Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Obstacles That Prevent You From Scrapbooking        (Topic#1580841)
t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

Please pick one.

Obstacles That Prevent You From Scrapbooking
Overwhelmed By Choices of Products
Perfectionism - My LOs Have To Be Perfect
Lack of Design Know How
Time Constraints - Takes A Long Time To Prepare/Scrap
Easily Distracted - Other Pulls For Your Time
Disorganization
You may choose one option.
Votes accepted from 09-18-12 05:56 AM to 10-18-12 05:56 AM.
View results
You are not allowed to vote in this poll.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to t-scraps

Are you writing a book?

Kidding!

I think I have INTENTIONS of getting to the scrap room, and the kids, bills, BF, phone, email, the GALLERY HERE etc.....all call my name and I cant get there. Or if I do lock my self away and try to work on a page, they FIND ME!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-18-12 06:17 AM
In response to ScrappyMama6

What? We can only pick one? Hmm, I can't decide.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Vae

For me, it's the internet. I'm addicted.

Our power went out for 3 hours one day last week and I got 4 cards done.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to kelseymel

It's difficult to pick just one but if I have to then it's definitely Time constraints.

April - October is hit or miss with scrappy time because I live in WI and those are our good weather months and I garden and preserve our harvests.

Also, DS is older now so he doesn't go to bed by 8 anymore, which would give me a couple of hours to scrap.

Oh and work. My job definitely gets in the way of my scrappy time

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to pugs223

I'd say inspiration, at the moment at least.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to scrappercaz

Time, that is my worst enemy when it comes to being able to scrap!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

I'm on the same page Carolyn is - my problem is inspiration. And add motivation.

I have two pages on my desk right now that I would like to do something with and I'm clueless as to what! One is the arrangement of roses from my kids at mothers day and the other is a copy of the menu from one of our favorite seafood restaurants (in St. Pete) and journaling to start a trip. Going to be very hard to get it to tie together. Also a funny story where my husband picked up the glue roll for my stockings I need when I'm on my feet a lot and thought it was a new deodorant and almost put glue under his armpits.

Guess I will go take pictures of the deodorants and the glue bottle and they could work on the layout.

Seafood paper maybe - I don't know - I have lots of crab and lobster embellies but I don't think I have clams but I never know until I look.

My mind wanders, the internet calls - I'm easily sidetracked. Maybe I will do the flowers and then a title page for the Key West trip and then the first page will be the seafood restaruant in St. Pete on the Way to Key West.

Just not getting into it like I would like too.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Henri Jean

nothing. I scrap when I want to,,,,sometimes I'd rather be here. Sometimes I'd rather watch television, and sometimes I'd rather read a book, spend time with my husband and kids, or go to Disney World,,,,,,,but I scrap when I want to,,,,

all my kids are grown and I my work is very flexible and done from home, so I'm lucky that way.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to CommaHolly

I wouldn't say that I'm "easily distracted" but there are definitely other pulls on my time....
I run a business with my DH, homeschool my son, am currently taking my mom to chemo and taking care of her.....
I try to get a bit of time on the weekends but that doesn't always happen either...
It's funny too because the times when I am particularly busy and stressed is the exact time when I NEED to scrap!

Alison

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
I wouldn't say that I'm "easily distracted" but there are definitely other pulls on my time....
I run a business with my DH, homeschool my son, am currently taking my mom to chemo and taking care of her.....
I try to get a bit of time on the weekends but that doesn't always happen either...
It's funny too because the times when I am particularly busy and stressed is the exact time when I NEED to scrap!
Alison

THIS for sure. I can tell when I need scrap therapy. Of course, retail therapy helps too. I now have more supplies than I'll probably use in a lifetime but it doesn't keep me out of HL.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-18-12 07:51 AM
In response to pugs223

Wish you offered an "all of the above" or ability to pick multiple choices.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
Are you writing a book?

Kidding!

I think I have INTENTIONS of getting to the scrap room, and the kids, bills, BF, phone, email, the GALLERY HERE etc.....all call my name and I cant get there. Or if I do lock my self away and try to work on a page, they FIND ME!!

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!

daschweder
Veteran
daschweder
In response to Doreena

Time constraints and easily distracted. I have a lot on my plate right now. I am getting ready for a craft bazaar and that is taking most my time away from scrapping. I have 1 month to get ready for it and that is my top priority for right now. Then after its over with then I will get back to scrapping and finding out what I have to work with.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to daschweder

Time is definitely the issue for me. Two kids and a full time job and trying to start my own business make it very hard to have scrappy time. I am planning on scrapping tonight but you never know. Sometimes after all is said and done I just crash.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Time, but not because of takes a long time to prepare/scrap. I'm transitioning to a new career so I'm working multiple jobs at the moment, plus being the mom, housewife, financial person, shopper, etc that I normally am. I need to study for a life insurance license exam, suppose I should also schedule the exam. Today I was up at 6 (because I slept late), worked as a crosswalk sub from 7:45 to 8:45, merchandised 4 stores for a co-worker who is on vacation from 8:45 to 1, picked up a sick kid 45 minutes ago and I'm about to go back to the crosswalk until 3:15. Then it's home for a bunch of cold calling for a different job and hopefully I'll have some time to eat dinner before I go to the school Open House tonight. next week will be slightly easier because I won't be subbing at either job, but I'm also hoping I'll be booking more client meetings for the afternoons as a result of cold calls. I have 5 projects organized and ready to be worked on, but I don't have the time or energy to work on them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to moxiegirl23

Oh Liz - don't know how you do it, but I do understand - you do what you have to do.

You are one busy woman but it looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel when you pass the insurance exam!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

My choice isn't there -- LIFE. It gets in the way.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to moxiegirl23

I have managed to scrap twice this year at a good pace, once at a crop in CO and then this past weekend. Other than that, I have done a page here and a page there, but nothing like I used to.

Between work, home schooling and getting house work done, plus all my migraine issues this year, I haven't had the time that I have had in the past. Hopefully I will be able to eek out more time!

Plus, I got a new DSLR camera, so I want to play with that and see if I can get my photography mojo back!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Henri Jean Said:
Oh Liz - don't know how you do it, but I do understand - you do what you have to do.

You are one busy woman but it looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel when you pass the insurance exam!

I put one foot in front of the other and keep my coffee mug filled! I've got one exam and license accomplished, I just need Life to round out Accident and Health. The light at the end of the tunnel is actual enrollments.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics