Page 3 of 3 
Username Post: Obstacles That Prevent You From Scrapbooking        (Topic#1580841)
Booknook200
Expert
Booknook200
In response to moxiegirl23

For me, I get overwhelmed by my stuff. Plus, I just can't seem to figure out how to do things, I'll watch youtube videos and look at the galleries, to no avail. Then I look at all my stuff again, and sigh, lol. I do get there eventually.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Booknook200

Time. Not time to prepare, but carving out time to sit in my room and scrap. I have a great room filled with stuff, but when I scrap at home, there always seems to be "one more thing" to do. Have to work on that.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Kim222

Definitly distracted by all sorts of projects around the house. I feel like I have ADD because I jump from one thing to the next.

Tenant
In response to Booknook200

I'm the same way. I love my end results when I create but I am inhibited by a drive to be perfect.

Ursula Schneider
Veteran
Ursula Schneider

For me, it often has to do with how I'm feeling emotionally.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
My choice isn't there -- LIFE. It gets in the way.

^^^ This.

But I voted Easily Distracted, although I'm not. It's just that most things have a closer deadline.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to RedSquirrel

We moved about a year ago and that fact I cannot even believe....its been a year. I cant say kids as my daughter is a senior at UNO and my husband just left for his two month tour overseas so its just me and our 15 yr old cat. I was feeling sad - missing dh and daughter and I told him I was flipping through my scrapbook magazine and he made a comment that made me think....he said "good I am glad to hear that, scrapbooking always makes you happy". He purchased me a scrapbox when we moved and everything is set up I just need to do it! Thx to all of you for inspiring me to dive back in!

Diva
In response to jellyziva

For me is time as I work full time, energy as I am going thru chemo treatmensts every other week for three days in a row for Colon Cancer and the motivation to sit and do the work. Once I start working on a project, I can't stop until is done. My layouts are simple, but I like them that way. Since I decided that due to money limitations, I will use what I have on hand, I went back to use letter stickers, etc. It is fun to do so! Lots of chipboards and paper that I have accumulated for years! Only go to the stire to buy adhesive!

CSMmom
CSMmom 
Expert
CSMmom
In response to bayamonesa1

Its definitely time. I'm a stay at home mom and this is my first year that all 3 kids are in school 5 days a week. My youngest is in preschool so I only get about 2.5 hrs but its more than I've had in 8 years! We've only been in school 2 weeks so things will settle down but I haven't even managed to use one of my mornings to scrap! The problem is between volunteering at the schools, sports (3 kids play and my dh is VP of the league and the fields coordinator), cub scouts (2 boys in it, dh is den leader and I'm taking over as pack treasurer), homework, taking care of the house, cooking, laundry, bills, grocery shopping, etc and just every day life things/emotions, I find that by the time the house is settled for the night, I'm ready to crash. I tried getting up earlier in the morning but that didn't work well either. Just too tired for anything once life is taken care of. And I'm supposed to be training for a half marathon and that isn't going to well either. Again, its time and energy. I'm going away to a scrap retreat in 3 weeks and I don't know how I'm going to manage to get ready for it.

I'm hopeful that in a couple weeks things will settle down as we get use to the routine and I'll get to have 1 morning a week just for scrapping. 1 of my major issues has been taken care of.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

CARDS! I almost wish I'd never started them. They go so much faster than a scrapbook page. Every time I sit down to scrapbook and have the slightest block, I make another card instead. I now have a bazillion cards, and haven't done an actual scrapbook page in a couple months!

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty

I get a lot of of scraping done I just distract myself and start new projects that I don't finish!! I'm trying to work on that!!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to simplycrafty

This answer has probably been given, but I haven't gone back to re-read all the answers, but as of this afternoon I can give my answer—this forum is keeping me from working on my LOs OK...I'm gonna get busy...as soon as I read one or two more threads~Judy

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to mrsdriver5

Time, for sure. Between full time work, a family, and graduate school, it's just crazy. I get home and I just want to veg.

I made myself scrap last weekend, and it was great. I think I just have to make it happen, because if I wait for timing, it doesn't.

mj scrappin'
Veteran
mj scrappin'
In response to t-scraps

I saw a response that said the internet and yes...if I spent my time doing rather that collecting ideas of how to do it, I would have a lot more pages done! But my biggest obstacle ihas been a lack of energy. I am feeling better now and have done more pages in the last three months than in the last three years! I have a sleeping disorder and after several sleep study tests, the Dr. has figured out what I need and I have way more energy!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

i chose time but not because of how long it takes to make something. it's more lack of time to myself because family/life usually come first.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to Lamoo12

• Lamoo12 Said:
i chose time but not because of how long it takes to make something. it's more lack of time to myself because family/life usually come first.

Here, here, sister! I am usually cramming so much for the kiddos and I almost never have time for myself......although I made time yesterday for me(after helping one of my kiddos with a school project). I was only able to finish 1 layout, but I will take it. It might not be much but at least it's a little something.

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to pamela.tx

The usual... need to make time for the kids, work, household chores and just found one more...

Following scrapbooking blogs, looking for ideas. Next thing I know, looking online for a sketch turns into an all afternoon affair :-)

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mama2Thomas

My main obstacle for not scrapping more is becuase we are away from home so much - sometimes for months at a time!

When I'm actually home, I get a lot of scrap time in.

Page 3 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics