the Cameo.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to Henri Jean

Glad you did it Justie! Remember I bough mine in July from Oh my Craft? Well and to make the long story short, September came and I didn't receive my Cameo. They blame it on Silhouette for the delay. I decided to call Silhouette directly and found out OMC wasn't paying on time and that's the reason they are lying to the customers about the delays and shipping issues.In the meantime, they are taking the money from the customers right away.

They don't answer the phones and communication if any is through emails whenever they feel like answering. When I email back OMC, the customer service manager Heather got an attitude and wrote back telling me that I was lying and canceled my order just like that. When I threatened to call my attorney, BBB and FTC she refunded my money right away. Now, and as a single mom I can't afford to buy the Cameo at regular price since OMC let me use a coupon and no machine for me since I sold my Cricut. You can understand how frustrated and aggravating this is. After savings for so long and waiting all these months to get nothing back in return. I reported them to BBB and also open a claim at FTC for false advertising.

So listen to me fellow scrappers, DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT under any circunstances or how good the coupon/discount is at Oh My Crafts, DO NOT BUY from them if you ever want to get the item that you pay for. They may be good for small things but a big ticket item like the Cameo, they are a completely RIPOFF. They have 12 complaints at the BBC in the last three years and when you google their name, everyone is complaining. So save yourself and your money from these people.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to GIGIGI30

GiGiGi30,

That sucks! Sorry to hear that you can't get your cameo. I almost bought the cameo from On My Craft. But something stoped me from getting it there. I looked on amazon.com since I never had a problem with them before. They had one at a decent price I knew I could afford it still was expensive but it was a little least then the regular pirce

Justie

http://wwwjustie.blogspot.com

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to LeeLo

Thanks I know I can be a cheap guy at times. But that why I save my money over the years. Because I wanted to be able to afford the stuff I want. But I still look at the prices and try to find a better deal on stuff, lol.

Justie

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007

Hey ladies and guys,

I just woke up yeah I know I am a sleep hog, lol. I founed a big box in my room. I knew it had to be my Silhouette Cameo. I look on amazon tracking page it was sent out yesterday and got here this moring at 11:30am. My dad must have put it in my room for me. I was expecting it on monday or sometime next week. I guess amazon can be quick about some of their orders. I order it on tuesday it was shipped out wednesday now here at my house.
I know I'll be playing around with it tonight and all weekend. I might ask some of you for some advice about the machine. I know some of you have one.

Jusite

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

Yea! Have fun~Judy

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to mrsdriver5

Awesome, enjoy your new machine! Have you tried the print and cut feature yet?

GIGIGI30,
Sorry to hear that happened to you.
Will you be looking elsewhere to buy one? Or holding off for a while? I hope you can get one soon.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to ChansGram

Nope not yet was got done trying the cut feature and will try the print and cut feature. After I use my $10.00 download card. Just trying to figure out the software.

Justie

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007

I am now trying out my print and cut feature now. It been cutting as we speak it took a few tries. But finally have it figure out, lol. I also download few images from the online store with my $10.00 download card. I am enjoying it so far. I just have to figure out the cut pressure. Because my paper torn a little not much. Just a little bit.

Justie

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram

Sounds like you are having fun with your machine!
Also, don't forget speed can tear your paper as well, especially if the cut is very intricate.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:

GIGIGI30,
Sorry to hear that happened to you.
Will you be looking elsewhere to buy one? Or holding off for a while? I hope you can get one soon.

Oh Ms. Trish, what a nightmare!! I'm so depressed after the incident that I cannot even look at anything craft related. I don't even know when I'm going to be able to save the money again to buy one. And worse, I sold my little cricut and all accessories so I'm left with nothing....I just want to burst into tears!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GIGIGI30

GIGIGI30 - That is just awful! I am so sorry - hopefully something will still come through. Was it on your credit card? If so, many credit cards make it right when things never arrive.

Justie - Enjoy your new machine. Amazon is just awesome - I order from them all the time and never have a second's trouble. Things always go out so fast too!

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to Henri Jean

I am enjoying it so far... I am now trying to learn how to get some of the cuts to cut as a whole it going to be a learing cruve for me. I might go out tomorrow down to Wal Mart and get the cricut tools to help with getting my cuts off the matt and to help clean off the little paper. Off my mate. I'll probably order another matt and blade soon. I know that won't be too expenisve, lol.

It pretty quite when it cuts. But when it done it makes a loud noise when it done cutting. Is it suppose to do that. Just wondering cause it a new machine for me. Maybe it was what my hearing aids. That makes it sound loud when it done. Anyways hope everyone enjoy their weekend.

Justie

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg

Yes, Justie it make a loud noise when its. done. I would recommend the on-line classes by Keri Bradford on the Cameo, they really helped me. You get a lot for your money with the 2 Cameo classes and you can take them whenever you feel like it. I was going strong, but I've been ill all Summer, so I slowed down. I did try the cut to print feature, but I needed coaching and I got help from the Twopeasinabucket.com ladies. So, if we can't help here try there for some help. There are also some wonderful videos on youtube that explains a great deal. Welcome to the family and I hope you enjoy your Cameo.
PS. I got mine from overstock.com and it was free shipping and only $269.99, so ladies you can find them cheaper. Oh, My Craft has lost their touch and I don't shop with them anymore.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to Cricutgirlg

Thanks for the reply I might have to look at the sites you told me about. I usually like to figure things out for myself and I did find a good video on youtube about welding letters together.

I am really enjoying my cameo so far and it fits my style good. Since I am a graphic designer major. I enjoy computers so I am glad I went the cameo route. I'll show some layouts I am in the process of doing at the moment. When I get done I'll posted most of them. If not all on my gallery. Have a good Monday and start to your week.

Justie

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

Just to resurrect this old topic and for all in here who were so concern (Ms. Henri Jean, Chan'sGram, Ms. Sally, Justie, etc.) and felt bad for the debacle that I went through for my Cameo order with OMC...I just want to say that there is a God. I finally were able to re-save the money since I've been working a few extra hours here and there at my job and I ordered my Cameo on Thursday and it's on my way to me. It will be here by Wednesday. No lame excuses, delays, cancellations...Nothing, bought it and the same day shipped. And best of all, only $240.

God only knows that I deserve to buy something for me once and for all. So happy that I want to share. Can't wait to start playing!!!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to GIGIGI30

Gigi, that's so great!!! Where did you end up getting the cameo from? Happy for you, now get in that scraproom, girl!!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Juansmom

Awesome!
Can't wait till you get it! I just cut some cute things yesterday!
I love their online store and sometimes just sit and cut things!
Bad in a way because I'm not accomplishing anything, but I just love their cuts! I will be thinking of you, be sure to let us know how you like it!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to ChansGram

Thank you all...I'll definitely start uploading pictures here as soon as I start working on things. My head is already spinning with ideas, and I've spent the last 24 hours watching tuts and blogs everywhere. I even joined a few Silhouette groups on FB. I'm so excited, can you tell?...lol!

There is a Evil Bay Trusted seller that has it on sale for $249.99 free shipping and I got a $10 extra credit through a promotion that my bank offer if you use your debit card, so a win-win for me. PM if you want the name of the seller.

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics