Username Post: Help! Does this product even exist?        (Topic#1580849)
New Kid On the Block

I have made a scrapbook that has cardstock for the pages and no page protectors because I am scrapbooking not only papers but also cards that I want to open and read the back of. I cannot put the cardstock right in the binding, even with page extenders, because the pages don't fold all the way down, and if they did, it would tear the perforation. What I would like is (this is hard to explain, so bear with me) something that has plastic with holes like page protectors do but is just a little extra that I can peel apart and it has adhesive in between so that it will stick to both sides of the card stock and hold it in there but won't cover it. Then the pages will turn easily but the cards won't be covered. Does such a thing exist? I have searched everything I possibly could online but nothing even close came up. Please help!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to rennypiv

Have you considered using regular page protectors, but cutting slits in them to slip the fronts of the cards through?

New Kid On the Block
In response to aquabunny

No, I haven't considered that. It is a really good idea. It would work for some of the pages but several of the pages have two or three cards on each page so the protector would be cut all to pieces. This book is for all of the cards that my husband and myself gave each while we were dating until now (3 yr. anniversary) and so we even wrote on the back of cards, so they aren't taped right to the page but taped only on one side so we can not only open them, but look at the back as well. But I may try it for the ones that only have one card on them. Thank you

Edited by rennypiv on 09-18-12 12:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-18-12 01:15 PM
In response to rennypiv

It's an interesting idea. I'll bet you could make something like it pretty easily using cardstock or plastic sheets - or even repurpose actual page protectors and just cut off the side you need at the width you need.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to stick

I don't know what they are called, but at some point in time, I had these flipper things. They fit 4x6 photos (and I think they sold 5x7 ones, too, that might fit your cards). They had several layers of protectors that went down the page for the photos, and the adhesive was at the top only, so you could "flip" the photo up and see what was on the back. I think they were made by 3M. I'm not sure, though. I can picture those darned things in my mind, too, but can't think what they were called.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

Oh, wait. I guess those wouldn't work because you'd still be unable to read the inside of the card. Darnit!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to siameseplease

Would something like these work? I've used them on interactive cards when I want them to stay closed, but still be able to open for viewing.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to rennypiv

how about making a pocket at the bottom of your page to hold the cards. Then, you could put the page in a page protector, cut a slit, and still be able to pull the cards out of the pocket.

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to Unique scrapper

This may sound retarded but I am going to throw it out there anyway. What about using clear contact paper? It would protect them and still be "plyable" that you could fold them and cut it to what ever length you wanted.

New Kid On the Block
In response to lifethroughalens

I saw this product when I was looking for a binding system. Its by Zutter and its called Add It All. Its an strip that has openings for rings that snap into a book with an adhesive strip so that you can things like pamphlets cards and brochure right into your albums. They have a video on their site that shows you exactly how it works and I'm sure you could either midfy this to work with a post bound book or make something like it that will work. Its pretty cool. I was going to get some to put Christmas cards and anniversary cards into an album.

This is the link to their website and video:

http://binditall.com/Add-it-All.html

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to ♥HappyCat♥

Hey Happycat, that is so cool. I need to add those to my wishlist ASAP!...TFS

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to rennypiv

I have a product that is just like your description except that it sticks to only one side. You can, however, stick a second one to the reverse side and they will align properly. Cardinal Brands, Inc. makes a number of products under the name of Hold It!, and the one I have is called a Ring Binder Insert Strip. I don't remember where I got mine, but if you Google it you will find it.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Ms. Fit

What about using ribbon to hold each card in place? I am imagining the ribbon fastened from top to bottom of the page, then slide the cardback under the ribbon, with the front open to turn. Kind of like the Bibles with a ribbon page holder, but attached to the cardstock on both ends. Or, create envelopes with pretty paper and slide each card in to pull out and look at. Vellum would be a nice touch.

nanatosweetgirls
Veteran
nanatosweetgirls
In response to Juansmom

You ladies are always so inspirational. Great ideas and always making my wish list get longer. lol Sure love this site.

Diva
In response to nanatosweetgirls

The ones that I remember are from Bind it all. Try that company.

max28
max28 
Tenant
max28
  • max28 on 12-09-12 11:01 AM
In response to bayamonesa1

Thanks for that Tip Ms. Fit! I had the same problem a few weeks ago Will try it out!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics