Username Post: Single Page Vs Double Page Layout??        (Topic#1580847)
littleislandgirl75
New Kid On the Block
littleislandgirl75

Hello everyone!!

I am brand new to this site and to scrapbooking and I'm still trying to figure out how this works.

One topic I can't find info about on this site is the difference between a single page and a double page LO? Someone told me I can choose to do single page layouts or double page but I have no idea what that means.

Would someone please help me?

Thank you!

rebeccakeppel
Idol
rebeccakeppel
In response to littleislandgirl75

Some scrapbookers like to scrap on two pieces of paper side by side (so for example using 2 pieces of 12x12 cardstock next to each other in one design). Others prefer to just use one piece of paper as a base. You can see some examples of 2 page layouts if you search the gallery by size (12x24) HERE.

littleislandgirl75
New Kid On the Block
littleislandgirl75
In response to rebeccakeppel

Thank you very much! This helped a lot! Sometimes I get overwhelmed by all the info on this site but I found a whole bunch of info on 2 page layouts with the link you gave me. I appreciate it!

rebeccakeppel
Idol
rebeccakeppel

Your welcome! I look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery !

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to rebeccakeppel

I did a blog post about this awhile back:

http://3monkeysthrowingar oundsomepaper.blogspot.com/201...

Diva
In response to binkiemonstermom

It is so much fun as you enter the world of scrapbooking. I feel it is so great to be creative and save the memories! I work either way single or double layouts. It depends of the number of photos that I have to work with or the theme of the page. Good luck!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 09-19-12 12:39 PM
In response to bayamonesa1

Just remember...there are no rules! I started out doing double LOs...then kinda moved on to singles. It kind of depends on how many pictures I have or want to include. I think it's kinda neat to do one 12x12 more in a scrapbook style then do the 2nd side as more of a collage to add extra photos.

Good luck...have fun!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to LeeLo

Again, no right or wrong, but since so far I'm scrapping chronologically, I try to make both sides of the 2 pages at least coordinate. If it's on the same subject, I normally make them as two separate LOs, but matching paper, fonts, etc. Personally, it bugs me to see 2-pages with a center photo cut down the middle. It would work for me because I mostly do post albums, but it's just not "me"—but for those who do them, it's obviously their style...and that's good. The gallery would be boring if all the LOs looked the same! So far I haven't even carried a title across two pages, but I do like the pages to coordinate.

My problem is I keep ending one "chapter" on the left side and having my new chapter title on the right page and they may not have much to do with each other, but I still coordinate colors and style. ie—I wouldn't have a cartoon-type page on one side and a frilly hearts&flowers one on the opposite page.

Have fun finding your own style. Looking through the gallery and picking out what catches your eye will help you figure out things you can at least try. Some things you try, you'll keep on doing. Others...eh, maybe not so much, but it's hard to know until you give it a try.~Judy

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to mrsdriver5

Yep they are right no right or wrong way.. whatever puts a smile on YOUR face.... but I do mostly double.. bc i mostly scrap vacation and vacation have lots lots lots of photos.. LOL.. but I occasionly for other things just do the singles. Keep scrapping.. and dont forget to post LOs.. kajunkat Mary

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to kajunkat

What they all said
No rules-no right way-no wrong way-just your way.

I have single page layouts, double page layouts, some that spread across 3 pages, and one that went 5 or 6 pages long! Just depends on the pics and the mood.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

littleislandgirl75
New Kid On the Block
littleislandgirl75
In response to Kim222

Thank you everyone for all of your help! I should be getting my order of supplies in the next day or so and hope to start my first LO soon!

littleislandgirl75
New Kid On the Block
littleislandgirl75

Loved your blog! Thank you!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

Thank you!!!! Can't wait to see your first LO posted!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

ANother one - some of my layouts are one pages, some are two pages.

If I end on a left side and start something new that will be several pages I put a title page on the right side for the new section coming up.

If my one pagers are on the same theme or day or place I coordinate. If they are totally non-related, then I don't usually try to coordinate them, but that is just me.

The books are beautiful where the pages are coordinated. Its just what is comfortable for you.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to Henri Jean

When I first started scrapping I did only double page LOs. I just couldn't do a single page. Eventually I moved onto single pages and I do them most of the time now it seems. It is really determined by the number of pics I want to put on the pages.

I try to use coordinated paper with pics from the same event or time. For instance, I did three pages on a day at the park with my grandsons. I used some of the same print papers and colors on all three pages to pull them together and put them in sequential order in my album. Does that make sense?

littleislandgirl75
New Kid On the Block
littleislandgirl75
In response to idlewoman

yes, makes sense to me. thank you!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8

Do whatever feels right to you. I usually do single page layouts but it depends on the order of my pictures and how many pictures I have if I do a double layout or not. There is no right or wrong way to scrapbook. I hope you are enjoying it. I love scrapbooking and paper crafting.

max28
max28 
Tenant
max28
  • max28 on 12-15-12 10:29 AM
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Hey,

welcome to scrapbooking I only use double page, as this works out best with my pictures. I'm looking forward to your finished book!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics